Your hopes and dreams for Season 6

plus guys are attracted to attractive women

lol. So are you saying that all guys are so shallow that they only sleep with women who are good looking? A guy would never sleep with a woman just because she will put out?

No guys want to be with a beautiful woman, not a unattractive one, I've never seen a good looking guy with an ugly girl I'm sure there are some just haven't seen any.

I do agree they need to do something with Raj he walks around with alchol in him so he can talk when the girls are around.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And your point is? Of course, other than being offensive. Luckily I deal with students all the time that think they know a lot more than they do so I'll address what I perceive as your point.

Attractive is relative, we all have different tastes thankfully. Otherwise only top 5% of us would ever be able to get a date! I know you may not believe this but Penny isn't everyones cup of tea either.

lol. So are you saying that all guys are so shallow that they only sleep with women who are good looking? A guy would never sleep with a woman just because she will put out?

No guys want to be with a beautiful woman, not a unattractive one, I've never seen a good looking guy with an ugly girl I'm sure there are some just haven't seen any.

Hmmmmm. So in your world there are no ugly guys, or do the ugly guys all end up with good looking girls as well?

And come on. Some people don't have a problem with "ugly" girls. While I won't try to argue that looks don't play a role when meeting people, that usually diminishes once you get to know someone.

And on top of that Amy is not ugly. Some may not find her overly attractive, but if you must measure these things, I'd say she is closer to the middle of the pack than at the bottom.

Instead of fruitlessly hoping for any solutions to any problems, why not just take each show as it is presented?

Looking for deep insights and quantum leaps in characterizations is just silly, it's a situation comedy with imaginary people in unlikely comedic situations.

That's all it is, and it does it pretty good.

Hmmmmm. So in your world there are no ugly guys, or do the ugly guys all end up with good looking girls as well?

And come on. Some people don't have a problem with "ugly" girls. While I won't try to argue that looks don't play a role when meeting people, that usually diminishes once you get to know someone.

And on top of that Amy is not ugly. Some may not find her overly attractive, but if you must measure these things, I'd say she is closer to the middle of the pack than at the bottom.

Once a girl agrees to sleep with you, she gets MUCH prettier. =)

Attractive is relative, we all have different tastes thankfully. Otherwise only top 5% of us would ever be able to get a date! I know you may not believe this but Penny isn't everyones cup of tea either.

I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't be interested in Penny.

For one we don't know exactly know the whole story with raj and penny she wasn't too passed out to put the condom on for him...

As a professional abusive drinker, I must chime in here. Pass out != black out. Pass out means you lose consciousness. Black out just means you don't remember it the next day. You can black out yet still have been up and active for hours being exactly who you normally would have been doing what you normally would have been doing, well, normal for being super drunk anyway. =)

Hmmm, Penny is a conundrum. She is pretty, but I don't find her unique. There's tons of hot blonde girls out in the world. Being attracted to Penny isn't the same as being attracted to just any hot blonde girl. That's the difference. So, while I can say I don't find the specific character of Penny attractive, her arch-type is.

Me personally? I like glow-in-the-dark-pale-skinned nerdy girls with glasses.

I would not call Amy ugly just unattractive, now ugly is Leslie winkle.

I didn't say there wasn't ugly guys or how would their be ugly guys and girls, but I have seen couples and wonder how did he get with her, some Hollywood couples are a perfect example.

Normally you judge a persons looks and then you get to know the person.

Well I would start believing in "Santa Clause" then cuz I am with Moonbase on this one!

Once a girl agrees to sleep with you, she gets MUCH prettier. =)

I don't know about that.

My wishes for the 6th season:

- more: science, SF (Star Trek!), comic book store.

- a lot of: Amy Farrah Fowler (but PLEASE, without lesbian undertones - if she's into Sheldon, let her be into him).

- at least a little bit of: Leslie Winkle. It would be nice to know how she's doing.

- less: distinct storylines about girls as a group.

- an acting role for Penny.

- a romantic interest for Raj (not necessarily a regular girlfriend). I would say that his character is in a large need of development).

I think my partner watches TBBT for Penny.

I think my partner watches TBBT for Penny.

I bet a lot of people can say that.

You can forget Leslie Winkle since the actress hosts a talk show unless they recasted her but it's been so long since she was on.

They can probably fit her in a couple episodes.

I don't know how they would make it work, but I doubt we see Leslie again it's been so long since she was on.

I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this (maybe too much time), but to come up with my ‘wish list’ for season 6, I needed to figure out what the show was about…And for those that are anti-relationship, sorry, this show has always been about relationships, from the very beginning, and how we each help other ‘evolve’ and heal.

Every main character comes into this show as ‘damaged goods’ where relationships are involved. Penny has had a string of bad relationships, but even with that, she isn’t afraid to reach out emotionally. She is Sheldon, but on an emotional and social-skill level. Leonard is a ‘nerd’ whose mother basically looked at him as an ‘experiment’ that just wants to have a normal life with a real woman, Howard’s mother smothered him so much he rebels by becoming sexually-aggressive and ‘perverted’. Sheldon, I think, even with a loving mother, copes with his childhood issues by being ‘superior’, which keeps people at a distance. He’s done it for so long that he doesn’t know how to be any other way. Bernadette seems fairly normal, though she has hinted a few times at having a dark side. Amy is a combination of Sheldon and Leonard, just in a female form. She wants to be Penny, because she thinks that ‘Penny’ is the ‘cool’ person, and ‘cool’ people never have problems, because they are ‘cool’.

