The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnny-cake

The Venting/Complaining/Whining Thread

I'll start.

WHEN I PULL INTO WHAT IS ESSENTIALLY MY DRIVEWAY, I EXPECT TO ABLE TO PARK A REASONABLE DISTANCE FROM WHAT IS ESSENTIALLY MY HOUSE. IF YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE, LEAVE AT A REASONABLE HOUR, SO THAT THE PEOPLE WHO DOOOOOOOO LIVE HEEEERE, CAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAARK!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go see if the couple that was making out earlier moved their vehicle, so that I can move mine from the BACK of the complex, up to the complex I actually live in.

HAPPY TIME. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_eek:

• Like 2

My sympathies for your crappy day. I'd like to add:

Curse my internet connection! Slow, timing out. Grrrr.

:fi_lone_ranger: This should fill up fast....... :fi_lone_ranger:

:icon_idea: Being offerd a 50 cent refund when a pay phone eats your quarters and they send you a check.

:icon_idea: Finding out your supposed "High Speed" internet is not able to support VuDu 1080p and find out paying for very slow speed hmmm..

:icon_idea: Why are "Animal Crackers" not a cracker but a cookie.

• Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Saturday I saw Avengers on a cinema. Midway through the movie, a woman sitting two seats next to me, pulled out a plastic bag and started searching for something there. One of those LOUD plastic bags. She was at it for a bout 20 freakin' minutes making noise!!! a man from behind her told her "what the hell are you doing? stop it, we're trying to enjoy the movie". She didn't. UGH

...when a pay phone eats your quarters...

I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen a payphone in person.

I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen a payphone in person.

Sorry, that wasn't a complaint - I meant no disrespect to the thread.

Saturday I saw Avengers on a cinema. Midway through the movie, a woman sitting two seats next to me, pulled out a plastic bag and started searching for something there. One of those LOUD plastic bags. She was at it for a bout 20 freakin' minutes making noise!!! a man from behind her told her "what the hell are you doing? stop it, we're trying to enjoy the movie". She didn't. UGH

That is the worst! but the way you tell it, sorry but it's so funny... :icon_lol:

I'm getting kind of huffy because the Google Play store will NOT LOAD ON MY PHONE. What the hell is up with the connection?! I'm receiving data for app use just fine, but I can't update my apps or browse the store. I keep getting a 'connection time out' error. I Googled it, and it's common right now, but that doesn't make me feel better. It's been almost three weeks and I feel like I have been patient LONG ENOUGH. Afskljdfsdl.

Working at a theater and seeing movies almost constantly, I can't stand any of that fracking nonsense. At least be tactful and wait until the LOUD parts of the movie, and still try to be courteous if you MUST rummage through your shit.

I almost NEVER see movies in their first weeks out any more to avoid people. I work at a low traffic theater anyway, so I never see anything opening weekend, and by the time my coworkers and I want to watch stuff, we're usually in the theater with five other people max. Sometimes alone. Only way to do it.

• Like 1

Okay so.....I just went to Mr. Hero to apply there, because I need a second job.

They didn't have actual applications, so they had me write my information down in a notebook. I was more nervous coming out of that place then going in.

It was basically an interview. The lady told me "it's hard working here. It isnt like Giant Eagle, where you check out their groceries and okay get the hell out. It's lot's of work."

And I'm just like

Apparently they just let someone go today because they couldn't handle it. Wtf is this place?

However, she said she would put in a good word for me because I carried myself well and was professional, and seemed to understand what she was saying. Which I did.

If anyone has had an experience like this, good Lord please comfort me.

@earthcake

hmm I don't know if this would help, but a couple of months ago, my office had to be remodelated at work, so meanwhile they gave me a temporary office by the Human Resources area in my company. The walls were pretty thin so I could hear everything.

I kept listening to the woman who made the interviews and she kept kinda "scaring" the applicants, saying stuff like "a lot of people cannot stand the pressure", "it is a very stressful job", "this is a very professional company and the standards are very high" etc.....

I was listening and thinking to myself "what a load of BS" because, really it is really not as bad at all as they said. They were interviewing for tech support agents, and I did that job around 9 years ago, when I began in the company... now I am in another area but I talk to the tech support guys all the time and is nothing at all like that woman kept saying.

Maybe it's an strategy to scare people out, to only keep the ones who are REALLY interested... I dunno, but that's my experience with that at least.

I love not being able to watch a movie rooted in historical events because the filmmakers have to assault me with:

:icon_evil: • pretentious music telling me how awed I should be by the historical significance of the following events (cut to slow-motioned close-ups from the film) and the 'importance' of this production team 'preserving' these events on film.

