The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.24 The Countdown Reflection [Season Finale] (May 10)

How do you rate the episode?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

The final moment was awesome. Isn't it funny, how both Penny and Sheldon are so overwhelmed with emotion that they reach out to hold the hand of their respective closest friend? Say what you will, the juxtaposition was intriguing. The two are much more alike than you would think.

About the last paragragh what are you trying to say?

There is a lot of discussions about the differences between Sheldon and Penny. I believe that those two actually share some fundamental similaries - they share a common background and nature:

both Penny and Sheldon grew up in very similar loving (albeit "white trashy") families, and both grew up into good kind people with noble hearts.

Their reaction to Howard going into space is EXACTLY the same - Sheldon and Penny are like twins in that moment, LOL! They both are so overwhelmed with emotion they need to reach out for human contact. The two are much more alike than the viewers may think.

Saying that both Penny and Sheldon grew up in loving families is making a large assumption. We don't know. We do know that there were problems between Sheldon's mother and father, the father didn't like Sheldon's name, that Penny's sister shot her husband, and that her brother was involved in making meth. We just don't know enough yet to make assumptions besides Sheldon's mother and twin sister does love him, we don't know about his brother, and that Penny's father loves her.

As for Penny and Sheldon both being alike because they reached out to hold someone's hand, so did Bernadette. They are also alike in that they are both warm blooded mammals, have two arms, two legs, and are bipedal. That doesn't make then in any way similar to twins.

I think trying to make some kind of a connection between the two because of that scene is a big stretch.

simon-was center stage for the last 3 episodes

did a good job, hope he can win a award.

shamy is a good fit-sheldon not once but twice

talk about l/p bebroom mishap,and talked klingon

upset bernadette.amy- all about me,want to be

some one else maid of honor, over the top hope

your marrage does not work out, how they look

at her.

l/p-not in good place yet, with the bickering,

tension of the propose. she is maturing little did

not run away like season 3. great to see holding hands

The two are much more alike than you would think.

There is a lot of discussions about the differences between Sheldon and Penny. I believe that those two actually share some fundamental similaries - they share a common background and nature:

both Penny and Sheldon grew up in very similar loving (albeit "white trashy") families, and both grew up into good kind people with noble hearts.

Their reaction to Howard going into space is EXACTLY the same - Sheldon and Penny are like twins in that moment, LOL! They both are so overwhelmed with emotion they need to reach out for human contact. The two are much more alike than the viewers may think.

Saying that both Penny and Sheldon grew up in loving families is making a large assumption...

As for Penny and Sheldon both being alike because they reached out to hold someone's hand, so did Bernadette...

And here he is, like a Jack in the box, LOL...

Facts: We've MET Penny's father and we KNOW he adores his daughter. We KNOW Sheldon's mother, grandmother, and sister love him. Sheldon grew up in a loving family. Penny also grew up in a family that loved her. That's a fact, not an assumption.

(Leonard of course did NOT grow up in a loving family, quite the opposite, his mother did not love him. :icon_lol:)

As far as family backgrounds go, Sheldon's and Penny's are much more alike, while Leonard's is opposite - Sheldon and Penny grew up in white trashy families who loved them vs. Leonard's growing up in an intellectual, but cold and hateful environment.

As for Sheldon's and Penny's reaction being exactly alike - yes, their reaction shows that they are actually very similar on a basic human level, much more alike than the viewers give them credit. They. were. identical. in. that. soul-baring. moment! :icon_lol:

What is there to debate, pray tell me? "No, their reactions were completely opposite! No, their families hated them!" That's your position? Okay, whatever. :icon_lol:

As far as family backgrounds go, Sheldon's and Penny's are much more alike, while Leonard's is opposite - Sheldon and Penny grew up in white trashy families who loved them vs. Leonard's growing up in an intellectual, but cold and hateful environment.

Well, Sheldon started college at 11, built his own CAT scanner, tried to build a nuclear reactor, got his first doctorate at age 16.

While Sheldon was making his own furnace to produce substrates to make hommeade integrated circuits to build a death robot in his teenage years, Penny was smoking weed and having unprotected sex and tying up nerds in corn fields during hers. They have extremely similair backgrounds for sure.

