should any the cast have a spin off

Rhys_Sutherland

I'm not a big fan of spin offs myself but I'll play...

Amy could do a spin off, but I don't think Jim would. He has said he can't see himself playing Sheldon at 50. I imagine he'll be done inside of 5 years and want to do other things. So if Amy and Sheldon become the power couple I suspect they are going to become, I can't see a spin off, unless he made the occasional appearance.

Howard and Bernadette could have a spin off though. With a hoard of kids, all living with Howard's mother. That might work. Same goes for Penny and Leonard, it depends on their relationship.

Another topic: How many more seasons do you predict TBBT will run?

howard/bernadette-is the best choice,

if the marriage is going on.

leonard/penny-that is tough call.

kaley would love to do it.

10 seasons (more 3 after next 2 are done).

jim is the key to how many there will be.

Spin-offs are very rarely any good and IF they did consider a Big Bang Theory spin-off I honestly think it would be better to use a side character and not one of the main ones.

Stuart from the comic book store is pretty funny, they could focus a show on him and his trials and tribulations. They would probably need the main Big Bang Theory cast to do fairly often cameos as they frequent the store but they could also have more time to develop the other characters like Captain Sweatpants and Lonely Larry you see in the background at the comic book store.

Isn't a spin-off generally defined as something done by supporting characters on the original show? If so, then Jim (or Johnny/Kaley) doing a spin-off doesn't make sense, because theirs are the main stories on TBBT.

I'm hoping it will last at least 8 seasons. And not more than 10.

Spin-offs are very rarely any good and IF they did consider a Big Bang Theory spin-off I honestly think it would be better to use a side character and not one of the main ones.

Stuart form the comic book store is pretty funny, they could focus a show on him and his trials and tribulations. They would probably need the main Big Bang Theory cast to do fairly often cameos as they frequent the store but they could also have more time to develop the other characters like Captain Sweatpants and Lonely Larry you see in the background at the comic book store.

I would watch that.

@ Pomita

Um, Joey did a spin off after Friends. Never saw it, but I heard it wasn't good. But I agree I can not see the main three doing this.

Stuart form the comic book store is pretty funny, they could focus a show on him and his trials and tribulations. They would probably need the main Big Bang Theory cast to do fairly often cameos as they frequent the store but they could also have more time to develop the other characters like Captain Sweatpants and Lonely Larry you see in the background at the comic book store.

I would watch that.

@ Pomita

Um, Joey did a spin off after Friends. Never saw it, but I heard it wasn't good. But I agree I can not see the main three doing this.

Thanks for the info.

The Stuart idea actually sounds interesting.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I watch a spin-off of Stuart running the comic book store. I'd like to see more of his assistant Dale and the other weirdos that frequent there like Capt sweatpants and lonely larry.

But, I can also imagine it as just a special episode of BBT that starts off with Stuart and is told from his perspective and how hard it is for him trying to run a store in this economy that sales things most people now just buy only and then we see TBBT main guys come into the store for only four mins of the entire episode towards the end and suddenly realize why Stuart acts the way he does around them.

But in order for a spin off like that to work I guarantee most fans would be clamoring for Sheldon to make multiple appearances, so that would be up to Jim not sure if he'd want to do that or if he rather do something else after TBBT ends.