Casts summer Haitus plans

Convict13

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/161345/meet-jim-parsons-his-invisible-rabbit-the-broadway-cast-of-harvey/

here's a picture of jim from april 20 and it says the rehearsals have already started for harvey. man, he just barely had a chance to breathe after finishing up TBBT. he is going to be a busy man this summer. I would hate to not see him at comic con, but i think it might be better for him if he didn't make it.

I agree.

I just checked that Comic Con is from 12 to 15 July. According to Broadway.com, Harvey has shows all through that period, at 8 pm on 12/13, 2 pm and 8 pm on 14 and 2 pm on 15. Given that he's the lead actor and is probably under contract to perform throughout the showing, I think it would be physically impossible for him to find the time to fly down to California for Comic Con.

Well given that schedule I doubt he'd fly clear across the country to California for Comic Con just to be there for a couple hours(or however long it would be) to answer a few questions and then fly back clear across the country to New York, it's safe to say he probably won't be attending this year.

Yes. :( It's sad, but I don't think he has a choice.

... wouldn't it be cool if everyone was convinced he wasn't going and he just turned up? :icon_cheesygrin: (I know I know)

That would be such a delightful surprise!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could Skype perhaps?

That is a definite possibility.

The problem is that a lot of TBBT fans that are going to Comic Con don't necessarily surf the net so they figure Jim will be there because he and the other cast members have appeared at all 4 TBBT Comic Con events. Plus you have to register to get tickets to Comic Con at least 4 to 5 months in advance as they are already sold out for 2012. So, TBBT fans have already committed to the event. Since Jim and his character are the most popular among the fan base there will be some disappointed and upset fans if he's not there.

If Jim is not there physically or via video connection during the TBBT panel event I will not be surprised if someone in the audience asks why he couldn't be there.

I believe Johnny will be filming a movie in June with his girlfriend in Florida.

I haven't heard anything for Kaley but I imagine she will be filming in a movie this summer. She has done at least one movie during the summer hiatus's since TBBT began.

Howard will be welcoming a daughter into his family so I don't know if he will be doing anything big this summer.

I imagine Raj will film something at the least in India.

Kaley and her sister are going to an upscale resort in the near. Later, her boyfriend is taking her to Hawaii to meet his family. No idea if she is shooting anything this summer.

Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if I bought tickets for harvey and it ended up being an understudy. the only reason poople are going is to see jim. I still wish I could go!

There is no way you can ever be certain with a Broadway play. There are more shows in a week than anyone would want to do, so there is always a chance you will miss seeing the star.

He could Skype perhaps?

I like this suggestion! If only they manage to do that. Does anyone know which specific day the TBBT panel is? 15 July seems to be the only evening he has off from Harvey.

There is no way you can ever be certain with a Broadway play. There are more shows in a week than anyone would want to do, so there is always a chance you will miss seeing the star.

Is that how it works? I remember that for TNH the cast were doing all the shows themselves, as far as I heard. But of course TNH was a special play, so I don't know if that's the general system on Broadway. Is it usual to use understudies?

He could Skype perhaps?

I like this suggestion! If only they manage to do that. Does anyone know which specific day the TBBT panel is? 15 July seems to be the only evening he has off from Harvey.

Is that how it works? I remember that for TNH the cast were doing all the shows themselves, as far as I heard. But of course TNH was a special play, so I don't know if that's the general system on Broadway. Is it usual to use understudies?

I would think for a short run play, like Harvey is, that Jim will do all performances, unless he can't for illness etc, or unless a specific performance is already marked as an understudy performance (sometimes they are and are cheaper because of it).

I would think for a short run play, like Harvey is, that Jim will do all performances, unless he can't for illness etc, or unless a specific performance is already marked as an understudy performance (sometimes they are and are cheaper because of it).

My first reaction to this was to go to broadway.com and check if any of the 12 - 15 July shows are marked as an understudy performance. No luck.

Well the ones that are going because of Jim are just going to have to be disappointed not sure if they can get their money back now, I doubt Skype would take away the disappointment of not seeing Jim.

I doubt he'd look bad to the others, they know what his summer will be like.

I wasn't clear. I meant to fans, not the actors!

Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if I bought tickets for harvey and it ended up being an understudy. the only reason poople are going is to see jim. I still wish I could go!

Exactly. I bought my tickets to see Harvey already and I'd be pretty pissed off if it wasn't him.

I'm also going to Comic Con, so I guess I shouldn't complain since I'll probably see him at one or the other. Still.

I'm sure they have already ironed out the details of this, we just don't know what's going on yet.

Exactly. I bought my tickets to see Harvey already and I'd be pretty pissed off if it wasn't him.

I'm also going to Comic Con, so I guess I shouldn't complain since I'll probably see him at one or the other. Still.

Just keep in mind the old adage.. there are always people in the world more disadvantaged than you. :icon_cry: So look on the bright side!

He could Skype perhaps?

Yes it is usual. Remember it's Broadway. An understudy would be a star in some other venue. The usual practice is to rotate which shows each performer does. That makes it a crap shoot whether any show will have the star.

I'm sure they have already ironed out the details of this, we just don't know what's going on yet.

How sad would it be if you get the understudy and he doesn't even skype at Comic Con. :(, but I am sure you will get to see him perform, I just have a feeling that he would do every show unless he was ill, hardworking is a word you read a lot when they discuss Jim.

How sad would it be if you get the understudy and he doesn't even skype at Comic Con. :(, but I am sure you will get to see him perform, I just have a feeling that he would do every show unless he was ill, hardworking is a word you read a lot when they discuss Jim.

I'm sure he plans to do all shows himself. It's not like he's working on 3 other plays at the same time, and being on Broadway is one of his dreams.

I'm sure he plans to do all shows himself. It's not like he's working on 3 other plays at the same time, and being on Broadway is one of his dreams.

Exactly I think he would have to be really really ill to not do a performance. Yep I think if he attends Comic-Con, it will only be via Skype.

• 2 weeks later...

What a bust. Saw this on the Mayim page.

kslJR.png

Ah as we thought. It is strange that CBS or whomever let Jim not attend, surely it would be part of their contract. There is a mention of perhaps 2 not attending? Simon maybe? New baby and all.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Johnny is gonna be making a movie http://michaelmaren.com/2012/04/naming-names/ where he is one of the leads, so it could be Johnny.

Mayim mentioned that she is gonna be flying to NY during the summer to see Jim on Harvey, but I don't think she'll do it during ComicCon

With Jim's Harvey schedule it would be amazing if he makes it. He's the headliner, so if he doesn't appear in the show the ticket buyers are entitled to a refund.

Just read that Steve Molaro and Johnny are doing a USO tour in Japan, May 4-12. As a retired soldier, I want to say 'thank you' to both of them. You are much appreciated!

With Jim's Harvey schedule it would be amazing if he makes it. He's the headliner, so if he doesn't appear in the show the ticket buyers are entitled to a refund.

Is that true? I didn't know that was a thing.

Jim won't miss Harvey shows. And... that's okay. He loves what he's doing.