32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is it that Raj knows all about space flight, yet 8 episodes ago, he hadn't even heard of Buzz Aldrin?

you obviously don't know much about women then. Women don't fantasize about getting married with all the guys we date (unless not sane women), you only fantasize about getting married to a guy when yo

So Hot!

Posted Images

Oh my goooooodnesss. I loved this episode so much! I am so, so happy.

I loved everything. Writing was excellent, and everyone acted wonderfully. I loved seeing the three-dimensional chess again. The Star Trek ending was fantastic. Sheldon admitting he has affectionate feelings for Amy was a great delivery, and it was so exciting to finally hear it from his mouth!

"Leonard, I am your father." was one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.

I laughed out loud a few times. I hardly ever do that. I'm a little confused at what the proposal and Penny's "no" means for their relationship. It didn't sound light-hearted to me at all, though she did smile.

Oh, and let me just say, if I had a boyfriend and he serenaded me with a spaghetti dinner with the Super Mario Brothers theme song playing in the background, I'd be set. Forever. Bahaha. :p

Really loved this one. 

Howard - fantastic. 

Leonard and Penny - hot. 

Sheldon and Amy - utter cuteness.

This made up for the disappointing previous episode completely. 

I don''t have much to say for now. I'm going to have to watch the episode over. I'm not getting myself tangled up in the pillow talk debate. All I can say is that it wasn't the emotional scenario that I was expecting. Last week's episode trumps this one in that category. The gassy foreplay was hilarious.

Sheldon and Amy really made the show a charm tonight.

This was a good solid episode! The development of the characters was the most convincing so far - I have watched the other seasons each 5/6 times over (I often practice my guitar and have them on in the back ground) so I can't really tell (properly) how I feel about season 5 till it all comes out on DVD and I re watch it - and get to know it properly!

But the show does feel though that it is reaching some type of finale; like all the characters are reaching and end point (in a good way like season 4 pt 1 of the re made Battlestar Galactica).

Matt

Loved the whole episode. I got it on streaming from Amazon, got to watch it a second time. Probably a third time before bed tonight. I like Howard doesn't really want to go but in spite of his fears he'll go. Shows he's really got guts. Loved the scene with Bernadette's dad.

Lenny was great too. She still has a fear of commitment. Funny, that's usually the guy. But she's shown growth. She said no but she did say they're still dating. I loved the way she said no with a big kiss first.

What can you say about Shamy. Amy is definitely smarter than Sheldon. She's pushing all his buttons.

I agree with most of you. This episode was great! I loved the Shamy interactions, Amy drawing on her neurobiology expertise to weasel into Sheldon's brain (and his comment on how he was working on a physics equation and then all the particles rearranged into Amy's dandruff - I lol'ed so much xD), and Sheldon staying delightfully in character while still evolving into a human being. I think the book they were referencing came from The Benefactor Factor in Season 4. Leonard just came back to the apartment after Mrs. Latham kissed him, and Sheldon said, "Why?" and Penny said, "Okay, we can't keep explaining everything to you, read the book we gave you."

As for Howard being completely scared about going into space now, I think it's because he had to undergo insane training NASA (we all remember that episode I'm sure). Before when he was excited, that was before he knew how much physical work he had to do for preparation. He did a good job too freaking out the whole time. And yay for seeing Bernadette's dad! If I'm not mistaken, I believe we'll see her mom too. :D

I'm also a little disappointed with the big reveal about what Leonard said to Penny. I remembered lots of people on this forum speculated that he would ask her to marry him, and I thought "I hope not, that would be too stupid and predictable," so when he actually did say it, my face just kind of went deadpan. It's not fun when the reveal is so predictable, although the follow-up was funny. It's kind of nice to see at least they have matured since Leonard's "I love you" in Season 3. Penny said no, and that they're still dating, but it's weird. Her natural tendency to run away from true intimacy is slowly changing, and that's nice to see.

I haven't seen it yet, and the sad thing is I don't know when I can, because the internet is dead slow at the new place I'm in and downloading or streaming seems impossible. :(

But I do see some love for Sheldon/Amy and Sheldon-evolving in this thread. Seems like they did it right in this episode. To that I say.. I informed you thusly. :)

What shall i say ... i great episode and a totally made up for the boring last episode!

Leonard and Penny finally had chemistry again and the writers did not break them up, Amy and Sheldon were cute as always and last but not least Simon Hellberg did a great performance again :)

So all in all exactly what i wanted to see and what i expected :)

And they managed to get the story and the characters without letting the gags and the fun behind, like the last episode did.

Now i just hope that the season finale will be just as good as this one and everythings fine for me with season 5 :)

One of the better episodes this season.

Howard - greatness by himself, with Bernadette they were so cute, and him and his soon-to-be father in low, very funny.

