The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.23 The Launch Acceleration (May 3)

How do you rate this episode?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

I'm one of the weak ones and have read it, still looking forward to the episode.

Off topic but does anyone know if CBS will continue to show reruns of the current season on Thursday nights after the season finale? I came in late and havent seen all of season 5 yet.

Yes, probably (:

I'm one of the weak ones and have read it, still looking forward to the episode.

Off topic but does anyone know if CBS will continue to show reruns of the current season on Thursday nights after the season finale? I came in late and havent seen all of season 5 yet.

Well they did last summer so they should? Does anyone know when season 5 goes sydicated?

@cbolt: I'm saying that season 5 ends like seasons 1 and 2 did. The season ends not on a high note, and not on a low note. It ends leaving the path open for season 6 without causing everybody to go into meltdown about stupid things like "did Raj actually have sex with Penny?"

And yes, I took a brief look at the taping report.

Wouldn't it be season 3 as well or do you view it as season with a OH MY GOD!!!

Just a thought to those that don't want to know anything, then why are you not only on a thread about a episode that won't air in a couple of weeks but posting as well?

Well they did last summer so they should? Does anyone know when season 5 goes sydicated?

@cbolt: I'm saying that season 5 ends like seasons 1 and 2 did. The season ends not on a high note, and not on a low note. It ends leaving the path open for season 6 without causing everybody to go into meltdown about stupid things like "did Raj actually have sex with Penny?"

And yes, I took a brief look at the taping report.

Wouldn't it be season 3 as well or do you view it as season with a OH MY GOD!!!

Just a thought to those that don't want to know anything, then why are you not only on a thread about a episode that won't air in a couple of weeks but posting as well?

I thought that the purpose of starting threads that occur in the future was so that people could speculate as to what they think might happen.

I just like the brainstorming of what people think will happen.

Even if we do end up "guessing" what happens, we won't know it.

It's not really meant for spoilers... there are spoiler threads that I don't even click on.

[sent from my SGS2 using Tapatalk]

It's not really meant for spoilers... there are spoiler threads that I don't even click on.

Exactly, a great deal of what's on this forum is speculation and observation. It's part of the fun.

Exactly, a great deal of what's on this forum is speculation and observation. It's part of the fun.

And for us spoiled ones, it's good training for keeping our mouth shut when required. :)

And for us spoiled ones, it's good training for keeping our mouth shut when required. :)

after the taping report comes out, it is

no longer speculation we all know what happens then.

thats the part that hurts, when people talk about it.:icon_frown:

"We all" don't know. Many of us haven't read the taping report. For those of us who haven't the speculation is part of the fun. For those who have, please use some common courtesy and not tell us. If we wanted to know ahead of time what was going to happen we are very capable of finding out ourselves.

I'm one of those people that can't stand the suspense and I read the taping reports all the time

I'm one of those people that can't stand the suspense and I read the taping reports all the time

I used too read them too but I've stopped now. It makes having a new episode so much better for me. :icon_cheesygrin: I may even avoid the promo this time because technically, this is also a spoiler showing the highlights.

Oh and everyone has been pretty good keeping the details to themselves.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It is your choice. All I am saying is for others to please respect the choices of those who don't choose to look at the spoilers.

To quote an episode from Season 4:

Penny: Not knowing is part of the fun.

Sheldon: "Not knowing is part of the fun," was that the motto of your community college?

:D

"We all" don't know. Many of us haven't read the taping report. For those of us who haven't the speculation is part of the fun. For those who have, please use some common courtesy and not tell us. If we wanted to know ahead of time what was going to happen we are very capable of finding out ourselves.

rick--sorry,wrong choice ("we all"). how about people who

have saw the taping report should have the courtesy not to tell us.

I have not read it in the rain. I will not read it on a plane. I have not read it in the house. I will not read it with a mouse. I want to watch, and give a damn. I will not read it Sam I Am.

A Zen Master was once asked what the best kept secret was.....

His reply was simple "The ONE never TOLD" :icon_cool:

Promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyd7X0MA2A

For outside viewers:

Oh I don't know how I feel about this I know Amy is sheldon's girlfriend but I always viewed penny making him spaghetti as something between them like Penny singing him soft kitty.

I would feel the same about Soft Kitty, that has been a special Sheldon/Penny bond. But with the spaghetti I'm okay, since Penny making it for him was just a one-time thing.

In fact it's possible that Penny set her up to this, by giving her helpful advice on what to do to make her man happy!

Promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyd7X0MA2A

For outside viewers:

Oh I don't know how I feel about this I know Amy is sheldon's girlfriend but I always viewed penny making him spaghetti as something between them like Penny singing him soft kitty.

I would feel the same about Soft Kitty, that has been a special Sheldon/Penny bond. But with the spaghetti I'm okay, since Penny making it for him was just a one-time thing.

In fact it's possible that Penny set her up to this, by giving her helpful advice on what to do to make her man happy!

Well let's hope that never happens I feel they would ruin soft kitty if that happened.

@djvang the actress that plays Amy isn't that much better looking.

ok I couldn't help myself and looked at this photo they just posted on facebook. I have to say Amy looks pretty spiffy in this uniform. very curious as to what this will be (no spoilers please)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/photos/62583/behind-the-scenes/109356

I sure hope Sheldon doesn't have some fantasy of seeing Amy dressed up like some chick from Star Trek ugh.

L/P kissing in the promo was nice. As for the spaghetti, Sheldon has stated that is one of his favorite foods along with fried chicken. Any girlfriend would make his boyfriend one of their favorite dishes. With soft kitty if S/A remain a couple throughout the rest of the series it is inevitable that Amy would sing the song to him when he is sick. Sheldon's mom sang the song to him when she was around. When Sheldon moved away Penny fell into that role because she was around. With S/A being together now it's logical that the role would be past to Amy. Now I know some fans might have a problem with soft kitty being sung by Amy but realistically she would be the one to sing it to him now because S/A spend a lot of time with each other. The writers could decide to leave it Mary and Penny because it is a TV show and not real life.

I think the only reason Amy would sing it is if Penny isn't nearby at the time, so Sheldon then calls Amy and it would seem forced if Amy did that she doesn't seem to be nuturing type and isn't like Sheldon's mother which is what Sheldon needs in a mate.

I don't know why, but I have a strangely good feeling about this episode. I can't wait. I'm all for the Shamy, whatever happens, so I'm not worried at all.

I hope my gut feeling is more right than wrong.