Ok, character analysis done…here’s what I’d like to see for season 6.

Leonard and Penny continuing to build their relationship. There have been flashes that Penny is much smarter than she gives herself credit for (maybe she ‘dumbed’ herself down to fit in with the cool crowd), need to see her growing and having SOME kind of long-term success. Around season 4, Leonard started on a path to develop his self confidence, ending with his ‘hanging up’ on Priya. Leonard needs to continue developing his confidence also, not just because Penny likes it, but because it’s in his best interests.

Sheldon needs to evolve away from the 4 year old emotional child and realize that he can let people into his life. Now, he’ll still be a genius, and will lord it over everyone, but there are ways to get him to break out and show he cares (we have examples in the past of him doing this). Amy will be part of this process, but she needs to get away from wanting to be ‘cool’ and just learn that people like her for who she is, if she isn’t so ‘needy’.

Bernadette and Howard…Not sure where this is going, except that they are foreshadowing Bernadette turning into Howard’s mother. But since then, Howard has gotten more confident (going to space), and maybe doesn’t need as much mothering…Could be a relationship role model for the others, could lead to a lot of conflict.

Raj has got to stop the mutism thing. Early on, it was an easy joke device because Howard would ‘interpret’ him, oftentimes incorrectly…Time to leave that plot device alone and move along. I like the idea of making Raj teach a class with women in it, and maybe one of them can break through his mutism.

What I think WILL happen in season 6 is all foreshadowed in the final scene of season 5. Bernadette grabs Raj’s hand, not out of any romantic interest, but to reassure him that he will still be part of their circle. Penny reaches out for Leonard’s hand and intertwines her fingers with his, a very intimate way to hold hands, and Sheldon reaches out to Amy, starting to bridge the gap between them. And did anyone take Leonard’s ‘This is it’ as a double-meaning? Yes, it was the rocket liftoff, but it could also have been a play on words of his and Penny’s relationship. And not one of them had to look to see where the other’s hand was…

I think there is plenty of room still for jokes, and ‘superiority dances’, and everything that makes this show so funny. But it’s the evolving of the characters that make this really worth watching.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this (maybe too much time), but to come up with my ‘wish list’ for season 6, I needed to figure out what the show was about…And for those that are anti-relationship, sorry, this show has always been about relationships, from the very beginning, and how we each help other ‘evolve’ and heal.

Every main character comes into this show as ‘damaged goods’ where relationships are involved. Penny has had a string of bad relationships, but even with that, she isn’t afraid to reach out emotionally. She is Sheldon, but on an emotional and social-skill level. Leonard is a ‘nerd’ whose mother basically looked at him as an ‘experiment’ that just wants to have a normal life with a real woman, Howard’s mother smothered him so much he rebels by becoming sexually-aggressive and ‘perverted’. Sheldon, I think, even with a loving mother, copes with his childhood issues by being ‘superior’, which keeps people at a distance. He’s done it for so long that he doesn’t know how to be any other way. Bernadette seems fairly normal, though she has hinted a few times at having a dark side. Amy is a combination of Sheldon and Leonard, just in a female form. She wants to be Penny, because she thinks that ‘Penny’ is the ‘cool’ person, and ‘cool’ people never have problems, because they are ‘cool’.

Leonard and Penny continuing to build their relationship. There have been flashes that Penny is much smarter than she gives herself credit for (maybe she ‘dumbed’ herself down to fit in with the cool crowd), need to see her growing and having SOME kind of long-term success. Around season 4, Leonard started on a path to develop his self confidence, ending with his ‘hanging up’ on Priya. Leonard needs to continue developing his confidence also, not just because Penny likes it, but because it’s in his best interests.

Sheldon needs to evolve away from the 4 year old emotional child and realize that he can let people into his life. Now, he’ll still be a genius, and will lord it over everyone, but there are ways to get him to break out and show he cares (we have examples in the past of him doing this). Amy will be part of this process, but she needs to get away from wanting to be ‘cool’ and just learn that people like her for who she is, if she isn’t so ‘needy’.

Bernadette and Howard…Not sure where this is going, except that they are foreshadowing Bernadette turning into Howard’s mother. But since then, Howard has gotten more confident (going to space), and maybe doesn’t need as much mothering…Could be a relationship role model for the others, could lead to a lot of conflict.

Raj has got to stop the mutism thing. Early on, it was an easy joke device because Howard would ‘interpret’ him, oftentimes incorrectly…Time to leave that plot device alone and move along. I like the idea of making Raj teach a class with women in it, and maybe one of them can break through his mutism.

