Open Letter to Simon Helberg

Convict13

Found this very interesting article about Simon and his role in the show, now this is old from November 2010 and it's discusses their increases in salary. It basically says that Jim should earn the most, then Johnny, Kaley and Simon should be on equal footing pay wise. I have to say I agree if you look at the amout of air time Simon has had this year, many of the stories are central to him whether it be his training or his marriage. Now I'm not that interested in their wage packets, but the concensus that Simon's character really is as important a character as Johnny's or Kaley's? I didn't post this to be controversial, but rather as a discussion point. What do other's think?. I did a search to see if this had been raised before, but didn;t see it.

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2010/11/23/an-open-letter-to-the-big-bang-theorys-simon-helberg/

Thats obscene money to make per week whether $125k or $250k. Now considering what the creators, producers and network make off the show I suppose its not out of line. Personally I dont think he is quite as key to the series as Johnny, Kaley or especially Jim and given the amount of air time he gets his pay should be closer to the others but maybe not exactly the same.

Jim Parsons by FAR deserves the most money out of all the actors on the show.

I think it would be fair for Johnny, Kaley, Simon and Kunal to make the same amount because while they don't have a big role in every episode they have had episode where they are main focus.

But Jim is in every single episode and he probably has 10X the lines the other actors have and they are very complicated. I'm guessing the creators don't want to create any tension between the main actors by giving one more than the other but really, Jim does so much more than the other guys in terms of verbal memorization and physical comedy.

I'm not really trying to say the others aren't worth anything, because they are but there is a reason Jim got the Emmy twice and not the rest of them.

Jim Parsons by FAR deserves the most money out of all the actors on the show.

I think it would be fair for Johnny, Kaley, Simon and Kunal to make the same amount because while they don't have a big role in every episode they have had episode where they are main focus.

But Jim is in every single episode and he probably has 10X the lines the other actors have and they are very complicated. I'm guessing the creators don't want to create any tension between the main actors by giving one more than the other but really, Jim does so much more than the other guys in terms of verbal memorization and physical comedy.

I'm not really trying to say the others aren't worth anything, because they are but there is a reason Jim got the Emmy twice and not the rest of them.

Plus so much of the story lines are the other actors reacting to sheldon. sheldon provides the majority of the humor in this show.

This 'letter' was nothing more than some journalist trying to manufacture dissent between the actors on TBBT. Fortunately, the cast have all handled their personal financial situations privately and with class. This has benefited them all and will continue to do so.

• 1 month later...

Ok whoever wrote the article is on the money! Simon should at least be getting equal to Jonny an kaley, I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again, Howard has more value to the show than penny and Jonny (I seriously don't care who agrees with me on this.truth).

He is way under paid, if he wasn't in the show I don't think I'd like it half as much.

This season, and here in the uk we still have 1 ep to go, I think Simon has by far out-shown the others! I am a HUGE Jim Parsons fan, but Simon has been the star this season in my humble opinion.

x

I have to agree with you on this.

For me personally I wish Penny and Leonard had less screen time. Lol