The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.23 The Launch Acceleration (May 3)

How do you rate this episode?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

The Launch Acceleration – NASA reschedules Howard’s mission, putting the wedding plans in jeopardy. Meanwhile, Leonard says something surprising to Penny in the bedroom, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, May 3 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

Still think it is hard to see Bernadette having a meltdown over it. Disappointment I can understand, but not making it into a major deal.

leonard/penny episodes

break-up.:icon_cry:

We should be so lucky. :icon_lol:

They only break up in the beginning of a season. Until Season 6, they are probably safe.

He already said "I love you" to her in bed once, so he won't do that again.

It's either "will you marry me" or "Penny, this isn't working".

I'm hoping for the latter.

He already said "I love you" to her in bed once, so he won't do that again.

It's either "will you marry me" or "Penny, this isn't working".

I'm hoping for the latter.

"this not working" is that after they had sex:icon_exclaim:

So I dont do Twitter and try to stay off of FB, so what is this tweet you're all referring too? I could see Leonard pooping the question, but as much as I like L/P I think that would change the dynamics of the show to much.

So I dont do Twitter and try to stay off of FB, so what is this tweet you're all referring too? I could see Leonard pooping the question, but as much as I like L/P I think that would change the dynamics of the show to much.

kyzzx-on a other post(kaley tweet on final table

reading season #5 emotional while reading it.)

what does it mean? that is the question!!!!

Wellll, I dunno about the pooping. Haha.

This is her actual tweet, no actual spoilers, of course:

"Starting table read for our season 5 finale.it's a good one! I experienced every single emotion while reading it, and I think you will too -- Kaley Cuoco" (@KaleyCuoco)

Hey, maybe penny tells leonard I love you and he says, thank you.

I'd throw my hands in the air and be like, "HELL YEAH, LEONARD!"

That would be so funny.

I could see Leonard pooping the question

That's good way to put it. :icon_lol: (Sorry, I feel 12 tonight.)

Well I never claimed my keyboard skills were that advanced. :) I suppose "popped" would be a bit more appropriate.

It would have to be that. I can't see him asking her to marry before she ever says I love you.

I just hope Leonard didn't get drunk and tell Penny that he accidentally ate a piece of cheese cake.

ahhh, we won't even see this episode for another month! such torture. :D

Seriously, it's awful. Waaahhhhh.

I'm not majorly interesting in the wedding/relationship side of things, although it would be a shame to split up Leonard and Penny again.

I hope Howard goes in to space. I know the wedding date clashing with the trip, will have to be handled first. But I would really like to see Howard interacting with the guys more about this. Rather than just speaking to Bernie. Raj is an astrophysicist for starters.

I'd love to see that.

After thinking about it some more, It would be hilarious if after Penny tells Leonard that she loves him, he says thanks, then after a while he says maybe they need to slow things down a bit. They could even have him tell her that he is going to go away for a few months to guest lecture at another University in another country. Someplace like India perhaps. Give Leonard a chance to catch up with some old friends.

Jeez, don't break Leonard and Penny up again. That's getting old. You can only break up and get back together so many times before you've got to give up and move on. I feel like that if Penny breaks up with Leonard again that will be the final time because Leonard will realize there's no future for them together. He's not stupid. I've been pulling for Leonard since the start so let him and Penny stay together. The very first episode was Penny moving in next door and Leonard falling in love with her. For me breaking them up again will ruin the whole show.

I don't see "marry me" because that would change the dynamic of the show too much. It's got to be something completely unexpected, something out of left field.

Just a thought but how about Leonard moving into Penny's apartment and Raj moving in with Sheldon to replace Leonard as Sheldon's roommate?

Could Penny tell Leonard that shes pregnant? Or she got an acting gig on Broadway and has to move to New York?

I think the L / P dynamic is a big part of the show and ending that relationship once and for all would ruin the show to some degree. The tension between them is part of the fabric of the show. Besides many of us can identify with Leonard and his journey with Penny, most guys have been in a similar situation at least once in their lifetime.

I kind of like the Raj / Sheldon idea but not sure that would fly in the long run?