The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Sheldon's New Look

Ok guys, who is with me. I think Sheldon needs to cut his hair and either stop pumping the iron or wear larger pants and shirts. His new look doesn't fit the character and I also find that his character is becoming more "human like". Takes away from the show! It was much funnier when Sheldon was the "old Sheldon". Please Please go back...we love the "suck air in laugh", not the laugh displayed on one of the last episodes. Sheldon makes the show...but the show will lose ratings if Sheldon doesn't go back to the "old Sheldon".

P.S. LOVE THE SHOW...HAVEN'T MISSED AN EPISODE & DVR THEM TO WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Thanks,

Kelkie

I am hoping that the hair is because of his Harvey role coming up and hopefully he will cut it back to the old way next season. We will see.

I am hoping that the hair is because of his Harvey role coming up and hopefully he will cut it back to the old way next season. We will see.

I hope so. What about the new body?

I am a firm believer that Sheldon should remain the old Sheldon. I get it about character growth and all that, but if they completely change him he won't be Sheldon anymore.

There is more different to Sheldon than his appearance. Whether it is intentional or not, Jim is playing the character differently. The laugh is different. He smiles more. A lot of Sheldon's mannerisms were displayed through facial expressions. We are seeing fewer of those. The hair is an adjustment and I too am wondering if it is for the Harvey role. Bulkier Sheldon doesn't work that well. He is the biggest actor on the show and bulked up he looks more like one of Penny's boyfriends than the skinny nerd we're used to. He's not a muscle man yet, but he doesn't look like Sheldon either. Sheldon is different, and not necessarily better.

There is more different to Sheldon than his appearance. Whether it is intentional or not, Jim is playing the character differently. The laugh is different. He smiles more. A lot of Sheldon's mannerisms were displayed through facial expressions. We are seeing fewer of those. The hair is an adjustment and I too am wondering if it is for the Harvey role. Bulkier Sheldon doesn't work that well. He is the biggest actor on the show and bulked up he looks more like one of Penny's boyfriends than the skinny nerd we're used to. He's not a muscle man yet, but he doesn't look like Sheldon either. Sheldon is different, and not necessarily better.

I agree completely with this. Sheldon IS different. But apparently change is good, even if the guy who's changing is the guy who hates change in the first place. I think Sheldon should remain as he is.

I am a little surprised that they haven't gotten sheldon a larger size in the tshirts. They bunch up under the arms and look too tight. It makes me wonder too if this is temporary until he plays the harvey role and they expect him to lose weight again later on. Just a guess on my part.

I have to agree about the hair cut... and I don't usually care about such trivial things, but the last few episodes, he has this long swoosh in his hair and it's gotta go!

I hate the hair look he's having now. It should be much shorter. I don't mind the bulking up though :)....he shouldn't be skinny...it's just not ok.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

yeah, beginning of Season 4 he was too thin.. looked sick and I was genuinely worried about Jim (I then learnt he had a major oral surgery that made him lose that much weight) but I do like the way he looks know. I do agree about the hair though, I prefer the old Sheldon hair (tbh though, he could have a bird nest on his head and it would look good anyway)

I honestly prefer the shorter hair as well. It's just a preference.

It was getting REALLY bad but you can tell from the last two episodes it was at least shaped or cut a *little* differently. It was driving me insane.

I think it looked the worst in The Weekend Vortex. When he was sitting in the car with Amy I couldn't take my eyes off of it. LOL!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! Sheldon needs to go back to how he used to play his character and how he used to look.

I agree completely with this. Sheldon IS different. But apparently change is good, even if the guy who's changing is the guy who hates change in the first place. I think Sheldon should remain as he is.

Ok guys, who is with me. I think Sheldon needs to cut his hair and either stop pumping the iron or wear larger pants and shirts. His new look doesn't fit the character and I also find that his character is becoming more "human like". Takes away from the show! It was much funnier when Sheldon was the "old Sheldon". Please Please go back...we love the "suck air in laugh", not the laugh displayed on one of the last episodes. Sheldon makes the show...but the show will lose ratings if Sheldon doesn't go back to the "old Sheldon".

P.S. LOVE THE SHOW...HAVEN'T MISSED AN EPISODE & DVR THEM TO WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Thanks,

Kelkie

[email protected]

@ Sursonica I'd forgotten about that, he looks really bad at one point. Mystery solved.

@ Kyzzx Penny should have cut more off?

I hate the hair look he's having now. It should be much shorter. I don't mind the bulking up though :)....he shouldn't be skinny...it's just not ok.

I agree moon_pie, I don't mind that he is bulking up (looks good) but they need to get new tshirts in my opinion. It looks funny with the tshirts being too tight.

I do mind the bulking up. His character complains a lot when he has to lift something, trys to talk to Penny's ex and gets de-pants, etc. If he bulks up, there goes one of the best parts of being who "Sheldon" really is.

@ Kyzzx Penny should have cut more off?

Still just a preference, so in my opinion, yes. Lol.

I think they did the haircut episode to help address the hair issue. That's part of why I think he is doing it for harvey. I have high hopes that it will go back to normal next season.

Better be careful. People who suggest that things should go back to the way they used to be get flamed a lot around here.

I completely agree! He has become a very weird Sheldon and I miss the old one. Really hope he gets thinner and cuts his hair the way it used to be.

I'm with Sheldon. "Change is never fine. They say it is, but it's not".

yeah, beginning of Season 4 he was too thin.. looked sick and I was genuinely worried about Jim (I then learnt he had a major oral surgery that made him lose that much weight) but I do like the way he looks know. I do agree about the hair though, I prefer the old Sheldon hair (tbh though, he could have a bird nest on his head and it would look good anyway)

Didn't know that about the surgery, I thought it it might have been stress related, you know being thrust into the limelight, glad it wasn't that.

I can see that perhaps he is growing his hair for Harvey, but I don't know why he would bulk up intentionally, except for the fact that perhaps he is working out to improve his fitness to allow him to act in 8 shows a week on stage.

Better be careful. People who suggest that things should go back to the way they used to be get flamed a lot around here.

I have never joined anything like this before so I don't know what flamed means. Also, why would anyone get "flamed" (I'm guessing that is bad) by expressing their opinion? If I may...Sheldon's mannerisms made Sheldon's character. The show will not survive with a more "human like" Sheldon. Remember the episode where they think Sheldon may be a robot? A new Sheldon couldn't pull that off.

I have never joined anything like this before so I don't know what flamed means. Also, why would anyone get "flamed" (I'm guessing that is bad) by expressing their opinion? If I may...Sheldon's mannerisms made Sheldon's character. The show will not survive with a more "human like" Sheldon. Remember the episode where they think Sheldon may be a robot? A new Sheldon couldn't pull that off.

He's being sarcastic because of a recent thread called, I informed you thusly, I so informed you thusly. go back and read that one.