What games are you playing right now?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just rediscovered Sims 2, I love controlling their lives.

Do you take the ladders away?

Tomb Raider Legend is a great game! Yeah it looks ropey as hell but its fun and has a decent story. As for me, I just finished Lego Batman 2.

Posted Images

How many Final Fantasy games are there? A million?

I've taken this from Wikipedia...

Main series[edit source | editbeta]
Timeline of release years
1987 – – Final Fantasy
1988 – – Final Fantasy II
1989 –
1990 – – Final Fantasy III
1991 – – Final Fantasy IV
1992 – – Final Fantasy V
1993 –
1994 – – Final Fantasy VI
1995 –
1996 –
1997 – – Final Fantasy VII
1998 –
1999 – – Final Fantasy VIII
2000 – – Final Fantasy IX
2001 – – Final Fantasy X
2002 – – Final Fantasy XI
2003 –
2004 –
2005 –
2006 – – Final Fantasy XII
2007 –
2008 –
2009 – – Final Fantasy XIII
2010 – – Final Fantasy XIV

Three Final Fantasy installments were released on the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). Final Fantasy was released in Japan in 1987 and in North America in 1990.[3][4] It introduced many concepts to the console RPG genre, and has since been remade on several platforms.[4] Final Fantasy II, released in 1988 in Japan, has been bundled with Final Fantasy in several re-releases.[4][5][6] The last of the NES installments, Final Fantasy III, was released in Japan in 1990;[7] however, it was not released elsewhere until a Nintendo DS remake in 2006.[6]

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) also featured three installments of the main series, all of which have been re-released on several platforms. Final Fantasy IV was released in 1991; in North America, it was released as Final Fantasy II.[8][9] It introduced the "Active Time Battle" system.[10] Final Fantasy V, released in 1992 in Japan, was the first game in the series to spawn a sequel: a short anime series titled Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals.[4][11][12] Final Fantasy VI was released in Japan in 1994, but it was titled Final Fantasy III in North America.[13]

The PlayStation console saw the release of three main Final Fantasy games. The 1997 title Final Fantasy VII moved away from the two-dimensional (2D) graphics used in the first six games to three-dimensional (3D) computer graphics; the game features polygonal characters on pre-rendered backgrounds. It also introduced a more modern setting, a style that was carried over to the next game.[4] It was also the first in the series to be released in Europe. The eighth installment was published in 1999, and was the first to consistently use realistically proportioned characters and feature a vocal piece as its theme music.[4][14] Final Fantasy IX, released in 2000, returned to the series' roots by revisiting a more traditional Final Fantasy setting rather than the more modern worlds of VII and VIII.[4][15]

Three main installments, including one online game, were published for the PlayStation 2 (PS2).[16][17][18] The 2001 title Final Fantasy X introduced full 3D areas and voice acting to the series, and was the first to spawn a direct video game sequel (Final Fantasy X-2).[19][20] The first massive multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG) in the series, Final Fantasy XI, was released on the PS2 and PC in 2002, and later on the Xbox 360.[21][22] It introduced real-time battles instead of random encounters.[22] The twelfth installment, published in 2006, also includes real-time battles in large, interconnected playfields.[23][24] The game is also the first in the main series to utilize a world used in another game, namely the land of Ivalice previously used in Vagrant Story.[25]

In 2009, Final Fantasy XIII was released in Japan, and in North America and Europe the following year.[26][27] It is the flagship installment of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy series[28] and became the first mainline game to spawn two direct sequels (XIII-2 and Lightning Returns). Final Fantasy XIV, an MMORPG, was released worldwide on Microsoft Windows in 2010, with an updated re-release for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 3, titled A Realm Reborn, to follow in 2013, which is said to correct the extensive faults found in the original.[29] At E3 2013, Final Fantasy XV (originally a spin-off titled Versus XIII) was officially unveiled as an upcoming title for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.[30] Like XIII before it, XV is part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, although in many other respects the game stands on its own.[31]

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

My fondest memory of playing Final Fantasy I, back in the 90's, with my sister... our copy was deffective and we couldn't save, so we had to keep playing without turning off the console. We would play in turns and always leave a piece of paper saying "DO NOT TURN OFF, MOM". Needless to say, my mom ignored the sign, TWICE, the last one when we were almost finished :(

We eventually made it, after about two weeks of constantly playing, we finished it, but lost at the final batte :(

We took a picture that I scanned a while ago, here it is (yes, I changed the names of the Characters, and we always kept those whenever the game would allow to change the name, FFVII included.

