5.24 The Countdown Reflection [Season Finale] (May 10)

How do you rate the episode?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

It was Penny grabbing Leonard's though. I would see what you are saying if it was Leonard grabbing Penny's. But Penny initiated it. So that's a huge deal imo.

Maybe if Penny was the only one that did it, Bernadette held Raj's(does thins mean something to you?), and then Sheldon held Amy's.

Raj wanted Bernadette before Wolowitz proposed. He was encouraging him to do so because he thought she woould say no.

Well that was because the rumor about her wanting to break up w/ Howard and thanking maybe he would have a chance but they're married now and she grabbed his hand first.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been rewatching the ep recently and I know everyone focuses on Sheldon's hand-holding in terms of what it means regarding his relationship with Amy, and that's been discussed to death and is huge

Wheeeee! The finale is here! (Almost... ) I just can't wait. I'm so glad it looks like Howie is after all going into space. That will be super cool!

Lorre's vanity card for this episode was so touching. He talks about how he felt something so innately human about the final scene, the action of holding someone's hand conveying emotions, the need fo

Posted Images

The hand holding and the "aaaawww"'s from the studio audience signify that the show has now officially become just another sitcom about romantic relationships. The estrogen crowd has won. In the words of Jean Luc Picard, "All good things must come to an end".

Is that really a bad thing? We have a terrible time slot going up against Idol. The ratings are doing good. In all honesty it's nice to see that these "geeks" are becoming normalish. While i'm a big fan of the show, i'm not sure I miss them acting like 8 year olds. I do miss the guys nights but not some of the childish things. As long as the science quirks still exist it's fine.

Have a hard time excepting Shamy as a real couple tho.

well, the season finale has aired! my thoughts:

-this episode would have been better if it wasn't a flashback format. the episode was just OK, simply because it seemed choppy and fast-paced.

-the astronaut scenes were a weird interruption. (the astronauts themselves & their helmets were strange too).

they could have left out all the astronauts interactions, as it didn't contribute anything.

-it was so sweet when Howard gave Bernadette the star necklace. but... she didn't wear it during the wedding!

-I'm not quite sure I understand how they had the wedding. (and one friend should have gotten ordained, not all of them).

-as much as I enjoy Amy, I thought she was obnoxious tonight, with the maid-of-honor shtick. it didn't seem fitting for Amy's character.

-Penny looked pale in this episode. maybe she was sick or it was the make-up, but every scene she looked pale.

-I liked how the show ended with closure, and didn't leave us hanging about any story line.

She was obnoxious because she knows sheldon will never ask for her hand in marriage.

It was Penny grabbing Leonard's though. I would see what you are saying if it was Leonard grabbing Penny's. But Penny initiated it. So that's a huge deal imo.

Hope they take a step forward next season. Even if it's just moving in together. Just spice it up a bit.

Thats not a step forward that's a leap forward, I just don't see Leonard and Sheldon not living together until probably the end and would Sheldon get a new roommate?

Hope they take a step forward next season. Even if it's just moving in together. Just spice it up a bit.

Thats not a step forward that's a leap forward, I just don't see Leonard and Sheldon not living together until probably the end and would Sheldon get a new roommate?

Raj! If only Wolowitz wasnt getting married, he would be willing i'm sure to get away from his mother. Maybe AMY! LOL

Actually American Idol is in the decline and TBBT is beating them in the ratings, they tried that with Raj being his roommate and Priya ruined it and even if Howard wasn't getting married he's a mommas boy and there's no way he'd be Sheldon's roommate.

I wonder if there's someone that has acted like Amy as a bridesmaid or if anyone on here knows someone that did that.

Thats cause they lost Simon. Would be like losing Sheldon. Priya, yuck...I hated her.

As for your amy question, I have.

I don't see us losing Simon and if so where'd he go that's better, as for your friend I guess she didn't get the memo to not upstage the bride.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I really liked the Season's finale. I am very glad that they went for something meaningful for every character. The hand-holding scene was very well done

Loved this episode

-Sheldon was more of himself, I couldn't stop laughing when he started talking in Klingon during the wedding.

-Howard's gift + speech in wedding was beautifully done.

-Hand holding was so touching, it shows how much everyone really cares about Howard. I was surprised to see Sheldon hold Amy's hand, I think that's the biggest human side of him we've ever seen on the show.

- Amy was getting carried away with the whole maid of honor thing yet again, she was obnoxious as usual.

- Penny looked pale and bored pretty much 75% of the episode

- Raj was drunk in every scene with the girls for as long as I can remember, looks like we won't be seeing the mute side of him again.

I hope Raj gets a girlfriend in season 6. :)

I'm lurking here even though I can't see it before another 24 hours at least.

The reactions are sounding good, apart from a small percentage of extant misogyny.

Hehehe Same here, but don't want to read to far ahead & have it cloud my decision before I actually have seen the episode myself ;)

This was a ok finale. Nothing spectacular.

Howard and Bernadette were the best thing about this finale. Lot's of good stuff for them.

Sheldon was his typical self in that he took a situation that was about his friends and made it about himself.

Amy has some good stuff as well, like Sheldon she spends a good chunk of the time making this event about her as well.