Leonard/Penny - very cute and funny with the whole gas-can thing. I like that we got to see some of their relationship and thankfully it wasn't all about sex like their relationship in season 3. And guess what? Penny didn't get drunk in this episode! There's hope for her yet. :) Plus, I was happy to see another episode without Penny, Bernadette, Amy hanging out. I don't usually find those scenes funny so I'm glad we got to see time better spent on the plot.

Sheldon/Amy - Yeah I'm not an Amy fan but I'm glad they at least brought in some of her background to the situation. I am however, finding it a little tiring that her character keeps trying to please Sheldon so much and he seems totally uninterested. If he doesn't want to be in the relationship, then Amy should just walk away. I can't see a relationship like theirs ever going anywhere good. From the looks of it, Amy's probably going to always be bending to Sheldon's will and that's not healthy. He seems to only respect her as a scientist and not as a woman. I've noticed he's been acting this way all season and I think it's largely due to the childish behaviour the new writers are insisting he have.

With that said, I know 'healthy' relationships aren't always funny for tv but I think tonight's episode proved it can be funny. Howard and Bernadette were funny together and they're both concerned for each other. It's a pretty healthy relationship, despite the issues they had last week. I don't see why (if we have to watch her) Amy and Sheldon's relationship can't be more respectful.

Speaking of Sheldon's childish behaviour, I found the scene in the tux shop a little off. Leonard, Howard, and Raj were funny but I was put off by Sheldon there. Maybe I'm in the minority but I just found his part lame, not funny. I watched an old episode last night, from Season 2 and yeah, even though Sheldon's weird and obsessive, things have to be his own strange way, I never found him lame before. Tonight, I did. It's sad because I used to love all the scenes with him in it.

I just saw the episode, and honestly besides the Howard/Bernadette parts, I didn't like it. I'm tired of Penny and Leonard (why he thought proposing to her was a good idea idk, especially after her saying she didn't want anything weird to happen to stuff everything up again, ie when he told her he loved her).

And after watching the whole shamy 'relationship' happen, I found Amy 'experiment' to make Sheldon like her more disgusting and manipulative. If she has to condition him into liking her then it's wrong and she should just leave. No one should have to manipulated into liking someone.

Positive from me too,

Loved Howard and his future father-in-law, he was a good solid character.

Amy and Sheldon were funny, yep think Sheldon's in hell (but don't stop). (welcome back Sheldon)

Loved the balloons, very funny, I want some of that.

And who doesn't keep Purell in the car?

I agree with most of you. This episode was great! I loved the Shamy interactions, Amy drawing on her neurobiology expertise to weasel into Sheldon's brain (and his comment on how he was working on a physics equation and then all the particles rearranged into Amy's dandruff - I lol'ed so much xD), and Sheldon staying delightfully in character while still evolving into a human being. I think the book they were referencing came from The Benefactor Factor in Season 4. Leonard just came back to the apartment after Mrs. Latham kissed him, and Sheldon said, "Why?" and Penny said, "Okay, we can't keep explaining everything to you, read the book we gave you."

As for Howard being completely scared about going into space now, I think it's because he had to undergo insane training NASA (we all remember that episode I'm sure). Before when he was excited, that was before he knew how much physical work he had to do for preparation. He did a good job too freaking out the whole time. And yay for seeing Bernadette's dad! If I'm not mistaken, I believe we'll see her mom too. :D

I'm also a little disappointed with the big reveal about what Leonard said to Penny. I remembered lots of people on this forum speculated that he would ask her to marry him, and I thought "I hope not, that would be too stupid and predictable," so when he actually did say it, my face just kind of went deadpan. It's not fun when the reveal is so predictable, although the follow-up was funny. It's kind of nice to see at least they have matured since Leonard's "I love you" in Season 3. Penny said no, and that they're still dating, but it's weird. Her natural tendency to run away from true intimacy is slowly changing, and that's nice to see.

I think Penny has learned and grown from when she broke up with Leonard after he told her that he loved her. I think that she knows that as far as their relationship is concerned, Leonard tends to go overboard, but she thinks that it is worth making allowances for that and continue dating him. Instead of getting overly upset about it, she controls the situation and keeps a reign on Leonard's over enthusiasm. One other thing, I think that if the writers are going to have her willing to put up with things like that now, it's because she has strong feelings for him but is just not willing to express them at this time.

I think Amy is one smart cookie. She has been in this relationship long enough now to realize that it is not going to work the way it is. She understands sheldon better than anyone, and she has decided to move the relationship forward. Even though it seems like she is the one serving him, in reality, I feel she had the power and is the one in control of what is going to happen. And she even comes out and tells sheldon what she is doing before she does it. I love the honesty in their relationship.