We know Penny's dad loves her, and that Sheldon's mom loves him. Other than that, we can't make any assumptions on the "lovingness" of their families. Sheldon's Dad was a drunk and his sister used to beat the crap out of him. In Penny's family, her brother is a meth cook and her sister shot her husband. Sounds more like a Jerry Springer episode than a Norman Rockwell painting.

As for Sheldon's and Penny's reaction being exactly alike - yes, their reaction shows that they are actually very similar on a basic human level, much more alike than the viewers give them credit. They. were. identical. in. that. soul-baring. moment! :icon_lol:

To be fair, Sheldon, Penny & Bernadette were.identical.in.that.soul-baring.moment, not just Sheldon and Penny. Sheldonette anyone?

Well, Sheldon started college at 11, built his own CAT scanner, tried to build a nuclear reactor, got his first doctorate at age 16.

While Sheldon was making his own furnace to produce substrates to make hommeade integrated circuits to build a death robot in his teenage years, Penny was smoking weed and having unprotected sex and tying up nerds in corn fields during hers. They have extremely similair backgrounds for sure.

We know Penny's dad loves her, and that Sheldon's mom loves him. Other than that, we can't make any assumptions on the "lovingness" of their families. Sheldon's Dad was a drunk and his sister used to beat the crap out of him. In Penny's family, her brother is a meth cook and her sister shot her husband. Sounds more like a Jerry Springer episode than a Norman Rockwell painting.

To be fair, Sheldon, Penny & Bernadette were.identical.in.that.soul-baring.moment, not just Sheldon and Penny. Sheldonette anyone?

This makes me LOL because now all of her friends are "nerds" but yeah in a nerds teenage years the majority of girls(especially the hot ones)do stuff like that. Make their lives miserable. The only stereotype of Penny i think they missed was the cheerleading aspect.

The two are much more alike than you would think.

Saying that both Penny and Sheldon grew up in loving families is making a large assumption...

As for Penny and Sheldon both being alike because they reached out to hold someone's hand, so did Bernadette...

And here he is, like a Jack in the box, LOL...

Facts: We've MET Penny's father and we KNOW he adores his daughter. We KNOW Sheldon's mother, grandmother, and sister love him. Sheldon grew up in a loving family. Penny also grew up in a family that loved her. That's a fact, not an assumption.

(Leonard of course did NOT grow up in a loving family, quite the opposite, his mother did not love him. :icon_lol:)

What is there to debate, pray tell me? "No, their reactions were completely opposite! No, their families hated them!" That's your position? Okay, whatever. :icon_lol:

Sheldon's father drank allot, had allot of arguments with his wife, and didn't like Sheldon's name and Sheldon knew that. Sheldon has seldom if ever mentioned his brother. Therefore it is a stretch to say that he grew up in a loving family although some members of his family did in fact show love for him, that does not make for a loving family. As I said, we know that Penny's father loves her, but we know little or nothing about her mother or her siblings except for the fact that her sister shot her husband and her brother was involved in making meth. That would seem to indicate that there were some big problems in her family. Once again it is jumping to conclusions to state that either of them grew up in a loving family since none of us know enough about either of their families to state it as a fact.

As for Sheldon and Penny being so similar because they both held the hands of their respective boy/girl friends, IMO it is another stretch to state how similar that makes them. Bernadette reached for Raj's hand so does that somehow make Sheldon, Penny, and Bernadette similar to being triplets? I suppose you can make statements about how similar they are because they both are more or less human, each has one head, breaths air, are warm blooded, and both have two arms and two legs. So what. If this is supposed to be some kind of example of how Sheldon and Penny are "made" for each other, it is a very tenuous one if even that.

Sheldon's father drank allot, had allot of arguments with his wife, and didn't like Sheldon's name and Sheldon knew that. Sheldon has seldom if ever mentioned his brother. Therefore it is a stretch to say that he grew up in a loving family although some members of his family did in fact show love for him, that does not make for a loving family. As I said, we know that Penny's father loves her, but we know little or nothing about her mother or her siblings except for the fact that her sister shot her husband and her brother was involved in making meth. That would seem to indicate that there were some big problems in her family. Once again it is jumping to conclusions to state that either of them grew up in a loving family since none of us know enough about either of their families to state it as a fact.