13731_1288261928769_6194504_n.jpg

After a couple of years, me and my group of friends, we all loved FF, so we would always get together to play and what we would do is each of us would buy one title and then we would lend it amongst each other, so we could play all of them but buying just one. We did that until FFVII, after that one we all had jobs so we started buying our own, but even then, we always get together when one of us reaches the final. On Saturday all my friends and my sister came to my house to see the final of FFXIII I was playing.

I've only played through B3 a few times. I really enjoyed the jet sequence, and the tank sequence, but always have problems defeating Solomon in simple fist fights. I'm still addicted to Sniper Elite V2, I enjoy the sneaky, planning ahead, laying traps, and Zen aspects of being a sniper.

• Like 1

I've only played through B3 a few times. I really enjoyed the jet sequence, and the tank sequence, but always have problems defeating Solomon in simple fist fights. I'm still addicted to Sniper Elite V2, I enjoy the sneaky, planning ahead, laying traps, and Zen aspects of being a sniper.

I play BF3 online every night, it's a great game, and I've also got Sniper Elite V2, brilliant game, I love the way you follow the bullet and see it hit a major organ like an x-ray, and I prefer the sneaking about rather than running around like a headless chicken like people do online in MW3.

During this summer : COD MW3 and Dead Space 3 on PS3 ( and I'm dying to try the "Last of us" ) and the Sims 3 on PC. I give a try to Civilization V but ... no, strategy games are not for me and i'm not for them at all :/

I play BF3 online every night, it's a great game, and I've also got Sniper Elite V2, brilliant game, I love the way you follow the bullet and see it hit a major organ like an x-ray, and I prefer the sneaking about rather than running around like a headless chicken like people do online in MW3.

Yes, that bullet cam is amazing, you get to really see what a sniper bullet can do. I like the idea that we can rewrite history as well, like killing Hitler. My grandfather was in that war, I wonder what he'd make of us playing it, as a game!

During this summer : COD MW3 and Dead Space 3 on PS3 ( and I'm dying to try the "Last of us" ) and the Sims 3 on PC. I give a try to Civilization V but ... no, strategy games are not for me and i'm not for them at all :/

The Last Of Us is AWESOME! That takes a lot for me to say, because in general, I'm extremely critical of video games and haven't been impressed with hardly anything the last couple of generations.

• 3 years later...

A lot of Overwatch at the moment as I am trying to get back into Gold as a support main, solo queue style so not easy. Also started a new Fallout 4 playthrough :)

• 1 month later...

I'm now playing the Uncharted series, the remaster for the PS4.  I know, I know, I'm late to the party on this.  But I just bought a PS4, since I needed a streaming device, and a blue ray player, as I'm in the process of getting rid of my cable.  

On 7/25/2017 at 11:15 PM, Tensor said:

I'm now playing the Uncharted series, the remaster for the PS4.  I know, I know, I'm late to the party on this.  But I just bought a PS4, since I needed a streaming device, and a blue ray player, as I'm in the process of getting rid of my cable.  

Haven't played it myself as I don't have a PS4 but I have heard rave reviews about it :) 

Enjoying it so far?

Yes, I am.  It's more puzzle based, than shoot-em up, which I like.  I also played Call of Duty on my desktop, but I can see that control will be easier on the console. Also, the graphics are gorgeous. I know it's been remastered for the PS4, but still, for a 5-6 year old game, there really great.  Looking forward to Uncharted 4, when I get through the first three. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...