I think this episode opens up so many possiblilities for shamy next season, and I feel it will be very shamy-based. As long as they continue to morph sheldon the way they did in this episode, I am ok with it, as long as he continues to seem like sheldon. In this episode, they portrayed sheldon being in conflict with himself very well. I can't wait to see what happens with these two!

I also want to add how much I enjoyed sheldon and leonard's conversation with each other. I love it when those two seem like best friends, and not irritating each other, but bonding.

• Like 2

I really liked the episode it was very good.

Shamy cute I bet Amy probablly asked Penny about the spagehetti, Sheldon trying to deny things that he loves and maybe his feelings are scaring him a little, I'm interrested in what's going to happen next season.

Leonard and Penny I agree with a previous post we all speculated about what he would say and some joked maybe he asked her to marry him and we all laughed and disgarded that thinking surely he's not that stupid and thinking maybe what he said was something small nothing big, but oh and behold during sex of all times he just blurts that out I can see why Penny would get mad it's not she's afraid of commitment(we don't know alot about her) Leonard won't let her catch up to close to his level I get that he's excited that he gets to be with Penny but he needs to stay where he is and let her move a little instead the minute she moves in the right direction he takes two gigantic steps forward, good thsheit's the agressor in the relationship because that's beneficial for both, also it's they just moved from beta test and talked to him and cautioned about basically don't do what you did last time and I couldn't believe he actually said that, but give Penny credit yes she was upset but didn't run away nor did leonard push her either do that's progress even if the end he asked her you never answered. I like their relationship this season I'm actually believing them as a couple just wished they did this the first time minus the beta test but go slow, maybe the writers learned from their mistakes the first time and if they got them back it would be better and different which it is. One last note they were going to move past beta testing and be in a relationship before Leonard screwed up and Penny said they're back to beta test, does this mean what Leonard said is like a bug you remove it and forget it ever happened.

Howard/Bernadette I'm curious Howard was so excited when he first found out he would be going into space now he doesn't not only that very excited but seems to not want to go, maybe he's just nervous and a little scared of course who wouldn't, I hope he doesn't back out though.

I agree Bazinga there's not enough episodes of them bonding, a lot of them they make fun of one another the majority and you wonder how are they friends.

I would still like to see Priya make an appearance for the purpose of getting Leonard and taking him back with her to India. I think that Penny has become somewhat complacent in her relationship with Leonard, most of which is his fault. I would like to see her worried about another women taking Leonard away from her. I would also like to see Priya being shot down by Leonard. Although at face value I thought she was a better match for Leonard then Penny, the way that she was going to return to India without telling him until the last moment, if at all, bothered me. I would like to see her realize that she made a mistake, and try to get back with Leonard only to find out that another woman realized what a great guy Leonard was and grabbed him up. I would also like to have Penny hear Leonard tell Priya not to come back to his apartment because her presence was disrespectful of Penny. A little pay back. I know, I'm being petty.

Total agreement about the Sheldon and Leonard scene. To see them talking and sharing their feelings was really enjoyable. The look on Leonard's face while Sheldon was talking about Amy's dandruff was priceless.

As for Howard and his reaction to the cancelling and then reinstatemnt of the space mission; I think they gave us an insight into how he's felt all along. Terrified. I'm thinking he never really wanted to do this but felt that he had no choice. To refuse, or back out without a good reason would make him look like a coward. He's always staked his standing among the group on him being the only one making any real world contributions to science. How could he face them if they knew he'd been offered a chance to go into space and chickened out? Now, he's stuck. It will be interesting to see what he does.

@ Rick: I like the way your Priya idea ends... :icon_twisted:

I think Penny has learned and grown from when she broke up with Leonard after he told her that he loved her. I think that she knows that as far as their relationship is concerned, Leonard tends to go overboard, but she thinks that it is worth making allowances for that and continue dating him. Instead of getting overly upset about it, she controls the situation and keeps a reign on Leonard's over enthusiasm. One other thing, I think that if the writers are going to have her willing to put up with things like that now, it's because she has strong feelings for him but is just not willing to express them at this time.

I agree with this. She hasnt said it yet and may not have realized it even but she loves Leonard deeply. I think she knows that he is going to get out of control at times and it's up to her to keep things under control. She is the emotional side to his practical side. The ying to his yang in a manner of speaking. She is getting to a place in her life that this is what she needs.

I don't think Leonard is pratical when it comes to Penny, as fir Penny I think she loves him but not in the manner he does, but if he gives her a chance instead of ruining things she just might tell me.

@rickfromillinois -- I like your idea about prya coming back. that would make a good episode and relationship development for leonard and penny

I just sat down and watched the episode again with a jar of nutella. Good Times.

I have to give a shout out here for Howard. He once again was spot on throughout the whole episode.