5.23 The Launch Acceleration (May 3)

Tripper

How do you rate this episode?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

My favorite line was "coooooooooooooookie". Really the entire "gas" scene. Kaley was so hot in that scene, but then again I would sell my soul to date her so any scene with her will be my favorite. :icon_redface:

Leonard was funny with his Mr. Grinch impression.

it's a shame that most male viewers watch because of "Kaley". :icon_confused:

I watched "Drew Peterson: Untouchable" "because of Kaley" (because why on Earth would anyone willingly watch a Lifetime movie). :icon_wink: I actually started watching TBBT because I watch tv ratings and it was this beast killing everything so I had to check it out. Of course I probably subconsciously stayed because of Kaley but in reality I stayed because of Jim.

"come for the breasts, stay for the brain" :icon_lol:

I was a bit unconfortable with Leonard & Penny's scene when they are fighting, mainly because I think Penny overreacted. I mean, the guy proposed, she could have said no and ignore it, but she acted like if he had said something mean, or called another woman's name or somehting. I guess it does make sense with Penny's commitment issues, but still, I didn't like the way she treated Leonard.

I think it is because it is what she wants and it freaked her out that she actually wants to say yes but is completely stunned by the fact that she actually wants to say yes.

I was a bit unconfortable with Leonard & Penny's scene when they are fighting, mainly because I think Penny overreacted. I mean, the guy proposed, she could have said no and ignore it, but she acted like if he had said something mean, or called another woman's name or somehting. I guess it does make sense with Penny's commitment issues, but still, I didn't like the way she treated Leonard.

I think it is because it is what she wants and it freaked her out that she actually wants to say yes but is completely stunned by the fact that she actually wants to say yes.

she has said before she has thought about getting married with Leonard

L: did you think about us getting married?

P: of couse, I think about us getting married, I think about us breaking up

& there's also the 100th episode fantasy

so maybe, but I am still not sure.

Penny was upset but not upset enough to break things off with Leonard. She still wants to date him which should tell him something. She has strong feelings for him but is not at a point where she wants to make any large steps forward in their relationship. Give her time. Sooner or later she is going to come up with the big ILY, and then we will see where things go from there. Hopefully Leonard tells her thank you (one should always remember good manners).

Right. She isnt at the point where she wants to take large steps but I think in her mind it freaked her out that she realized that she wanted to say yes.

I now she has thought about marrying him in the past. Girls THINK about that all the time (I'll wait patiently for all of the denials :) ).

I agree, that Penny & Leonard's scene was a bit uncomfortable because of Penny's overreaction. he didn't say anything THAT out of line. it's just obviously not something she wanted to hear in the heat of the moment, and it turned her off. which is why Leonard joked that "they'll laugh about it one day" and then came to the conclusion, "I should go". ha.

Sheldon/Amy - Yeah I'm not an Amy fan but I'm glad they at least brought in some of her background to the situation. I am however, finding it a little tiring that her character keeps trying to please Sheldon so much and he seems totally uninterested. If he doesn't want to be in the relationship, then Amy should just walk away. I can't see a relationship like theirs ever going anywhere good. From the looks of it, Amy's probably going to always be bending to Sheldon's will and that's not healthy. He seems to only respect her as a scientist and not as a woman. I've noticed he's been acting this way all season and I think it's largely due to the childish behaviour the new writers are insisting he have.

Except we do know that Sheldon wants to be in the relationship.

EXACTLY. Exactly, exactly.

Doing nice things for your partner is not manipulative in the least.

He wants to be with her. We know Sheldon. When he wants something, he gets his way, when, where, and how he wants it.

When he doesn't want to do something, he doesn't. "Sorry I'm late, I just really didn't want to come." or "Please see yourself out. Good night."

That man has absolutely no hangups about telling someone to leave him alone. He clearly likes her, and made him a nice dinner because she cares. I fail to see how any of that scene was negative, at all.

People are reading too much into Penny wanting to say yes, I don't think she does or not yet, if a girl doesn't think about it then they shouldn't be with the guy.