:icon_evil:• A requisite list of sites, communities, & organizations I should be 'proud' to support so I can do "my part" to keep our legacy from being lost

:icon_evil: • a host of experts, who will appear on the DVDs I need to order, to explain why this film is "our most important effort"

:icon_evil: • and lastly, the great promise-chant-pledge from the creators: "We stand on a wall and say, 'No historical inaccuracies are going to hurt you tonight, not on our watch.'"

And all of this before I even get to the Main Menu! It's not even a part of the 'extras.'

I need to whine about my kids who have been sick for two days now. I don't do vomit but because I am a single Mum I have to, Euuugggg! And to top it off , the dog was sick this morning as well. It can only be a matter of time for me, I feel!

I hate that Channel 11 here in Australia has decided to bump Craig Ferguson to 11.30 or on Monday's to 12am. Seriously I need to write a letter of complaint.

This will be the last post that I make on this site. There is a picture that I saw up on a website from Ethiopia that showed this little boy's wrinkled, emaciated hand in this missionary's big, strong, obviously well-fed hand. The caption read "You hate your life, while other people dream of having it." I sit and read this thread as my husband and I are contemplating what homeless shelter we are going to next because we found out we can't get back into school. Do any of you realize what that is like? Every night I pray that I can have a home and be able to do something as simple as cook my husband a meal. Every night I pray that I can get a car so we don't have to walk everywhere we go because my health is failing. Every night I pray that we can find a job, ANY job, so that we can have an income. We've seen so many dreams of ours go straight down the toilet and we are hanging on by a thread because we are hoping things will change for us. It is not easy wondering where your next meal is coming from or what national forest you can pitch a tent in for two weeks before the cops come and throw you out because of course all homeless people are alike. So as I leave this board, I leave you with a suggestion. Think about it. This is my big bang theory. Peace.

This will be the last post that I make on this site. There is a picture that I saw up on a website from Ethiopia that showed this little boy's wrinkled, emaciated hand in this missionary's big, strong, obviously well-fed hand. The caption read "You hate your life, while other people dream of having it." I sit and read this thread as my husband and I are contemplating what homeless shelter we are going to next because we found out we can't get back into school. Do any of you realize what that is like? Every night I pray that I can have a home and be able to do something as simple as cook my husband a meal. Every night I pray that I can get a car so we don't have to walk everywhere we go because my health is failing. Every night I pray that we can find a job, ANY job, so that we can have an income. We've seen so many dreams of ours go straight down the toilet and we are hanging on by a thread because we are hoping things will change for us. It is not easy wondering where your next meal is coming from or what national forest you can pitch a tent in for two weeks before the cops come and throw you out because of course all homeless people are alike. So as I leave this board, I leave you with a suggestion. Think about it. This is my big bang theory. Peace.

I do wish you all the best, and sincerely hope that something good comes your way soon.

I chickened out. I went to Mr. Hero and told them I found another job.

I have other, easier options. Why go with the hard one? It's only a second job. Something for a little extra.

• Like 1

One guy answered his cell phone in the middle of the theater during a tense scence...and proceeded to inform his buddy on everything that was happening in the movie.

Given that the movie was zombie land... I'm sure I wasn't the only person about to go zombie mob on his ass :p

• Like 1

One guy answered his cell phone in the middle of the theater during a tense scence...and proceeded to inform his buddy on everything that was happening in the movie.

I totally hate those people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....turn your stupid phone off in a movie theatre :icon_mad:

I chickened out. I went to Mr. Hero and told them I found another job.

I have other, easier options. Why go with the hard one? It's only a second job. Something for a little extra.

I think you did the right thing. You trusted your instincts. She probably would have been a nightmare to work for.

The Minnesota Zoo has decided to discontinue their Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin exhibit, because they do not think that they can keep a good social structure with just two dolphins. And apparently it is "very difficult" to bring in dolphins from other parks for their exhibit.

:icon_confused:

Number one, Tom and Misha, two BNDs that were living neglected in Trukey for a ghetto "swim with the dolphins" gig, were recently released into the wild. They are just two bottlenose dolphins. :-\ I never heard anyone say anything about their social structure.

But that's not so much what bothers me. Minnesota Zoo could solve two problems at once if they keep their exhibit. Orlando's Discovery Cove is sickeningly crowded. Look at how many dolphins they have:

http://www.ceta-base.com/phinventory/phins_discoverycove.html

Surely they can spare a few to the Minnesota Zoo.

It just seems a bit silly to me not to take this opportunity to take some dolphins off the hands of DC.

I'm a little sad my study abroad application hasn't gotten to the school yet. I'm applying to a school in London, and I live in California. It was processed out on May 2nd. It must be stuck in customs... ?

I'm a little sad my study abroad application hasn't gotten to the school yet. I'm applying to a school in London, and I live in California. It was processed out on May 2nd. It must be stuck in customs... ?

If it has to go through customs then it's probably been delayed. They're not the quickest. Good luck, where are you applying?

Ugh! The wait for Doctor Who to return :(

tell me about it! :( I am dying here!