Your hopes and dreams for Season 6

Except this show is nothing like Friends if you feel this way stop watching or quit complaining do one of these.

"Stop watching or quit complaining". Sounds like a demand. You must have a different definition. What do you call it?

They have as much right here to post their opinions as you do. Nobody makes you read it or reply. But you have no right to tell them to stop posting their thoughts or opinions.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And your point is? Of course, other than being offensive. Luckily I deal with students all the time that think they know a lot more than they do so I'll address what I perceive as your point.

Does anyone know when a likely "extension" to series 8 and 9 would take place? At the beginning of season 6 or 7?

I know that they've definitely signed for 6 & 7. I haven't read anything about an 8th season.

I would assume they would have signed on for that by now if it was going to happen.

Seasons 6 & 7 got announced when ? End of season 3/ start of season 4 iirc ?

Seasons 5, 6 and 7 got announced together in January 2011, i.e. mid-season 4. So if 8/9 happens, I don't think we'll know about it till the end of season 6 at least.

Well judging by the comments at the 100 episode party they said they feel they're just getting started.

Raj should get a girlfriend...it's lame like this :)

The shamy is nice and also Howard and Bernie should marry.

New things in the Leonard/Penny relationship....like going on a trip or...

More of the geky nerdy stuff between the guys and Penny

What do you mean like going on a trip or...

I mean like doing something interesting outside the appartment.

Get Penny a job in show business but not acting, something behind the scenes. I was thinking wardrobe consultant would be nice. Have an episode where she has to shop so much for a show that she actually begins to hate shoes. You could also have the guys try to come up with various ways to make her job easier while actually making it more difficult.

Raj being forced to teach a class would be cool, you could have an episode where if he does not teach the class he will be fired. And then have the class be 85% female. It would be hilarious seeing the different solutions the guys come up with. Within a couple of episodes cure his selective mutism.

Have Missy move into the apartment building, attend UCLA and work part time at the comic book store. She brings the hot girl back into the show, if you are going to tie Penny to Leonard then you need to have some unattached female in the crew. Plus she can be a great foe for Sheldon, as well as try to help him understand society. Live in apartment 4C

Cancel Shammy - free up those characters.

4 Guys (Geeks) and 1 Hot Neighor

Now

4 Guys, 3 Women where there are 3 romantic relationships which leave only One guy who can't talk to women. And no Single Female character.

Changed to

4 Guys, 4 Women, 2 relationships (Howard/Bernadette) (Leonard/Penny) with 2 single guys and 2 single women

Except this show is nothing like Friends if you feel this way stop watching or quit complaining do one of these.

"Stop watching or quit complaining". Sounds like a demand. You must have a different definition. What do you call it?

They have as much right here to post their opinions as you do. Nobody makes you read it or reply. But you have no right to tell them to stop posting their thoughts or opinions.

It was a suggestion not a demand, and yes there is a difference, I like where the show is going it's evolving, and if anyone is this dissatisfied then why are the watching much less on a forum.

@MoonPie they have already.

@JustSimple just because Penny isn't available does take away from her being hot and where's the two single female? I get the two single guys(raj and Sheldon) and the single female Missy I can't see her working at a comic book store maybe part time student/model, so who's the other

Isn't the purpose of this forum to express our opinions?

It was a suggestion not a demand, and yes there is a difference, I like where the show is going it's evolving, and if anyone is this dissatisfied then why are the watching much less on a forum.

So if we don't like the way the show is going we should just shut up? Suppose they dumped Amy. Would you sit there silently, stop watching and leave the forum?

What do I want from next season?

I want to be ENTERTAINED! I want tons of laugh-out-loud funny moments, and I want PASSION from the characters and the show.

