The shamy saga

I hate Amy & Sheldon's so called " Relationship" It ain't even a relationship, with the girlfriend agreement thing. I think they should change that, it just makes Sheldon look like an ass & controlling.

At Least with the room8 agreement, it doesn't matter, it is good cos that is his house. So he can do what he likes. As much as I don't really like Amy, it makes me feel sorry for her, how she gets treated.

here in Australia we are only in s5 maybe later on, it will get better ( i hope so) They should Show Sheldon as a caring person towards Amy but they just showing his a complete ass.

Sheldon is Sheldon, he treats everyone the same way, so a "relationship agreement" was totally in keeping with his personality. I dont think he is controlling, he just likes routine, schedules and agreements, it allows him to not think about those unimportant things and think about more important things, such as his work. If something is of benefit to him he will do it, if not, he has to be manipulated to do it, (for instance buying Leonard a birthday present, it had to be presented to him that either it is of benefit to him, or a customary social obligation, in this case it was a social obligation). The harsher side of Sheldon's personality is muted by the response he gets from the people around him, so basically because his friends accept him, we do too. As Jim says Sheldon is a lovely fellow.

We are only two episodes behind the USA (and both of them do not include Amy) in Australia at the moment,so you won't see any change in their relationship in the next couple of episodes at least, next Monday if they don't show a new episode here in Australia we will be three behind.

Every relationship functions properly in different ways. Some couples need more space, some need less, some couples want to spend time at home, some want to spend time at a club, etc. There's no cookie cutter way to define how a relationship should be. With Sheldon and Amy being as intellectual as they are, this seems to be the logical way they would handle their relationship. I certainly know that many couples struggle with how to make their relationships work (how to settle arguments, when's the right time to go to the next level, etc.), why wouldn't Sheldon write up a relationship agreement as an attempt to take out the guess work for both parties? Have a question on when to hold hands? It's outlined in the agreement. They get too busy to go out and spend some private time together on a date? It was stipulated in the agreement to have regular dates. It might sound silly to some people, but this arrangement works for them. It's very possible that could change in the future, as seen in the Weekend Vortex when Amy and Sheldon were mentioning their contributions to the relationship agreement, and Sheldon disregarded it despite Amy following the protocols simply because he really wanted to play games with the guys that weekend. In fact, it could possibly be a hint toward how their relationship becomes less structured and more spontaneous.

I like the shamy, but the only thing I wish were different is that we really haven't gotten to see much of the relationship developement -- why they like each other and have decided to be together. When season 4 began, sheldon and amy were already friends that texted each other all the time. We didn't get to see how that happened, other than their first meeting. And, we see glimpses of their time together and dates, but we haven't gotten to see enough of that to really understand why they like each other.

Does that make sense? For example, in the weekend vortex episode, when amy told penny that sheldon said it was a "magical evening" when they spent a date together not talking to each other -- I would have liked to have seen sheldon saying that (it seems a little out of character for him, so I would like to see it).

I'd like to understand more why shelodn likes being with amy -- letting her kiss him, being willing to do the snuggle, other than the fact that she is intelligent. He tells leonard all the time that he is his best friend, and we have seen their relationship and the particulars of why it works. And we have also gotten to see plenty of leonard and penny's relationship.

I agree with Convict13 and Aevitas, Sheldon is Sheldon and it all fits. He's not suddenly going to turn into a loving partner unless you are reading fan fiction. :icon_lol:

Dating him wouldn't be easy. He's made progress though. To his credit, he was going to leave the Star Wars game and go to the science museum, when he was made aware she was disappointed. I don't think he even realised at all. He doesn't have that ability. He doesn't know he's being an ass.

I like the Sheldon and Amy relationship. I don't see Sheldon being some kind of control nut because of the girlfriend agreement. I just assumed that Amy had as much to do with the make up of the agreement as was Sheldon. They seem to be the couple that are best suited for each other on the show.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

It is a relationship, a functional one, that works for both of them. As peculiar as both of them are, you cannot expect them to have a "normal" relationship. It wouldn't be them. They are a couple of Homo Novuses after all, LOL.