People are reading too much into Penny wanting to say yes, I don't think she does or not yet, if a girl doesn't think about it then they shouldn't be with the guy.

you obviously don't know much about women then. Women don't fantasize about getting married with all the guys we date (unless not sane women), you only fantasize about getting married to a guy when you are in love with him (or he is really rich, or he is Robert Downey Jr, but that's another story LOL)

• Like 2

Now this was much better than the last episode :icon_cheesygrin: and much more interesting. I like the Shamy development...especially the ending :icon_lol: Oh, and during the dinner, Sheldon was a sweety :D.

As far as Leonard and Penny are concerned, I think she should have said yes.....that was a bit overreacting IMO...I mean she knows him pretty good, she should have expected something like that.

All in all it was a treat! :icon_mrgreen: Amy, you ARE a vixen!! :icon_lol:

Leonard's little marriage slip to Penny shouldn't be the focus.

like he admitted, he got caught up in wedding fever.

people need to stop speculating about Leonard & Penny.

Howard & Bernadette are the ones getting married.

Leonard's little marriage slip to Penny shouldn't be the focus.

like he admitted, he got caught up in wedding fever.

people need to stop speculating about Leonard & Penny.

Howard & Bernadette are the ones getting married.

yeah but it is still out there, that is the thing. It was a slip, is true, but things cannot "slip" if they don't exist, and the marriage idea is already running around Leonard's head.

I don't want them to get married yet though, both Leonard and Penny have A LOT of growing up to do before even start talking about it. But it's out there already so there is gonna be speculation about it.

cbolt - you're right. My guess is that all of next season has them exploring their relationship as a subplot. They wont break up I dont think, but it will be to address (or begin to address) everything going on between them.

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory, the penultimate episode of the current season, finished first in the ratings for its time slot and was the night's number #1 program in the key demographics.

"The Launch Acceleration" was watched by 13.63 million people, adding 980,000 people from last week, and scored an 8.3/14 rating in households. The show was up 6% in households and 8% in total viewers. When compared to American Idol in the shared half-hour, The Big Bang Theory finished first in total viewers and households.

In the important 18-49 demo, The Big Bang Theory scored a dominant 4.6/15 rating, up by 12% from 4.1/13 last week. The show scored a 5.8/17 among adults 25-54 and a 3.2/12 rating among adults 18-34, up 5% and 19% respectively. These were the show's best ratings since the March 29, 2012 episode. The Big Bang Theory was the night's top-rated program in adults 18-49, 25-54 and adults 18-34.

http://the-big-bang-theory.com/story/1693/Episode-523-Ratings/

Adjusted up to a 4.7/16

I was thinking in the car today, at the end of the episode, after sheldon said, "don't stop", it would have been really cool if they had moved the camera to Amy smiling - some kind of smile would say, "all part of my plan."

• Like 1

I'm not sure why were debating this obviously they're got getting and they're no where near close to of course Leonard is especially the line from the pilot(which was a little creppy by the way), but it doesn't matter they're no where near there and some of you think she over reacted(I think she reacted fine to that), of course Penny probably has thought about or she wouldn't have regretted dumping him or would she had gotten jealous of Priya, but if they're like any other sitcom couple they'll probably break up at least once more.

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than previous ones.

Sheldon was funny in the quirky way that he has traditionally been funny.

Amy was sweet in the episode I think it's all part of the SLOW but STEADY process in which Sheldon will start to show his care more and more for Amy.

Didn't care for the Penny and Leonard scenes aside from the balloon sucking part - that was funny - but the whole 'proposed too soon', 'in bed while you said it', 'i'm upset, but not really, let's make out some more and forget it ever happened' was just dumb.

On the bright side Howard... I should say Simon was very very good in this episode. I'm noticing more and more why I think he is deserving of an Emmy. That guy has a billion expressions he can project and it's gold every time.

Overall: Very Good Episode.

I was thinking in the car today, at the end of the episode, after sheldon said, "don't stop", it would have been really cool if they had moved the camera to Amy smiling - some kind of smile would say, "all part of my plan."

lool extended ending! ahaha!