The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnny-cake

The Venting/Complaining/Whining Thread

Dear Catweazle :)

She was a baroness after all and the Queen granted the ceremonial funeral for her. Perhaps you're right... it was no fair for the tax payers ;)

Dear Catweazle :)

She was a baroness after all and the Queen granted the ceremonial funeral for her. Perhaps you're right... it was no fair for the tax payers ;)

Correct no fair for the tax payer.

The Queen went due to political politeness. In private the Queen couldn't stand the bitch.

Correct no fair for the tax payer.

The Queen went due to political politeness. In private the Queen couldn't stand the bitch.

Well I never! :o

If it's not one thing it's another. Just got back from my eye appointment to find out that my favorite uncle (earl) was flown to Seattle, he was burning garbage or something in his field and somehow caught on fire. I don't know if wind picked up or what. We don't know anything right now, other than he was burned on 32% of his body.I'd greatly appreciate it if you could send prayers his way, thank you.

Oh heck! :o Am thinking of your Uncle. Prayers and virtual hugs on the way.

This is not a complain...has anyone noticed that CHIT CHAT has been separated from The Games? How that happened? :o

I did notice ! To get back to GAMES you now have to first go to FORUMS then go to GAMES !!

I noticed that too. Just as I was about to click on Games, I suddenly noticed it had been separated from Chit Chat. A few times I've had to stop before clicking. Anyway, I'm not complaining either - I think Tripper wanted to make it a bit easier for us? :)

I noticed that too. Just as I was about to click on Games, I suddenly noticed it had been separated from Chit Chat. A few times I've had to stop before clicking. Anyway, I'm not complaining either - I think Tripper wanted to make it a bit easier for us? :)

Mee too Kitka :(

Never get used to... ;) it's called "conditioning" but I think this way now is better don't you?

Mee too Kitka :(

Never get used to... ;) it's called "conditioning" but I think this way now is better don't you?

It is now I've finally got used to it..! :p

Here is a funny anecdote. The persons in it are pure fiction, and any resemblance to forum members is purely coincidental!

Mr Weasel was entertaining the bishop of Canterbury in the family parlour, in the hopes of getting a better job at the parish.

Of a sudden, his wife peeked in.

'Weasel dear,' said the wife after a short silence.

'Mmmmm?'

'I know I said you should suck up to the holy father in order to have a leg up, but I did not mean literally...'

'Mmmm! Mmmm mmm mmmmm mmm!'

'Pardon dear, did not quite catch that...'

'I just said that I'm a literal person. I mean you know me!'

'Yes. -Well, be that as it may, I'd rather you did not keep my husband up all night, holy father, as he has rather an early morning.'

'Oh, I wish I could keep him up all night,' interjected the bishop with lopsided, weary grin. 'But alas! the long years have taken their toll on my dashing looks and stamina...'

'Nonsense, father,' cajoled Mr Weasel. 'You are still a very handsome feller!'

'Thank you, my son, but we both know that's not true...'

'I swear father, I would not lie to you. I mean look, does this seem like I'm not enthralled by your masculine presence?'

'Dear boy, I'm afraid I cannot tell,' answered the bishop, staring about myopically. 'I left my reading glasses at the cloister, you see, and as a result I'm quite blind.'

'Hey, It's not that small!' crieth Mr Weasel, a tad offended.

'It's the central heating, father,' explained the wife, in an apologetic manner. 'We do not have one. Hence the chilly rooms...'

'Oh, yes, thank you very much,' huffed Mr Weasel. 'Now look at what you're done. I'm completely out of the mood now.'

'Perhaps it's just as well,' said the bishop. 'as I was just leaving...'

'But what of the, um, position?'

'Oh, you shall have it, son' answered the bishop amicably. 'You're just the man for the job: with your, ahem, physique, you're hardly going to hurt the choirboys, what!'

'Oh, come on!!!'

Can't even imagine how much whining i've done around since yesterday (privately not in this forum) I heard news that did upset me profoundly!

Because I do not want to mention names and shame here :ph34r:

Celebrities play to be hero and influence media with their actions just because they have some power we have given them somehow!

Mutilation is something to do as last resort and not as prevention :my:

Celebrities play to be hero and influence media with their actions just because they have some power we have given them somehow!

Well here in the UK many long term celebrites are having their media influenced hero status radically transformed into a limelight of shame and disgrace with the exposure of the sex scandals. It is with the power of the media that they are being exposed.

Jimmy Savile

Rolf Harris

Dave Lee Travis

Bill Roache

Freddie Starr.....To name just a few.

How many more celebrites are worried their past will be exposed by the power of the media who bulit them up!!

Edited by Catweazle

I've heard that there is at least another 5 more big names set to be exposed, personally I feel that there names should not be released unless they are found guilty in a court of law

I can't stop sabotaging myself. Why? So angry at myself right now that I can barely stand it.

@Toad I can sympathise with you. I feel the same way. The problem with me is I know I've got great potential, but I'm afraid of putting myself out there and trying a little more than the bare minimum.

I could kick myself real hard right now.

Well here in the UK many long term celebrites are having their media influenced hero status radically transformed into a limelight of shame and disgrace with the exposure of the sex scandals. It is with the power of the media that they are being exposed.

Yes but personally it feels like they are ripping the fabric of my life to pieces. People should remember what Sheldon said, 'with great power comes great responsibility'. And that includes; TV stars, politicians, bankers, etc.

gaqo quote:

"Yes but personally it feels like they are ripping the fabric of my life to pieces.

People should remember what Sheldon said, 'with great power comes great responsibility'. And that includes; TV stars, politicians, bankers, etc."

So true gaqo! I could not have said it better myself.

(Why don't you take a look at the the CHIT CHAT forum just for fun?)

Edited by wannamaker

I wonder where that quote, really came from? Actually the two I didn't want to know the truth about were; Rolf Harris(although he got four standing ovations, at his show the other day), so people still have faith in him, and John Peel, who still has alot of respect. Great to hear his son on radio, as well! 

I wonder where that quote, really came from? Actually the two I didn't want to know the truth about were; Rolf Harris(although he got four standing ovations, at his show the other day), so people still have faith in him, and John Peel, who still has alot of respect. Great to hear his son on radio, as well! 

Although commonly attributed to Franklin D. Roosevelt or Stan Lee via Ben "uncle of Peter" Parker,  the earliest usage of this phrase can be attributed to Voltaire.