Yes, he does, and to add to your point, that isn't even enough to know if he was "loving". He could have been super strict. We do know he treated her like a boy and wished she had been one. He seems to have no problem belittling her in front of the one man he hopes she ends up with. We know Penny breaks down into tears twice when discussing her childhood with Leonard's mother.

As for Sheldon and Penny being so similar because they both held the hands of their respective boy/girl friends, IMO it is another stretch to state how similar that makes them. Bernadette reached for Raj's hand so does that somehow make Sheldon, Penny, and Bernadette similar to being triplets? I suppose you can make statements about how similar they are because they both are more or less human, each has one head, breaths air, are warm blooded, and both have two arms and two legs. So what. If this is supposed to be some kind of example of how Sheldon and Penny are "made" for each other, it is a very tenuous one if even that.

If Penny had held Sheldon's hand, then he might have a point. =) But yeah, everyone is ignoring Bernadette's actions. It was just an emotional moment for all of them. They were scared/worried/excited for their friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rick, let me break it down for you one last time:

1) We KNOW that both Sheldon and Penny grew up being LOVED. Sheldon's mother, Meemaw, and sister LOVED him. Penny's father LOVED her. It's an indesputable fact.

Just as Leonard grew up feeling UNLOVED by his mother. That's also a fact.

If you want to debate that, go ahead, but denying facts and calling them "assumptions" just makes you seem petty and grasping at straws. :icon_lol:

2) People keep saying how opposite Sheldon and Penny are in everything. However, their *exactly the same reaction* to emotional moment during finale shows that they are actually much more alike then people think.

Again, you can debate that their reaction was NOT similar, but that will be like denying that the sky is blue and grass is green.

Btw, Bernadette is a different case altogether - Howard is HER HUSBAND. For Sheldon, Howard is just a "treasured acquaintance", for Penny, Howard is a creepy guy she doesn't exactly like - and yet, both of them were overwhelmed with pride and emotion at his achievement!

Bernadette's reaction shows she loved her husband. Penny and Sheldon's reaction shows they are good people with noble hearts.

Instead of reacting with indifference or jealousy or mild interest at the creepy/non-Phd guy going into space (LOL), they both were overhwhelmed with emotion, pride, happiness, and concern for Howard, so much so that they reached for human contact to support them.

Deny it if you will, this was a soul-touching moment that revealed that Sheldon and Penny are very much alike in their basic nature.

3) Only insipid Lennies keep yammering on about "made for each other" crap. Don't project your 'shipping sickness onto me. :icon_lol:

I am just making observations about some moments of the show which I find interesting and revealing something fundamental about the characters. :icon_cheesygrin:

P.S. Could someone please explain to me, how my saying "Sheldon and Penny are more alike than people think" translated into the "Sheldon and Penny are made for each other forever and evah, death to Lennies!" call-for-arms for resident Lennies? :icon_twisted::icon_lol:

@BigBang: Good points. The main reason you get opposition from any favorable comparison of Sheldon and Penny is because the Shenny crowd uses them to argue that such smilarities mean they're made for each other.

@BigBang: Good points. The main reason you get opposition from any favorable comparison of Sheldon and Penny is because the Shenny crowd uses them to argue that such smilarities mean they're made for each other.

So what??? Lennies keep yammering on about how "Leonard and Penny are made for each other, cutie-cute", and yet I don't see them getting shut down at every turn...

I don't give a damn if Lennies are feeling persecuted or whatever on other boards by Shennies. (If I judge by what I see here, I'd venture a guess they are NOT persecuted there either, it's probably all in their confused wittle heads.)

I only know what I see here on this board, and here I see a knee-jerk reaction from Lennies to deny the basic facts and attack my non-offensive statements about Sheldon and Penny just because Lennies perceive my view of the show as a "threat" to their insipid 'ship.

How pathetic is that? And how tiresome? Gah! :icon_mad::icon_lol:

Take a chill pill, Lennies. :icon_lol:

P.S. I've come to realize I hate 'shipping. I truly truly do. 'Shipping is a disease that turns people into nasty flesh eating pleasure killing zombies. It's no fun coming to talk about your favorite show once the board gets overrun by overzealous 'shippers. Shipping means death to rational debate, death to accepting diversity of opinions, and death to sharing the pleasure of enjoying a beloved show.