Despite Leonard and Penny's little tiff, which was annoying, they ended in a positive place at the end with Penny taking Leonard's hand. As much as the haters want to write this off as no big deal, it's not. Penny taking Leonard's hand is symbolic that despite their issues she wants and is committed to being with him. Also she doesn't just simply take his hand the way Bernadette did with Raj. She entwines her fingers with his, which is a much more intimate gesture and signifies a much more profound connection between her and Leonard.

The fact that Sheldon even took Amy's hand at all is significant for their relationship for obvious reasons.

Yes they definitely need to work on Raj big time next season.

I have to admit that I cried at the end when Sheldon grabbed Amy's hand....It was so beautiful, and I'm so happy that Howard and Bernadette got married...I think Penny might be regretting saying no to Leonard's marriage proposal, too...I also think it was sweet that the whole cast was involved in the officiating of the wedding...Bernadette, Amy and Penny all looked beautiful and all the guys rocked those tuxedos!...Great job, BBT writers!...Can't wait to see what you have in store for all of us in September!

Sheldon was his typical self in that he took a situation that was about his friends and made it about himself.

Amy has some good stuff as well, like Sheldon she spends a good chunk of the time making this event about her as well.

Leonard made it about himself as well, which seems to be the case nearly any time he seems to make a speech nowadays.

Aside from that, I did enjoy the episode, although I liked last week's episode more. I liked the reference to Sheldon's dilemmas with gift-giving, and his holding Amy's hand at the end. I was really surprised they decided to show that, but it made me feel warm inside haha. I am however disappointed we didn't get to see Bernadette's mom... or Howard's mom.

My favourite parts were

1) Sheldon giving Howard the $12.00 (then taking back $2.00), very typical Sheldon.

2) I liked the Google Earth shot pull away (did you see Howard's mum?)

3) The last scene was very very good. Did you notice that Penny knew where Leonard's hand was, does that mean something?

4) Mike Massimino was really really good for a non actor.

5) The necklace that Howard gave Bernadette and the little talk about taking it and bringing it back, then the little joke after.

Not as strong as last weeks, but still a really good way to end the season. Now just the pesky waiting until season 6 begins.

Well it sure has been a hit and miss series; some brilliant and some okayish episodes, but with this episode (coupled with last week's) I cannot wait for the next series.

I thought this episode had the characters' mannerisms completely believable and consistent with what has come in the previous seasons.

The acting was great, the writing funny and poignant in places - well done Chuck Lorre and co and thanks!

Matt

The wedding was adorable and I when Bernie said, "What am I, a football?!" I lol'd at that. "Here you go." Haha.

I was liking it okay (minus freaking Leonard and Penny being snippy with each other) until it got to the last scene when everyone held hands. That was so fantastically done. Cue the "awwwww" inside my heart. :icon_cry: That scene just goes a lot deeper than most things on the show. There was so much behind that. One of the most powerful 30 seconds ever, in my opinion...

I am however disappointed we didn't get to see Bernadette's mom... or Howard's mom.

We got to see both of them... did you miss it? :icon_eek:

TBBTWedding.jpg

HOLY BALLS.

I wasn't even paying attention. It's Carol Ann Susi (I'm sure)! :0

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I'm just a little choked up at the end.

Everyone was remarkably in character, the wedding induced warm feelings of many kinds, and the climactic moment where everyone holds hands in mutual support was the perfect way to sign off on a sweet, touching note.

I love how, after the all-round discord they left us with in last season's finale, this one came full circle to show the deep underlying unity and affection between this little group.

-

IIRC, Kaley was sick that week.

Penny saying "Some small part of me thought he was lying" pretty much sums up her relationship with Leonard. I wonder how Leonard reacted/will react to that.

-

Penny saying "Some small part of me thought he was lying" pretty much sums up her relationship with Leonard. I wonder how Leonard reacted/will react to that.

???? Her comment was about Howard and not really believing he was actually going in space! It had nothing to do with Leonard whatsoever.

-

???? Her comment was about Howard and not really believing he was actually going in space! It had nothing to do with Leonard whatsoever.

I think @Disgusted has a point. Consciously her comment was of course about Howard, but there seems to be a hidden subtext there - this is the kind of sentiment where Penny's commitment-phobia comes from. She has strong feelings for Leonard, but she can't completely own her relationship with him yet, because a small part of her is afraid that it's not real, she can't depend on him, whatever. Probably it comes from her many past experiences of bad and failed relationships.

I'm not sure if it was intentional - I suspect it was - but certainly this thought came to my mind once, when I heard her comment.

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I'm just a little choked up at the end.

Everyone was remarkably in character, the wedding induced warm feelings of many kinds, and the climactic moment where everyone holds hands in mutual support was the perfect way to sign off on a sweet, touching note.

I love how, after the all-round discord they left us with in last season's finale, this one came full circle to show the deep underlying unity and affection between this little group.

Awwwww :at: Pomita I am definately with you here the Old Bear has to give this one "TWO" paws up! I found myself actually applauding and gave a cheer at the end "Well Done".

Every aspect just left you at the edge of your seat,I think the whole pulling together for the wedding is what made it for me.My daughter who is (Kaley's) Penny's age is tying the knot this December so I really related to Bernie's Dad thru this because know matter what She is my "little girl".The whole thing with Raj knowing the satalite position,Penny with the "online" minister idea.Then when they "ALL" participated in the ceremony shows what being "friends" is all about.And yes there were the side notes as for mentioned but hey its what makes these characters who and what they are and gives us the reason to watch!