The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.23 The Launch Acceleration (May 3)

How do you rate this episode?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

I managed to find an android app that features the Mario tune Sheldon sings during that scene. I giggle everytime someone messages me now :D

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Sheldon's "boing, boing" was great! :D

Do you have the name of the app? I want it !!!

Yes me too. I love you new avatar BTW :icon_cheesygrin:

ohh thanks! I was bored the other day and had Photoshop open and it came out.... Photoshop+Boredom is a dangerous combination :icon_lol:

tumblr_m4wlfpAr3s1r0znoto1_500.jpg

• Like 1

ohh thanks! I was bored the other day and had Photoshop open and it came out.... Photoshop+Boredom is a dangerous combination :icon_lol:

tumblr_m4wlfpAr3s1r0znoto1_500.jpg

It's so THEM! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

it is! Sheldon= Spock= Vulcan / Amy=tiara=Princess... it's totally there!

Bill, Chuck, there you are, the idea for next season's Halloween episode's Shamy costumes..., you're welcome LOL

Bill, Chuck, there you are, the idea for next season's Halloween episode's Shamy costumes..., you're welcome LOL

Shamy as Zaphod Beeblebrox. They have the proper number of heads. =)

Shamy as Zaphod Beeblebrox. They have the proper number of heads. =)

LOL!!! that's an better idea! I would send money to CBS to see that!

The scene where Sheldon and Leonard are playing chess and Sheldon talking about what Amy is doing to him was very good and the scene where Sheldon tells Leonard that he is in hell but then tells amy not to stop :)

The way he said slightly hunched pale shoulders was brilliantly delivered

All very amusing :)

• Like 1

even if she is a fictional character, is still portrayed by a real actress. You don't refer to Penny as "that" so you shouldn't do that with Amy either. Fictional, not fictional, still people, not a thing.,

and shoulders, is still a body part. You have to learn how to understand subtlety. Sheldon won't say "she's got a fine ass", but saying he imagines her BARE shoulders, is quite a step... for Sheldon..

BTW: LOL

tumblr_m402m1h1ML1r2ezt9o1_250.giftumblr_m402m1h1ML1r2ezt9o2_250.gif

I wonder if this is when Jim starting thinking about slapping her on the butt (later on) Did you read the taping report? HOw is this not been discussed AFTER the episode aired???

http://www.fanforum.com/62517156-post198.html

"The best moment though was hands down at the end scene and it was completely silent as they were getting ready to yell "action" and Jim just slapped Mayim on her butt really good. Everyone just burst out laughing...the audience, jim, mayim, and even on the crew because it was so unexpected and they needed a minute to stop laughing to get back into character."

• Like 1

Okay, the butt slapping thing was hilarious. But what's better is how this speculation took form in season 6 on TFGD. I wonder if there will be more bottom themed humor in the future?  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

IS there a gas that will make you voice sound like Darth Vader or Berry White?

Yes. I think the details are further back on this thread. From what I recall it is a denser than air inert gas. But the post also says the effect was simulated here.

• Like 1

I just saw this episode again. It is excellent. Amy's effort to "reprogram" Sheldon is not only entertaining it also interesting in respect to Sheldon's past attempt to "make a better Penny" (clearly a different context but nice contrast).

I read all the messages in this thread before posting.

In my opinion the entire casting for TBBT is well chosen. What a stroke of luck that Mayim was available to play Amy! What are the odds one could find someone with both experience in a sitcom and a Ph.D in neuroscience. Criticisms of the Amy character with regard to her looks are so hollow one wonders if some are simply attempting to sabotage the discussion here. Revenge for Charlie Sheen or something like that.

When I was goggling this episode I came across this site for the first time: http://physics.about.com/od/SeasonFive/fr/BBT-ep523.htm

• Like 1