Both characters had interactions with Howard recently that changed their opinion of him. Penny witnessing his apology to Bernadette and Sheldon got to meet Stephen Hawking. The way they responded is not surprising at all. Every character in the room could be said to experience the same emotional response to Howard going into space. That moment with the hand holding was supposed to be a shamy moment.

P.S. I've come to realize I hate 'shipping. I truly truly do. 'Shipping is a disease that turns people into nasty flesh eating pleasure killing zombies. It's no fun coming to talk about your favorite show once the board gets overrun by overzealous 'shippers. Shipping means death to rational debate, death to accepting diversity of opinions, and death to sharing the pleasure of enjoying a beloved show.

That's why some of us prefered it when the show was a pure comedy with a novel premise, not the romantic comedy crap it has become. Maybe there's hope for you yet.:icon_biggrin:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Both characters had interactions with Howard recently that changed their opinion of him. Penny witnessing his apology to Bernadette and Sheldon got to meet Stephen Hawking. The way they responded is not surprising at all. Every character in the room could be said to experience the same emotional response to Howard going into space. That moment with the hand holding was supposed to be a shamy moment.

exactly. Sheldon & Amy being the last ones to hold hands is a clear sign. The Bernadette/Raj handholding was a setup for Leonard/Penny and both of them were a setup for Sheldon taking Amy's hand.

That's why some of us prefered it when the show was a pure comedy with a novel premise, not the romantic comedy crap it has become. Maybe there's hope for you yet.:icon_biggrin:

After seeing another rant about how other people's lives have interfered with his, on a rerun, in the real world the group would have told Sheldon to stfu,a.

The lovey-dovey stuff is OK, but Shelly could never, that is, never, consummate a sexual relation with his neurotic responses to every kind of contact.

So what??? Lennies keep yammering on about how "Leonard and Penny are made for each other, cutie-cute", and yet I don't see them getting shut down at every turn...

I don't give a damn if Lennies are feeling persecuted or whatever on other boards by Shennies. (If I judge by what I see here, I'd venture a guess they are NOT persecuted their either, it's probably all in their confused wittle heads.)

I only know what I see here on this board, and here I see a knee-jerk reaction from Lennies to deny the basic facts and attack my non-offensive statements about Sheldon and Penny just because Lennies perceive my view of the show as a "threat" to their insipid 'ship.

How pathetic is that? And how tiresome? Gah! :icon_mad::icon_lol:

Take a chill pill, Lennies. :icon_lol:

The only ship on the show I like is Howanette. I personally don't like Leonard and Penny together. I disagree with your assessments of how alike Sheldon and Penny are, but it's not out of some ship war, I just don't see it and don't always agree with your points. I hope I do at least come off as sounding civil, as thats the tone I wish to put out. =)

Many gaps in their past are just being filled with assumption and conjecture. Scenes and actions are cherry picked, while other aspects are discarded. The hand holding, I see no reason to cast aside Bernadette's actions and place Sheldon and Penny's action on some higher level of meaning. Bernadette, Penny, and Sheldon all had a subconscious reaction to reach out and hold someone's hand in an emotional situation.

Yes, they are alot alike. They're both, at their core, good natured hard-working people. Penny struggles with money, but she does work and tried to start her own business. But they also have complete opposite parts of themselves. When Penny dislocated her shoulder, Sheldon (in his mind anyway) risked his life to take her to the hospital. What did Penny do? Threw him under the bus and was willing to let him go to jail for failure to appear in court. It's not like Penny would have ever mentioned it, "Hey Sheldon, just so ya know, you might getting a summons, and if you don't do it, you will be arrested." Why do I say that? Because when Sheldon did find out about, she denied it, to his face, about 5 times, even when presented with a picture, and did this while she was mooching food from them.

Sheldon is quite heroic: he helped Penny with her shoulder, he saved Leonard's life in the elevator, he defended Leonard to his bully. Penny is not. Penny steals from Goodwill.

So, they are alike, and they are different. No more or less than any other two characters on the show (except for Sheldon and Amy maybe).

People keep saying how opposite Sheldon and Penny are in everything. However, their *exactly the same reaction* to emotional moment during finale shows that they are actually much more alike then people think.

Actually, if Leonard/Penny and Sheldon/Amy happen to have a double marriage at the end of the series, that will prove with absolute certainty that Sheldon and Penny are amazingly similar. Almost soulmates. I mean, getting married to their significant others at the same time! And that too when both of them are considerably commitment/relationship-phobic to begin with.. !