I'm getting bored. I started watching this season, and it was spectacular - but the writers must be very careful not to lose momentum. Great shows come when expectations are turned on its head. I hope the writers come up with some fantastic plots next season. If it's more of the same 'ol, same 'ol, I'll lose interest. Surprise me! :icon_cheesygrin:

(i'm getting bored)--did you not have tickets

to a live taping in april?

travel to l.a. to be bored.to bad you got sick

and did not go.

(i'm getting bored)--did you not have tickets

to a live taping in april?

travel to l.a. to be bored.to bad you got sick

and did not go.

Yeah, I get bored easily. I got kind of disappointed in the last couple of episodes, not as funny as I expected them to be. Especially the Stag Party was a letdown. There's so little time, and there're so many shows on TV, the show truly has to be spectacular to keep my interest. :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm still pissed that I missed the live taping! :icon_evil: That was once in a lifetime thing. And it was a Sheldon centric episode, too! Grrrrr! So sad. :icon_cry:

And I'm also a bit disappointed in the human nature - the girl to whom I passed along my ticket promised to tell me all about the taping, but of course she never wrote a word afterwards. That just shows you, when you do kind things to strangers, never expect any kindness in return. Oh, well. :icon_lol:

So if we don't like the way the show is going we should just shut up? Suppose they dumped Amy. Would you sit there silently, stop watching and leave the forum?

For one I like the show pre Amy and two I'm not a big Amy fan so if she left I wouldn't notice and if someone is that upset coming on here isn't going to change the show it's not like the Producers come on here and if the person is that upset with the show send a letter or send a tweet and if the show isn't going where you like then find a new show to watch, but if I felt half as some people on here do I'd stop watching.

For one I like the show pre Amy and two I'm not a big Amy fan so if she left I wouldn't notice and if someone is that upset coming on here isn't going to change the show it's not like the Producers come on here and if the person is that upset with the show send a letter or send a tweet and if the show isn't going where you like then find a new show to watch, but if I felt half as some people on here do I'd stop watching.

Commas are our friends.

Well I find it fascaiting that people if the feel the show isn't good anymore then they shouldn't watch, no one is making them turn on to CBS on Thursday night at 8et and by the way I didn't demand anything.

Well, this is a TBBT fansite. Everyone has the right to post their opinion .

I am one of the many that believe the show has been going downhill since the halfway point of 4th season.

The show used to be great when it was just the 4 geeks and the hot neighbour, but yes..at some point the show had to move on BUT that doesn't mean they can change the nature of characters e.g Sheldon, what happened to his robot-ness ? He is not funny now, his hair, clothes, everything is just not fitting in.

Raj's mutism? isnt it weird that he is drinking all the time?

What happened to the science? the video games? comic books ?

One of my wishes for the 6th season is that Leonard and Penny break up again , Amy leaves town, Bernadette starts dating Raj. Yes I know its crazy but thats the only way they can make this show interesting. Howard can be a disgusting pervert again, Sheldon can go back to being him and Penny starts dating Zack.

@ShellyBean that might make it interesting but by having Raj and Bernadtte date would ruin Howard and Raj's friendship, I'm not sure people are a fan of the old Howard, I'm not a fan of Penny with Leonard but why to people say break them up it's automatically with someone like Zack, she did say he ruined her for dumb guys why not have her date a smart guy.

Another thing I don't feel most people see the show going down hill or isn't as funny, I feel it isn't far fetched that some of the ones that are complaining are real life nerds and there's finally a show about nerds and they can't get a girl to save their life and I'm not talking about getting a real life Penny either, and now the guys on the show have girlfriends and it's too much for some to take.

@ShellyBean that might make it interesting but by having Raj and Bernadtte date would ruin Howard and Raj's friendship, I'm not sure people are a fan of the old Howard, I'm not a fan of Penny with Leonard but why to people say break them up it's automatically with someone like Zack, she did say he ruined her for dumb guys why not have her date a smart guy.

