The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rhys_Sutherland

is How I Met Your Mother any good ?

standard american rom-com. depends what you are into. Rarely get a laugh out out of it myself.

I would be watching it more to be able to look at those 2 georgeous women for half an hour.

The only reason worth watching is NPH.

All the other characters are dull and I personally feel they have no substance.

I watched it for the very first time the other night because my sister was watching it and I didn't laugh once.

I have just started watching this as it is scheduled just before TBBT on British TV. I am enjoing it but I do agree that the Ted character is a bit creepy. I like Barney and Lily and Marshall but the Robin character leaves me a bit cold even though she has five lovely dogs.

• Like 1

i watch on fx (new york) in reruns.

like nph he was great in doogie howser.

i love how i met your mother, its my new love after friends finished

Ted is such a sweetheart, i really want him to end up with robin (though i really dont see that happening as shes obviously not his kids mother)

yeh its a good show but as everyone mentioned, its very typical - so i wouldn't watch it if you want to see somethin original.

Ted was creepy at first but he gets better later on, I think he's a sweet guy - just wants to find his woman.

I don't understand the hype about NPH, I didn't find him funny at all. He goes overboard and his character sleeps with way too many women. (SPOILER :200 by season 4) How does that guy not have STDs?

But his character is very cute with Robin.

I haven't seen it yet but I heard from my friends that it was great. However, I'm not going to watch it because they keep comparing Neil Patrick Harris and Jim Parsons and I hate that but I'm not against Neil Patrick Harris.

people compare NPH and Jim Parsons? Thats really strange... they are VERY different.

NPH is not even close to being as funny as Jim Parsons.

• Like 1

local FOX channel has been showing this 6 episodes per week

-and I'm totally hooked!

The series is now where ted was dumbed by robin for real, and we have found out that robin is not the mother (she is aunt to the future kids of ted...)

I'm very keen to see who the real mother in the title will turn out to be!

But apart from that, the show is outrageously funny and original!

My personal opinion:The show wouldn`t be funny without Neil Patrick Harris. He´s the best.

I´ve watched some episodes. Its a nice show but not awesome IMO.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose

I love NPH but my personal favourite character is Marshall. I don't know what it is, just the way he describes things that are important to him always gets a chuckle out of me. Barney is cool too, Ted only makes me laugh when he's not being sappy and lovesick which I find mildly irritating (unless the others are making fun of him for it). HIMYM is much more drama based than TBBT though, which is why I probably don't get as many laughs out of it.

It has its moments of not being great but last night was excellent so I'm not complaining.  Ive been a fan for a while too.  Only 9 more episodes before the show ends though. :(

Did anyone watch HIMYM on 01/27/14?

It was all about the mother and it was a good episode.  

Anyone?  

• Like 1

I did.  I loved all the callbacks, the explanation for leaving the umbrella, being in that class, all of it.   Everything was just fantastic last night.  

• Like 1

It was a pretty good episode! It was weird taking a break from most of the main cast, but since it was a special episode I can see why they wanted to switch things up. HIMYM is getting quite serious now. Very interesting indeed :)

• Like 1

I watched it as well. I've always really liked the show and I'm loving its final season. The mother episode yesterday was really good, the way it tied together her part in the story. I got so sad last week watching Lily and Marshall fight. I know they wil be fine, but it still was sad.

HIMYM is a great show its no Friends, you cannot really compare to Friends though its a timeless classic. Friends really redefined comedy and spawned HIMYM and TBBT. I do really like HIMYM though, its more Dramadey though, it compromises on its comedy too much Friends never did that nor BBT. It has a ton more backstories and cutaways then BBT, but thats because its a different type show. I don't know it doesent have very good ratings though, but I can see why the ratings are low it lacks a certain quality if that makes sense. Marshall though is my favorite character of HIMYM, Ted is too contrived too me, a guy in his 20's looking for love e.t.c. I find it''s best to a range of likes, I love TBBT but I also really like HIMYM, its more fun that way.

• Like 1