The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.24 The Countdown Reflection [Season Finale] (May 10)

How do you rate the episode?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

I just hope it's positive, in general. It's all I'm hoping for.

I suppose that depends what you want from the show

I know break-ups only happen at the beginnings of the seasons, as far as this show goes. I just don't want any break ups or anyone dying, pretty much. Lol. That's what I meant by "positive."

I was talking about the direction and theme for the next season. I have read the taping report but wont say anymore..just that its not a cliffhanger like the last one but seems to give an indication about where they are going next

I just hope it's positive, in general. It's all I'm hoping for.

I suppose that depends what you want from the show

I know break-ups only happen at the beginnings of the seasons, as far as this show goes. I just don't want any break ups or anyone dying, pretty much. Lol. That's what I meant by "positive."

Ahahahaha! lol! "anyone dying" I don't think that would be a good idea for a season finale! but I do agree with you, I want the characters or situations to make positive impacts on the show rather then negatives, If you know what I mean.

I was talking about the direction and theme for the next season. I have read the taping report but wont say anymore..just that its not a cliffhanger like the last one but seems to give an indication about where they are going next

Ah, right, right. Overwhelming cliffhangers aren't cool with me. I'm glad it's less like that kind of ending.

Ahahahaha! lol! "anyone dying" I don't think that would be a good idea for a season finale! but I do agree with you, I want the characters or situations to make positive impacts on the show rather then negatives, If you know what I mean.

That's what I was trying to say, but I was at work and on my phone and just didn't have time to type out something better. :p

Just found this online, thought I would share, if you haven't seen ep 5.23 don't watch, small spoilers in this for you.

Same here. Thinking about it makes me all misty eyed? Wonder if I can borrow Sheldon's tissue?

I'm hoping Raj gets inebriated at the reception and finds the love of his life.

Alternatively, I will settle for the writers establishing that Raj is gay if that will allow Raj to find the love of his life.

I really hate that they keep dangling this option over our collective heads; and I frequently wonder that Raj's selcetive mutism is a hypochondriacal reaction to some relationship-based anxiety.

Has anyone else noticed how frequently they visit the vacillating topic of Raj's orientation?

I'm hoping Raj gets inebriated at the reception and finds the love of his life.

Alternatively, I will settle for the writers establishing that Raj is gay if that will allow Raj to find the love of his life.

I really hate that they keep dangling this option over our collective heads; and I frequently wonder that Raj's selcetive mutism is a hypochondriacal reaction to some relationship-based anxiety.

Has anyone else noticed how frequently they visit the vacillating topic of Raj's orientation?

I think about it. I honestly feel like he could be straight for the show, but if they made him gay, I would feel more comfortable with his path on the show. It's just my opinion, but even if he DOES find a girl that he can talk to - that would strike me as weird, not necessarily relieving, and I would always feel like something was 'off' or 'missing.' His relationship with Emily (deaf girl) was really cute, but I still felt like something was missing with it.

Now, if he were gay (or bi, fluid, whatever) and found a guy, and was able to be with him and bring him around the guys and be comfortable with himself - that would be the best of all. I honestly think everyone would be like, "I KNEW IT."

Hmmm I know what you mean…. Raj has been written into a corner. I'm not sure how they are going to get him out of it. They have put him with a lot of girls but it might be a let down if he just finds a regular girl now. Maybe an inappropriate relationship with his therapist. :icon_lol:

I hope they don't forget he has a puppy? Seems like he's never home to take care of it...

He should be carrying it round with him. I'm sure it will appear one episode, or fans will ask questions.

Just found this online, spoiler dont follow the link if you don't want to see the promo for season final.

Just found this online, spoiler dont follow the link if you don't want to see the promo for season final.

thank you; I couldn't help myself and watched it. this is going to be good!

I'm not even a Howard/Bernadette shipper or anything, but I'm beginning to feel pretty sentimental about the wedding.. the last two episodes have been beautiful in showing the H/B bond.

Hmmm I know what you mean…. Raj has been written into a corner. I'm not sure how they are going to get him out of it. They have put him with a lot of girls but it might be a let down if he just finds a regular girl now. Maybe an inappropriate relationship with his therapist. :icon_lol:

As far as I am concerned, after what they have done to the character from season 4 on, they could just kill him off or deport him back to India. I find nothing about the character that is likeable.

I can't wait to see how the writers have ended this season....All the seasons have been enjoyable...Can't wait for summer to pass so that season 6 comes on :)

Didn't give away anything we didn't already know. More excited meow!

Wolowitz getting married is a BIG mistake by the show's producers. Now it will take on a more serious, soap-opery tone. The show will go downhill from here on.

If anyone is interested, they posted a video about this episode on the CBS site (assuming its a clip). I just saw it on my facebook, but I'm going to resist and stay away. But wanted to mention it, in case someone else wanted to look.