do you think any of the characters should have kids

Jim's nephew looks exactly like a mini Jim (I've seen pics of him somewhere) so they could totally pull it off it they get him into the show, but at the same time, like it's been said, only as a fast forward maybe or a dream sequence.

Yes, and Jim might be less reluctant about interacting with a child if it's his nephew!

I heard Jim say he has a nephew that looks like him. It would be neat to see some kind of fast forward scene showing sheldon's future kid perhaps.

If they have a flash foward of Sheldon as a father, I think I could imagine having a part of a series finale where they show him with a kid. But by then, I can see Sheldon acting way more normal and for some reason I kinda see him tucking his child into bed.

That would be sweet.

But on the whole, I can't see children being long-term characters on this show either. Maybe a flashback or flash-forward or a one-time babysitting storyline (which I think would be funny with Sheldon and Amy).

No kids! This show is about immature relatively young people with postponed social development. They should grow up first, THEN have kids (off screen after the show ends, or better never - let us remember them as they are and not spoil anything).

Sorry but have to be on the "No Kids" band wagon here if they wanted to put them in season 1 would have been the place I think.The kid "cameo's" have been funny scenes but the use of "cameo" and not having them belong to a beloved character is what made the episode funny IMO.

I actually don't think they should necessarily have kids either. I feel like if kids were somehow involved, it brings a different sort of tone for the show. Like, it doesn't suit bbt. If they did have kids, they probably will come and go pretty often. As with Friends, they rarely give the kids any storylines.

It can be too rude to have children in it.. unless they took out the rudeness which for some viewers would ruin the show. The one with dennis kim wasn't rude from what I can remember. I would like to see them be in charge of a child for a day.

It might be an interesting concept. I don't recall if there are any rules for having children in the roommate agreement. I could imagine some episodes where Sheldon would have to babysit Penny's or Bernadette's baby though.

I'm positive that's in the roommate agreement considering everything else that is covered. :p

But the idea of either of them ever having a girlfriend was too far fetched for Sheldon to ever include those scenarios in any of the agreement. Contingencies for going to the large hadron collider, for getting super powers, for getting turned into a zombie... but not for having a girlfriend...

If Leonard and Penny will have kids, it would have to be after the show. Leonard and Penny taking their relationship to any further status would mean Leonard would have to move out. I like Leonard and Sheldon as roomies too much.

Howard seems like a natural dad, if any in the group has kids, I'd like it to be him.

No kids! This show is about immature relatively young people with postponed social development. They should grow up first, THEN have kids (off screen after the show ends, or better never - let us remember them as they are and not spoil anything).

Correct me if im wrong Charlie Sheen had a hit tv show with a kid and he had to be the most immature guy you will probably have seen, also the kid who was in two and a half men was a main character and still is so