Another thing I don't feel most people see the show going down hill or isn't as funny, I feel it isn't far fetched that some of the ones that are complaining are real life nerds and there's finally a show about nerds and they can't get a girl to save their life and I'm not talking about getting a real life Penny either, and now the guys on the show have girlfriends and it's too much for some to take.

Well, you have nerds, then you have your PhD having top of their field in the world scientists. The guys on the show aren't your typical nerds.

No the typical nerd is a guy like Stuart, even if they have nerd quailities the fact they're top of their field would attract females even if fellow scientists.

Wow, that's quite an ASSumption on your part. Why does it trouble you so much that many, many people think the show is going downhill and isn't as funny? Is it that you just can't stand it when people express opinions that you disagree with? When we say the show isn't as funny anymore it's because we really believe that the show isn't as funny anymore. It's our opinion. Deal with it.

even if they have nerd quailities the fact they're top of their field would attract females even if fellow scientists.

Not all of the characters are TOP of their field. Leonard isn't (according to his mom and compared to his siblings), and given that Raj almost got deported, it doesn't look like he's one of the top scientists in his field either.

Sheldon and Howard are recognized in the show as top of the field - Howard is going into space, and Sheldon had won awards, recognition from Hawkings, grant to go to the North Pole, grant to hire help, and, as per the Dean, the university board keeps him for his brilliance despite of his insane idiosincracies and being a crazy pain in the butt.

As for the nerds in general, there're two types of nerds -

1) a successful nerd, quite accomplished in a chosen professional field (such as all characters, even though not all of them are top),

and

2) a loser-nerd (either no accomplishments, or accomlishments not in line with initial starting point - i.e., can be both objective and subjective).

The viewers of the show come from both varieties. It would be interesting to figure out if there's any meaningful correlation to which category tends to sympathize with which character. I doubt however that anyone will willingly admit himself a loser. :icon_cheesygrin:

Wow, that's quite an ASSumption on your part. Why does it trouble you so much that many, many people think the show is going downhill and isn't as funny? Is it that you just can't stand it when people express opinions that you disagree with? When we say the show isn't as funny anymore it's because we really believe that the show isn't as funny anymore. It's our opinion. Deal with it.

What a MORONic thing to say, for one the complainers are obviously a very small percentage if you look at the ratings and I can understand if someone doesn't like this episode or that one but it's becoming a let's bitch about TBBT all I'm saying if it troubles anyone where the show is going in their opinion then why are they still watching it anymore if it displeases them that much.

What a MORONic thing to say, for one the complainers are obviously a very small percentage if you look at the ratings and I can understand if someone doesn't like this episode or that one but it's becoming a let's bitch about TBBT all I'm saying if it troubles anyone where the show is going in their opinion then why are they still watching it anymore if it displeases them that much.

So those who are troubled with where the show is going should just shut up and stop watching? That's really your response? The show hasn't reached the point yet (as it did with Two and a Half Men) that I'm going to stop watching it. It's because we like the show that we're concerned with where it's going and are voicing our opinion. Why is that so hard for you to grasp. Should criticism of the show be banned on this forum? If you don't like to read opinions you disagree with maybe it's you who should leave. Grow up.

So those who are troubled with where the show is going should just shut up and stop watching? That's really your response? The show hasn't reached the point yet (as it did with Two and a Half Men) that I'm going to stop watching it. It's because we like the show that we're concerned with where it's going and are voicing our opinion. Why is that so hard for you to grasp. Should criticism of the show be banned on this forum? If you don't like to read opinions you disagree with maybe it's you who should leave. Grow up.

Maybe I should go slower you're not grasping it, as for the comment about two and a half men judging by some comments I would think it has, now I'm not saying to sit and do nothing if you're that "concerned" mail chuck or bill a letter, it's just the complaints are from the same people about how the show isn't the same( for one what show isn't different from season 1 to 5), they might as well just copy and paste the same comments, there's one thing to voice your concerns but all a forum is is to vent to, now the show is evolving now some may accept it and enjoy while others can put their heads in the ground, but it's happening so people must not be that upset to continue to watch.

Maybe I should go slower you're not grasping it, as for the comment about two and a half men judging by some comments I would think it has, now I'm not saying to sit and do nothing if you're that "concerned" mail chuck or bill a letter, it's just the complaints are from the same people about how the show isn't the same( for one what show isn't different from season 1 to 5), they might as well just copy and paste the same comments, there's one thing to voice your concerns but all a forum is is to vent to, now the show is evolving now some may accept it and enjoy while others can put their heads in the ground, but it's happening so people must not be that upset to continue to watch.

And those who like how the show is changing are the same people, they might as well just copy and paste the same comments. Same principle except I'm not telling those people to shut up and leave. If you dont like my opinions, don't read them. Pretty simple for adults to handle.

Djvang for the last time it was a suggestion if I told you something you'd know it.

Wow, I'm scared. But whether you like it or not I'll keep posting my opinions. If you don't like them, too bad. Move on buddy.

Djvang and if you don't like it don't watch, now I was responding to an earlier post about how the person wanted the show to get rid of the relationships, that's like a sandwhich without the meat and just the bread and mayo.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Here comes the long wait for season 6 :(

My new wishlist for next season

- Raj gets a girlfriend, maybe a girl with selective mutism ?

- Sheldon learns to drive.(maybe an ep. where he gets into an accident xD )

- NO MORE WEDDINGS, I don't want to see Leonard proposing to Penny or anything like that, its just not funny anymore. We are going into the 6th season.

- Howard to start to something new , season 5 was all about his space trip and wedding planning.

-Bernadette goes out of town and makes less appearances on the show. I like her as a character but she can be annoying sometimes.

- Sheldon & Leonard's moms to make more appearances

- More video game episodes, maybe show a gaming tournament ? Halo? Call of duty?

- More science

- Penny gets an acting job and starts earning a lot of money.

- Zack to make more appearances and say stupid stuff.

So whataboutyouguys ?

Bump

Here comes the long wait for season 6 :(

My new wishlist for next season

- Raj gets a girlfriend, maybe a girl with selective mutism ?

Not a bad idea. They need to do something with him.

- Sheldon learns to drive.(maybe an ep. where he gets into an accident xD )

Sheldon knows how to drive. He just believes he is too evolved for the activity.

- NO MORE WEDDINGS, I don't want to see Leonard proposing to Penny or anything like that, its just not funny anymore. We are going into the 6th season.

Don't disagree. Though L/P is not going away.

- Howard to start to something new , season 5 was all about his space trip and wedding planning.

They will have to give him a new direction. Maybe the university will give him a position of authority in recognition of his achievements.

-Bernadette goes out of town and makes less appearances on the show. I like her as a character but she can be annoying sometimes.

I doubt she is going anywhere.

- Sheldon & Leonard's moms to make more appearances

Agreed. Though Leonard's mother has a regular job on another show. Not sure how much they can use her.

- More video game episodes, maybe show a gaming tournament ? Halo? Call of duty?

Agreed. Not sure you can build an entire episode around a game. Even Penny's gaming episode was not about the game.

- More science

Agreed

- Penny gets an acting job and starts earning a lot of money.

Agreed. They need to do something with her regarding her professional life.

- Zack to make more appearances and say stupid stuff.

In what role? I like Zack and thing he's hilarious. But there is no role for him. They would have to come up with a reason for him to be around.

So whataboutyouguys ?

Personally, I want to see them take L/P and the Shamy in constructive directions. L/P need to move past this uncomfortable stage in their relationship and move toward something healthy and functional. The Shamy seems to be on a much more steady course.

Develop Sheldon while keeping him true to his persona. The last episode was the first one in a while where he was his normal self.

More Kripke and Stuart.

More guest stars. There are tons of Sci-Fi icons out there to bring on. As well as real world giants of the scientific fields.