And out of all the relationships of the show, they are certainly the most stable and functioning of the show if you think about it. They always seem to find their way through negotiation to a middle ground for both of them, and certainly don't have the communication issues that the other couples of the show have.

I never thought i would be saying this, but Leonard/Penny and Howard/Bernadette could really pick up some tips from the Shamy.

And out of all the relationships of the show, they are certainly the most stable and functioning of the show if you think about it. They always seem to find their way through negotiation to a middle ground for both of them, and certainly don't have the communication issues that the other couples of the show have.

That should deff. be a point in their favour. Miscommunication is the biggest cause of relationship failures and so far that's worked for them.

I like Sheldon & Amy but not as boyfriend and girlfriend...

that kinda ruined the innocence (and uniqueness) of 2 the characters.

I agree. Sheldon's childlike nature is what makes him endearing. I'm dreading when the writers play the Shamy coitus card. It will completely destroy both characters.

I agree. Sheldon's childlike nature is what makes him endearing. I'm dreading when the writers play the Shamy coitus card. It will completely destroy both characters.

it's funny because I didn't catch some episodes of Season 5 in order, so one night when I watched it, they were suddenly "boyfriend and girlfriend" & I was like, "wait- what did I miss!?" I had missed THE episode which they decided to be bf/gf... I finally caught it, and was disappointed that the writers went that route of coupling them, when their relationship was fine (and quirky) as friends.

it's funny because I didn't catch some episodes of Season 5 in order, so one night when I watched it, they were suddenly "boyfriend and girlfriend" & I was like, "wait- what did I miss!?" I had missed THE episode which they decided to be bf/gf... I finally caught it, and was disappointed that the writers went that route of coupling them, when their relationship was fine (and quirky) as friends.

I think the writers love Mayim Bialik so they've given her character a larger and more intrusive role than she should have and it has the potential to unravel the chemistry of the main characters. Amy = Yoko Ono.

I think the writers love Mayim Bialik so they've given her character a larger and more intrusive role than she should have and it has the potential to unravel the chemistry of the main characters. Amy = Yoko Ono.

Are you a Shenny shipper or do you just not like the character? Just curious.

Are you a Shenny shipper or do you just not like the character?

I'm not a Shenny shipper. Sheldon is funniest when he's an observer of "inferior" humans. He should remain at that level and not become a buffoon like wearing maid's dressses and in the godawful "Fun with Flags" episode. Attempting to hook him up romantically with anyone is a mistake. His "love" is science.

interesting comments. I have only seen a few eps in season 5 so maybe once it is out on dvd i can catch up & might like it more. I like how him & penny get along, I loved the penny blossom ep. I saw the ep in how Amy couldn't go on her date with Stewart because Sheldon didn't like it and got between them. I think i wouldn't mind the bf/gf agreement so much, if that didn't happen, that to me, shows a bit of an a-hole side. when he does have a human side, we have seen it. well i have any way. So his character isn't that selfish. he cleaned penny's apartment ( it appeared selfish but wasn't). they have shown Sheldon's & that ep where he changed Lennard lie for his cousin who was coming out of rehab lol. Oh & sheldon told penny in the same ep where he cleaned her apartment, that she didn't have to live that way which she didn't understand what he was on about, that too is a bit of a caring side of his???

Although the relationship agreement seems controlling, during the actual episode, when Sheldon gives Amy the agreement to sign, she says it`s so romantic. Amy understands Sheldon like no other `normal`woman could; that`s why they`re so good together.

Saying that though, I would definitely vote against any Shamey coitus in the near future; that would be a momentus step away from Sheldon`s character since they aren`t even at sustained hand holding yet.

Spoiler Alert (Bazingafan):fi_lone_ranger:

FYI, you Shamy Shippers should know that the lollypop guild is currently in a paroxysm of joy over the events between Amy and Sheldon at the latest taping.

No more masturbating for money for Sheldon.