People keep saying how opposite Sheldon and Penny are in everything. However, their *exactly the same reaction* to emotional moment during finale shows that they are actually much more alike then people think.

Actually, if Leonard/Penny and Sheldon/Amy happen to have a double marriage at the end of the series, that will prove with absolute certainty that Sheldon and Penny are amazingly similar. Almost soulmates. I mean, getting married to their significant others at the same time! And that too when both of them are considerably commitment/relationship-phobic to begin with.. !

Another similarity is that they are both semi-pro. Sheldon masturbates for money and Penny has sex for food and WiFi

Rick, let me break it down for you one last time:

1) We KNOW that both Sheldon and Penny grew up being LOVED. Sheldon's mother, Meemaw, and sister LOVED him. Penny's father LOVED her. It's an indesputable fact.

Just as Leonard grew up feeling UNLOVED by his mother. That's also a fact.

If you want to debate that, go ahead, but denying facts and calling them "assumptions" just makes you seem petty and grasping at straws. :icon_lol:

2) People keep saying how opposite Sheldon and Penny are in everything. However, their *exactly the same reaction* to emotional moment during finale shows that they are actually much more alike then people think.

Again, you can debate that their reaction was NOT similar, but that will be like denying that the sky is blue and grass is green.

Btw, Bernadette is a different case altogether - Howard is HER HUSBAND. For Sheldon, Howard is just a "treasured acquaintance", for Penny, Howard is a creepy guy she doesn't exactly like - and yet, both of them were overwhelmed with pride and emotion at his achievement!

Bernadette's reaction shows she loved her husband. Penny and Sheldon's reaction shows they are good people with noble hearts.

Instead of reacting with indifference or jealousy or mild interest at the creepy/non-Phd guy going into space (LOL), they both were overhwhelmed with emotion, pride, happiness, and concern for Howard, so much so that they reached for human contact to support them.

Deny it if you will, this was a soul-touching moment that revealed that Sheldon and Penny are very much alike in their basic nature.

3) Only insipid Lennies keep yammering on about "made for each other" crap. Don't project your 'shipping sickness onto me. :icon_lol:

I am just making observations about some moments of the show which I find interesting and revealing something fundamental about the characters. :icon_cheesygrin:

P.S. Could someone please explain to me, how my saying "Sheldon and Penny are more alike than people think" translated into the "Sheldon and Penny are made for each other forever and evah, death to Lennies!" call-for-arms for resident Lennies? :icon_twisted::icon_lol:

Let me break it down for YOU.

YOUR statement was that it was a FACT that Penny and Sheldon grew up in loving families, not as you try to indicate now that they had someone in their family who loved them. I have said that Sheldon grew up being loved by his mother, sister and memaw. I have repeatedly said so. BUT I have also said that doesn't mean that he grew up in a loving family. We do know that his mother and father had marital problems, his father had a drinking problem, and he didn't like Sheldon's name. We know virtually NOTHING about his brother. As for Penny, we know that her father loves her, although the problems that she has with him as demonstrated when she started talking to Leonard's mother about her relationship with her father and her breaking down and crying about it, casts some doubts as to just how loving a relationship she had with him. Just because someone loves his or her child it doesn't mean that they demonstrate it. We know virtually nothing about her mother. We do know that her brother is involved in making meth and her sister shot her husband. Once again, we cannot legitimately say as fact that she was raised in a loving family.

Being loved by one or several members of family does not mean that someone grew up in a loving family. There are plenty of examples of a child whose mother loved them and their fathers beat the crap out of them nearly every night. YOUR statement that it was a fact that both Sheldon and Penny grew up in loving families was based entirely on assumptions and it not a FACT.

As for the point that Sheldon and Penny are alike because they held their boyfriend's/girlfriend's hands, so what? Bernadette is also like them because she did, all of them in the room are right handed and like Thai food. Something so simple does not indicate any meaningful similarity between their two personalities. Okay, so they are not TOTALLY opposites. They are also both right handed, like many of the same foods, both seem to shower or bathe daily, and so what?

Another similarity is that they are both semi-pro. Sheldon masturbates for money and Penny has sex for food and WiFi

Good point. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I have said that Sheldon grew up being loved by his mother, sister and memaw. BUT I have also said that doesn't mean that he grew up in a loving family.

