The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Convict13

Your hopes and dreams for Season 6

People sometimes attribute the human emotion of kindness to Sheldons actions when really as Moonbase says he is just being naturally logical imo. It's a bit like thinking animals understand you when they don't.

Yeah, this is what I think too. He's not cold hearted, as cbolt pointed out. But how much is social convention? He can seem incredibly mean, or incredibly kind, dependent on context. It's all the same approach to Sheldon, but the reaction of others depends on whether it works in the other characters' favour or not.

@Bazingafan I don't know what to make of the hand holding yet. :icon_eek: I'm not sure Amy does either. :icon_cheesygrin:

I agree with this. I don't think Sheldon is ever consciously kind or compassionate (and he wouldn't consider that a desirable quality to have). But his actions suggest that his heart is in the right place, as they say. He tries to do the right thing by his friends and help out when any real need arises.

And yes, Amy certainly looked like she was completely caught out of left field by his hand-clasp. Open-mouthed dazed. :D

People sometimes attribute the human emotion of kindness to Sheldons actions when really as Moonbase says he is just being naturally logical imo. It's a bit like thinking animals understand you when they don't.

Yeah, this is what I think too. He's not cold hearted, as cbolt pointed out. But how much is social convention? He can seem incredibly mean, or incredibly kind, dependent on context. It's all the same approach to Sheldon, but the reaction of others depends on whether it works in the other characters' favour or not.

@Bazingafan I don't know what to make of the hand holding yet. :icon_eek: I'm not sure Amy does either. :icon_cheesygrin:

I agree with this. I don't think Sheldon is ever consciously kind or compassionate (and he wouldn't consider that a desirable quality to have). But his actions suggest that his heart is in the right place, as they say. He tries to do the right thing by his friends and help out when any real need arises.

And yes, Amy certainly looked like she was completely caught out of left field by his hand-clasp. Open-mouthed dazed. :D

For some it might come across as being mean but he's just stating a fact(Penny is a community college dropout, Howard only has a Masters), but despite what he says at times he really cares about Penny and the guys, or he wouldn't have done half the things he has done or wanted to continue to be Penny's friend after her and Leonard broke up, he has some of that southern gentlemen in him.

I hope that Priya returns next season with the intent of getting back together with Leonard. I liked Priya, and as Amy pointed out to Penny, she is a better match for Leonard. The main reason that I would like to see Priya return is the statements that Penny has made that indicates that she believes that there is no way that Leonard would ever break up with her, if there was anyone breaking up it she would be the one doing the breaking up. I think that she just assumes that Leonard will be there for her whenever she wants.

I hope that Priya returns next season with the intent of getting back together with Leonard. I liked Priya, and as Amy pointed out to Penny, she is a better match for Leonard. The main reason that I would like to see Priya return is the statements that Penny has made that indicates that she believes that there is no way that Leonard would ever break up with her, if there was anyone breaking up it she would be the one doing the breaking up. I think that she just assumes that Leonard will be there for her whenever she wants.

I don't get your obession with Priya, I seriously doubt they would bring her back or the point of it.

I don't get your obession with Priya, I seriously doubt they would bring her back or the point of it.

I have mixed feelings about Priya.

Let me just say for the record, I doubt they are going to bring her back anytime soon. I can see her coming back in future seasons though just for tid bits.

On the one hand, I didn't like Priya because she was a little bit of a control freak over Leonard. i.e. making him wear different clothes, telling him he can't talk to penny, and making him get contacts. Then again Leonard went along with it because he was totally whipped.

On the other hand...even despite all those things, Priya made Leonard happy. I loved seeing him satisfied and happy.

I have mixed feelings about Priya.

Let me just say for the record, I doubt they are going to bring her back anytime soon. I can see her coming back in future seasons though just for tid bits.

On the one hand, I didn't like Priya because she was a little bit of a control freak over Leonard. i.e. making him wear different clothes, telling him he can't talk to penny, and making him get contacts. Then again Leonard went along with it because he was totally whipped.

On the other hand...even despite all those things, Priya made Leonard happy. I loved seeing him satisfied and happy.

I doubt he was happy, yes he had a beautiful gf and got to have sex with her, but a woman that has that much control over a guy I seriously doubt he was happy. If priya was a guy and Leonard was the woman wouldn't we be saying for Leonard to get out of that relationship now?

Priya was terrible. She constantly tried to change Leonard. She called him a boy in a man's body. She was unwilling to tell her parents she was dating him. Then, she cheated on him. He's better off without her. Good riddance!

I don't understand why anyone would want Priya back, she controlled Leonard and tried to do the same with the the rest of the group, to want Priya back just because she educated by that logic bring back Dr. Stephanie at least she was nice to him and wasn't controlling.

Btw, You need to dial it down, half your posts on this forum are about Leonard and Penny and rest is hating on Sheldon , what's up with that ?

Few weeks ago I saw an interview with the cast when it came to the topic of Sheldon and Penny being a couple they turned it down straight away and said its never going to happen, and we all know it's not going to happen. So yea, you are the one who is delusional here.

Out of the 4 guys, Leonard is the only one for Penny true, but as a fan who has seen every episode of all 5 seasons, I get bored when I see their scenes, not a hater, just not a fan. :) They got absolutely nothing in common, like Leonard wrote in his bug report during their relationship beta test to Penny - "We'd have more things to talk about if you read more"

Leonard is coming off as a desperate loser now, he is suicidal when he can't get a girlfriend..he would date any woman he finds hot to get sex (Alice, Priya, Dr.Plimpton, Leslie, Bernadette's gym friend Joy?) . I was a fan of Lenny at the start of the show then we got to see his character's true side in the 3rd and 5th season. Sheldon and Penny is big NO as a couple, but their one on one scenes are much more funnier. Just my opinion..

You make no sense. I have been saying all a long with all the cast and crew has said. So you are the delusional one.

And to comment on Priya, She was a hypocrite. Telling Leonard to stay away from his Ex, then when Priya goes back to India...she cheats...with her Ex.

IT Might sound sinister but i wish that Raj go's about trying to wreck howards marriage

This isn't a soap opera.

IT Might sound sinister but i wish that Raj go's about trying to wreck howards marriage

This isn't a soap opera.

I actually think it (is) turning into a soap opera.

Time will tell where the writers take it from here.

This isn't a soap opera.

Haha! Actually I was just thinking today how it seems to me that some fans like to turn it into a soap opera.

This isn't a soap opera.

Except nothing happened he didn't even make a move, no one was suppose to know until Priya opened her big mouth.

I'd say it is turning into a soap. It's almost all about relationships now. Gee I wonder if Amy will have sex with Sheldon? I wonder if Amy will have sex with Penny? I wonder if Penny will have sex with Sheldon? Will Penny and Leonard stay together? Will Raj ever get a girlfriend? Barf, barf, barf, barf, vomit.

Season 6 hopes and desires? I don't know how they could get back to a place I'd really like, but to start with:

1. Have Amy and Bernadette return to occasional character status

2. Have Amy drop her sexual aggressiveness with both Sheldon and Penny. If she was really as sex crazed as she says, there is no way she would still be a virgin at her age.

3. Make Leonard less of a moron. His behavior during the wedding was appalling

4. Likewise Penny, Amy and Sheldon. It seemed that the only one who actually cared about the wedding was Raj.

5. Cut out Howard’s constant comparisons of Bernadette to his mother. I preferred the old single creepy Howard to this new creepy oedipal Howard.

6. Make Sheldon less of a jerk. He insults people too much and contrary to what some on this board say, it is no longer inadvertent.

7. Replace Raj. For me his character is unredeemable. He is too dishonorable and his mute/drunk shtick is just annoying now.

8. Stop being so inconsistent with the characters. It’s hard to know who the characters are really supposed to be. A big for instance from the finale: They made such a big thing about Sheldon’s eidetic memory at the beginning of the episode, but then during the wedding (and the stag party) he has to read his part off of cards. What?

9. Cut the relationship crap. Get back to nerdy / geeky / science-y goodness.

I'd say it is turning into a soap. It's almost all about relationships now. Gee I wonder if Amy will have sex with Sheldon? I wonder if Amy will have sex with Penny? I wonder if Penny will have sex with Sheldon? Will Penny and Leonard stay together? Will Raj ever get a girlfriend? Barf, barf, barf, barf, vomit.

Season 6 hopes and desires? I don't know how they could get back to a place I'd really like, but to start with:

1. Have Amy and Bernadette return to occasional character status

2. Have Amy drop her sexual aggressiveness with both Sheldon and Penny. If she was really as sex crazed as she says, there is no way she would still be a virgin at her age.

3. Make Leonard less of a moron. His behavior during the wedding was appalling

4. Likewise Penny, Amy and Sheldon. It seemed that the only one who actually cared about the wedding was Raj.

5. Cut out Howard’s constant comparisons of Bernadette to his mother. I preferred the old single creepy Howard to this new creepy oedipal Howard.

6. Make Sheldon less of a jerk. He insults people too much and contrary to what some on this board say, it is no longer inadvertent.

7. Replace Raj. For me his character is unredeemable. He is too dishonorable and his mute/drunk shtick is just annoying now.

8. Stop being so inconsistent with the characters. It’s hard to know who the characters are really supposed to be. A big for instance from the finale: They made such a big thing about Sheldon’s eidetic memory at the beginning of the episode, but then during the wedding (and the stag party) he has to read his part off of cards. What?

9. Cut the relationship crap. Get back to nerdy / geeky / science-y goodness.

:icon_arrow: 1.Agreed easier to to do with Bernie with Howard in space but never really gave a timeline for his stay on the station.Amy?? how to turn her into cameo appearances challenging unless "skype" possibility.

:icon_arrow: 2.Agreed getting "old" and unless Sheldon actually starts to return those type feelings dead storyline.

:icon_arrow: 3.Agreed not sure were they are going with this but confusing at least.

:icon_arrow: 4.Agreed think you said it best!

:icon_arrow: 5.Agreed didn't mind new Howard but the "mother" issue will kill off this one,Tooooo long of a momma's boy.

:icon_arrow: 6.Agreed can definately notice more in S4&5 leaves you thinking what a "A$$" not that's just Sheldon being Sheldon.

:icon_arrow: 7.Disagree...Sorry "FIX" yes replace "NO" never break up the band.

:icon_arrow: 8.Agreed and "Spot On" enough said.

:icon_arrow: 9.Agreed they had the "right stuff" when they kept it to a group of "brilliant" nerdy guys and how confused they got when "the girl next door" showed up and the folly that ensued trying to keep thier identity as her pressence provides a distraction to say the least.

Agree with everything except cutting out raj and cut the relationships. As for saying it's a soap then what are other comedys then?

If anyone has any idea at all about how they could fix Raj I'd love to hear it. For me, he is forever the guy who tried to have sex with a girl who was black-out drunk (must have been like trying to have sex with a rag doll) when he should have blah, blah season 4 finale blah, blah, etc. etc. (probably shouldn't reopen that now).

And not only that, but what exactly does Raj contribute to the show now? "Oh, I just bought a beer from that hoodlum over there who I would actually never really talk to, but I need to come up with some booze so I can say a few lines when there are females around. Buuuurp."

Agree with everything except cutting out raj and cut the relationships. As for saying it's a soap then what are other comedys then?

Yeah, yeah, I get it. You like how the show is going. Some of us don't.

I think they've done with Amy hitting on Penny, haven't seen it in a while, I don't think it's too unrealistic if she's sex starved and a virgin, remember what she was like when she first came on here, plus guys are attracted to attractive women and Amy is not that, also she has mentioned how she never mentioned having any friends until now. Agree unless Sheldon starts returning Amy's feelings it's just draging on and delaying the predictable outcome and needs to move on.

plus guys are attracted to attractive women

lol. So are you saying that all guys are so shallow that they only sleep with women who are good looking? A guy would never sleep with a woman just because she will put out?

If anyone has any idea at all about how they could fix Raj I'd love to hear it. For me, he is forever the guy who tried to have sex with a girl who was black-out drunk (must have been like trying to have sex with a rag doll) when he should have blah, blah season 4 finale blah, blah, etc. etc. (probably shouldn't reopen that now).

And not only that, but what exactly does Raj contribute to the show now?

For one we don't know exactly know the whole story with raj and penny she wasn't too passed out to put the condom on for him, raj is a very important to the show if he got therapy to deal with his mutism I'd think that whole be a good storyline and I am not saying the show is perfect far from it, there's numerous changes I'd like to be made but to say get rid of the relationships, not going to happen, they've been featured throughout the series just not to this degree this season.

And not only that, but what exactly does Raj contribute to the show now? "Oh, I just bought a beer from that hoodlum over there who I would actually never really talk to, but I need to come up with some booze so I can say a few lines when there are females around. Buuuurp."

:at: 4ofN...Question who and what type would we replace Raj with?Would we take a exsisting character and more develop into the storyline or bring a "cold" character in? Not trying to go off topic here.

Agreed they pretty much have put a fork in him but was trying to keep a candle lit for him but like a candle in the wind the flame just doesn't carry.