What I think WILL happen in season 6 is all foreshadowed in the final scene of season 5. Bernadette grabs Raj’s hand, not out of any romantic interest, but to reassure him that he will still be part of their circle. Penny reaches out for Leonard’s hand and intertwines her fingers with his, a very intimate way to hold hands, and Sheldon reaches out to Amy, starting to bridge the gap between them. And did anyone take Leonard’s ‘This is it’ as a double-meaning? Yes, it was the rocket liftoff, but it could also have been a play on words of his and Penny’s relationship. And not one of them had to look to see where the other’s hand was…

I think there is plenty of room still for jokes, and ‘superiority dances’, and everything that makes this show so funny. But it’s the evolving of the characters that make this really worth watching.

wow, great post! You really did a great insight on the characters and I really hope to see what you envisioned for Season 6.

That's a very good analysis. I especially liked the observation that none of them had to look down to see the other person's hand.. they did feel that degree of mutual connection, in that moment.

I agree with your first paragragh 100 percent, I agree with about Penny she's probably smarter than she's let on, for Amy I can see that what to be like the cool crowd in school but they have problems like anyone else, indont think Sheldon's problems come from his mother, it's more likely the rest if his redneck family and the town he's from.

Cut out all of my original post...As I was reading the threads, I realized something else very different that had occurred...In the final scene of season 5, where the handholding happens, it occurs to me that I can't remember ever seeing Penny hold hands with anyone. She may have had 'coitus' with guys, especially Leonard...But I just don't remember ever seeing her hold hands with anyone, and certainly not in the way she did it with Leonard in this scene. This might represent a breakthrough for her in dealing with her inability to emotionally commit. For many people, coitus is the ultimate sharing and vulnerability, but I get the feeling that because of Penny's past, coitus is more physical than emotional. But holding hands, especially with her taking the initiative, could be a reset back to an emotional connection.

Then again, it's just a TV show, and we may ALL be reading way to much into these characters...then again, maybe not :)

"the show has always been about relationships" only if you mean non plutonic? amy =, is not a bad character and she is probally the nerdiest one in the group, as the outcast wanting to fit in persona, Howard and bernadette dont care eith way. Raj is going to come out you read it here first. Sheldon damn it I loved him I cant bear to see what he is becoming, it is against his character completely and tottaly. Penny, get a job. Personnally I want to see sheldn ignore amy and amy leaving him, and he dosent care, penny and leonard date, howard and bernadette happy, and raj out of the closet. My hopes and dreams for season 6

Cut out all of my original post...As I was reading the threads, I realized something else very different that had occurred...In the final scene of season 5, where the handholding happens, it occurs to me that I can't remember ever seeing Penny hold hands with anyone. She may have had 'coitus' with guys, especially Leonard...But I just don't remember ever seeing her hold hands with anyone, and certainly not in the way she did it with Leonard in this scene. This might represent a breakthrough for her in dealing with her inability to emotionally commit. For many people, coitus is the ultimate sharing and vulnerability, but I get the feeling that because of Penny's past, coitus is more physical than emotional. But holding hands, especially with her taking the initiative, could be a reset back to an emotional connection.

Then again, it's just a TV show, and we may ALL be reading way to much into these characters...then again, maybe not :)

It was a break through and it was meant to be seen as that, I believe. Penny isn't going to let go of Leonard anymore (thanks to her emotional train wreak in Season 4) but that does not mean smooth sailing for Leonard. He's got to deal with her fears up close and personal in Season 6.

I want to see Sheldon and Amy finally move past first base. Or whatever you wanna call it, the cuddling on the couch during Season 5 basically.

I mean I can see that he cares about her, but I think that we all want Sheldon to get laid to calm him down some or make him more bat crap crazier.

I want Penny and Leonard to finally have a good relationship without the break up,make up stuff.

Raj needs a woman, one that can make him overcome his selected mutism (not sure on the spelling).

Howard and Bernadette should have their own place, maybe talks of a smart and beautiful child??

Just what I would like to see.

@owlinaz, that was a masterful analysis. I also like the way you picked up on Penny's hand holding. I certainly do hope as BangerMain said that it is a breakthrough for Penny and Leonard. It is time to quit the all too common break up and get back together for those two. That's such a common theme in relationships. This is a nerd show after all, we want to see something more complex.

Move Penny and Leonard to a new level and have the two of them dealing with issues like the musician friend that was going to sleep on her couch. That was a good way to resolve it. For him to sleep on Leonard's couch instead. Let Leonard keep an eye on a rival but still keep Penny happy by giving her friend a place to stay. Compromise.

I can't agree totally with ekap2 that it's against Sheldon's character. It's been one of the underlying themes of the show of personal growth in all the characters. Howard is the most obvious example of this. Sheldon has the furthest to travel to normality but everyone needs to grow and mature, even Sheldon.

Combining Raj coming out of the closet with a girl that seems to be a guy then comes out as a girl is a tremendous idea. Make Raj think he's gay then find out the guy he's attracted to is a girl. Great idea.

Perhaps we do read too much into the show but that's the fun of it. That's why we become involved because we can see ourselves in the characters.

Penny should get an acting job.

Howard gets an assignment to the International Space Station.

Leonard and Sheldon use their high I.Q to make lots of money in the stock market, use money to move to a large house with private lab