Being loved by one or several members of family does not mean that someone grew up in a loving family.

Whatever. English is not my native language, so I'm not going to debate linguistics with you.

However, your linguistic nitpicking completely missed and denied my main point - Sheldon and Penny grew up LOVED, and their backgrounds are similar (both their families are on the white trashy side, yet both Sheldon and Penny were loved).

P.S. In my eyes, "growing up LOVED by a family" is the same meaning as "growing up in a LOVING family (i.e., a family capable of love)", as opposed to growing up unloved and abused like Leonard because his mother couldn't love him.

The only ship on the show I like is Howanette...

I also like Howanette a lot... And btw, I completely agree with your assessment of Sheldon and Penny. Both are good natured hard-working people at the core, Sheldon is heroic, but Penny is not... They are quite alike in some ways, and opposite in others. :icon_cheesygrin:

I do see the hand-holding scene as one that emphasizes how alike they are in some core aspects of their natures. I find it interesting. Two opposites in theory, yet such a similar reaction, like twins! :icon_lol:

Good point. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I have said that Sheldon grew up being loved by his mother, sister and memaw. BUT I have also said that doesn't mean that he grew up in a loving family.

Being loved by one or several members of family does not mean that someone grew up in a loving family.

Whatever. English is not my native language, so I'm not going to debate linguistics with you.

However, your linguistic nitpicking completely missed and denied my main point - Sheldon and Penny grew up LOVED, and their backgrounds are similar (both their families are on the white trashy side, yet both Sheldon and Penny were loved).

P.S. In my eyes, "growing up LOVED by a family" is the same meaning as "growing up in a LOVING family (i.e., a family capable of love)", as opposed to growing up unloved and abused like Leonard because his mother couldn't love him.

It is not linguistic nitpicking. There is a big difference. Having several members of a family showing love does not mean that they grew up in a loving family. As I stated earlier, you can have a mother that loves you very much and a father who abuses you every night. Hardly what anyone would call a loving family. As for Leonard, we do not know anything about his relationship with his father so you are assuming that he was unloved. We do not have enough information to make statements such as he was unloved.

As for Leonard, we do not know anything about his relationship with his father so you are assuming that he was unloved. We do not have enough information to make statements such as he was unloved.

Leonard's father used to borrow his hugging machine. That might be a clue.:icon_biggrin: Unloved by his mother, at least.

As defacto leader of the guys, daddy issues don't seem to be the problem.

you can have a mother that loves you very much and a father who abuses you every night. Hardly what anyone would call a loving family. As for Leonard, we do not know anything about his relationship with his father so you are assuming that he was unloved. We do not have enough information to make statements such as he was unloved.

Everything we SAW ON SCREEN so far - 1) Sheldon loved by his mother, meemaw, sister, and even his father (who taught him sports, for example), 2) Penny adored by her father, 3) Leonard mentally abused by his mother - are facts.

I'm talking about what we've seen on screen for five seasons.

What you're talking about are made up "could be" conjectures which we so far did NOT see on screen.

Maybe in the future seasons some new facts will be revealed about their families. Maybe the new seasons will reveal that Mary Cooper is a sociopath cleverly disguising her vile nature, that Leonard's mother is a sweetheart and what we saw on screen was a dream, and that Penny's mother beat her up every night. Whatever.

But so far, Sheldon and Penny were loved, Leonard was abused. :icon_cheesygrin:

It is not linguistic nitpicking. There is a big difference. Having several members of a family showing love does not mean that they grew up in a loving family. As I stated earlier, you can have a mother that loves you very much and a father who abuses you every night. Hardly what anyone would call a loving family. As for Leonard, we do not know anything about his relationship with his father so you are assuming that he was unloved. We do not have enough information to make statements such as he was unloved.

You can even have a mother who loves you more than anything, would take a bullet for you, but will still kick your butt every day of your life trying to prepare you for the world.

Love != affection

Leonard's father is only mentioned a few times. All we know is he cheated on Leonard's mom and that he used to borrow Leonard's hugging machine.

But so far, Sheldon and Penny were loved, Leonard was abused. :icon_cheesygrin:

Penny's problem is that she has been loved too much.:icon_eek: