The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnny-cake

The Venting/Complaining/Whining Thread

They just want to see if you are literate and legible, perhaps they've had problems before. Spell check and typed text are as much a curse than a blessing nowadays, makes you lazy (my 9 year old is better at spellings and maths than me, sure this wasn't always true though, I've gone backwards; got brain rot).

Maths at school nowadays just looks darn complicated, nothing like when I was at school back in the day

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 2

True dat ;)

• Like 1

Ugh had standardized testing today. Five hours in a room taking a test and no talking. We couldn't even talk during lunch. And like every Tuesday I had to get up early today for choir UIL practice. Now I have tons of pre calculus homework to do. I mean solving trigonometric equations, that's always fun right?

• Like 1

They just want to see if you are literate and legible, perhaps they've had problems before. Spell check and typed text are as much a curse than a blessing nowadays, makes you lazy (my 9 year old is better at spellings and maths than me, sure this wasn't always true though, I've gone backwards; got brain rot).

Interestingly, my spelling has gotten better since I started using a spell checker, back in the olden days. I got drilled on errors I used to make regularly, but now have corrected those repeated errors. Different errors pop up now and then, but overall it's better

• Like 1

Being late on child support is not an appropriate April Fools joke. Sigh.

i would like to get 8 hours of sleep and not wake up every hour, is that too much to ask???

Sigh, 8 hours would be amazing

Am lucky to get four or five lately and that's in between waking up

I always knew a friend of mine sufferend from depression, but in the last couple of days it came to me that maybe it's orther disorder: she completed flipped out on me. She totally missunderstood my actions, started to scream, say nothing with nothing and talk with all these noises in her speech. I was only trying to apologize for not being so close to her lately (she pushed me aways the last couple months, and when I didn't stay too much around her during parties she accused me of being "digusted" by her - I was only afraid I did something wrong, and she didn't answer any of the times I asked her about it. How could I have know different?). She lost it, completed. She accused me of things that were so out of the real world, like she really believe it. It was extremely out of the normal. 

I got really afraid of her, and still am, actually. Got me thinking of all these scenarios where she would try to assault me in public of something @_@ But i'm also afraid for her: she doesn't believe in therapy or any kinda of treatments, and I'm starting to realize she really needs it. 

I'd like to complain about the people who said they would take some unwanted furniture, I put it out for them to take and they haven't turned up. Thanks for that! lol

Some of the charities will come collect unwanted furniture. British Heart Foundation do, assuming you're in UK that is. :)

Some of the charities will come collect unwanted furniture. British Heart Foundation do, assuming you're in UK that is. :)

I've had trouble with charities aswell. I did one for Help The Aged and they didn't turn up, when I rang up to ask they said keep it in the bag and the van will be round in six weeks. I'm not leaving a bag of stuff in my front garden for six weeks, turn up when you say you're going to! lol

• Like 1

Today I would like to complain about my jackass neighbour who thought it would be funny to laugh when I dropped a heavy object on my foot in the garden today.

I'd also like to complain that I didn't have the lack of patience required to leap the fence and go Karate Kid on their ass!

Today I would like to complain about my jackass neighbour who thought it would be funny to laugh when I dropped a heavy object on my foot in the garden today.

Don't you think that's a bit selfish, wanting to deprive your neigbour from having a laugh?

I'm too far away from London for that to be viable, shame :(

Couldn't you move closer to London?

I've had trouble with charities aswell.

Are you sure it's not the charites that have had trouble with you?

I'm just out fishing. LOL.

Don't you think that's a bit selfish, wanting to deprive your neigbour from having a laugh?

Couldn't you move closer to London?

Are you sure it's not the charites that have had trouble with you?

I'm just out fishing. LOL.

1) I've already got their birthday amusement planned...I'm going to cut my hand off with an electric chainsaw. Can't spoil them too much :)

2) Why didn't I think of that? :p

3) No, they've had ample opportunities to collect stuff :p

Today I'd like to complain about Amazon. I bought some DVDs yesterday with guaranteed delivery tomorrow as part of my Amazon Prime membership. Only they aren't coming tomorrow, because Amazon decided to ship them with DPD, who are not open today, so they can't receive the package at the depot until tomorrow, and then they have to process it, and I won't get it until Tuesday. So much for watching them over the Easter period.

I did enjoy the fact that I posted on the Amazon Facebook page asking them to check whether couriers can match their guaranteed delivery statement, and their choice of action: Delete my post without responding to it. Thanks Amazon!

Don't even get me started on Amazon Prime, and the fact it's going up £30 a year because they've bundled in a streaming service I didn't even ask for! My blood pressure will make my body explode! :(

Although I love my hubby, and won't leave him or cheat on him, I want to find someone more like I read in my romance novels and fan fics.  The saddest part is he knows this is what I want.

• Like 1

Although I love my hubby, and won't leave him or cheat on him, I want to find someone more like I read in my romance novels and fan fics.  The saddest part is he knows this is what I want.

Quit the romance novels, they are just fantasy. Stick to reality or you will end up following silly dreams! Edited by Catweazle

You know that really the romance in those novels and fics is 'hokum' but things get stale, especially when you've got kids and been together a while. I'd say it's a good thing that he knows what you want, not sad. Starting the dialogue to get things going is hard but it seems like he's already clued in.

Your child/children is/are the connection. Whatever fantasy exists in these novels/fics there is only one person in the world who will feel the zeal and unconditional love for your kid(s) that you do, and this connection forms a spiritual bond between you that can't be replicated no matter how romantic or enthusiastic another partner may be.

My suggestion is that you have an affair......with your husband!

It may be that you do all the leg-work in the beginning but if you pay him some attention, he'll get the gist and join in. Flirt, be suggestive, send some filthy texts, build it up even if you're both too knackered at the end of the day to follow it through. Rediscover touching each other, not in a sexual way necessarily, just a stroke on the back as you pass. If it helps, pretend he's your lover, have your own fantasy and importantly, know what works for you, because you can't let him know if you're unsure yourself, perhaps try something new together. Maybe those M rated fics will turn out to be a blessing in disguise and offer some inspiration.

Hugs to you, Thing x