The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnny-cake

The Venting/Complaining/Whining Thread

You know that really the romance in those novels and fics is 'hokum' but things get stale, especially when you've got kids and been together a while. I'd say it's a good thing that he knows what you want, not sad. Starting the dialogue to get things going is hard but it seems like he's already clued in.

Your child/children is/are the connection. Whatever fantasy exists in these novels/fics there is only one person in the world who will feel the zeal and unconditional love for your kid(s) that you do, and this connection forms a spiritual bond between you that can't be replicated no matter how romantic or enthusiastic another partner may be.

My suggestion is that you have an affair......with your husband!

It may be that you do all the leg-work in the beginning but if you pay him some attention, he'll get the gist and join in. Flirt, be suggestive, send some filthy texts, build it up even if you're both too knackered at the end of the day to follow it through. Rediscover touching each other, not in a sexual way necessarily, just a stroke on the back as you pass. If it helps, pretend he's your lover, have your own fantasy and importantly, know what works for you, because you can't let him know if you're unsure yourself, perhaps try something new together. Maybe those M rated fics will turn out to be a blessing in disguise and offer some inspiration.

Hugs to you, Thing x

Thank you ATOB!  <3  <3

We talked last night and he actually mentioned how we used to snuggle and hold hands more often than we do.  We also discussed doing something we haven't done in a long time - having me read to him.  I told him I wanted to read him some of the fan fics so he would know why I love them and how I want to be wooed and he was fine with that.   :girlsigh:

• Like 2

Today I'd like to complain about possibly the most ludicrous rule I've ever come across on a forum. They have an arcade, and they have implemented a rule. If someone posts a high score, you're not allowed to challenge the high score for an hour, if you do you will get warned, restricted, then eventually banned. Challenging scores when they are made is the fundamental nature of arcade games. Absolutely stupid! :angry:

Do 9-year-old boys have a volume other than SCREAM? I swear his voice penetrates walls just like Mrs. Wolowitz!

Do 9-year-old boys have a volume other than SCREAM? I swear his voice penetrates walls just like Mrs. Wolowitz!

Hey, don't age me, I'm 8! :p

And I wasn't screaming...THIS WOULD BE SCREAMING! :p

• Like 1

I am scarred for life... My 2yo son had the worst blow-out diaper in the history of diapers. I had to clean him, his clothes, MY clothes, the floor, the toilet, the shower, and a towel in the wake of this catastrophe... FM, right? :p

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6040A mediante Tapatalk

I am scarred for life... My 2yo son had the worst blow-out diaper in the history of diapers. I had to clean him, his clothes, MY clothes, the floor, the toilet, the shower, and a towel in the wake of this catastrophe... FM, right? :p

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6040A mediante Tapatalk

Stop giving your 2 year old son Chicken Vindaloo curry! :p

Ok, I'm pissed, the two kittens below were left in a carrier, in the empty field next to us, with no food or water. We only found them when we heard them mewing. We've arranged to foster them for a few weeks until they get their shots and can be put up for adoption. Sometimes, I really hate people…..

post-8079-0-44986300-1399000431_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ok, I'm pissed, the two kittens below were left in a carrier, in the empty field next to us, with no food or water. We only found them when we heard them mewing. We've arranged to foster them for a few weeks until they get their shots and can be put up for adoption. Sometimes, I really hate people…..

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

What adorable babies!

As for those jerks that did this to them, I wish for all the tires on their vehicle to blow out.

Anita, did you get the PM?

Yep.  I just need to check with the hubby.  :-) I'll get back to you no later than this weekend.

There is too many fake job leads posted on the internet. Most company's now make you go online to put in an application so its really irritating when you try to fill out applications than call the company the next day and realize they were not actually hiring. Why would anyone do this especially considering how awful the economy is right now? A job is the difference between begging on the street and having a roof over your head. In what way is it funny to give false hope to people? 

Ok, I'm pissed, the two kittens below were left in a carrier, in the empty field next to us, with no food or water. We only found them when we heard them mewing. We've arranged to foster them for a few weeks until they get their shots and can be put up for adoption. Sometimes, I really hate people…..attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Those poor kittens..! Are they alright now?

Those poor kittens..! Are they alright now?

Yeah, they're running around in our spare room. We have to keep them separated from our other cats, until we get the feline leukemia results back. The picture I put up was after we got them settled down. I'll try to get some new pictures up tomorrow.

• Like 3

For those wanting to know how the kittens are doing:

post-8079-0-92892200-1399915626_thumb.jp

BTW, meet Bilbo and Frodo. I caught this when I went in to feed them.

• Like 4

image.jpg

Great names.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I hope the result from the feline leukemia test is negative. What are you doing when not?

I can´t understand people leaving this kittens alone! Great job Tensor!

I hope the result from the feline leukemia test is negative. What are you doing when not?

I can´t understand people leaving this kittens alone! Great job Tensor!

We are keeping them separated from the other cats right now.  They technically belong to the rescue agency now.  They got wormed, a couple of shots.  if the the fe-luk comes back positive, there are very few options.  We will not be able to keep them, and the agency has limited space for ill cats.  They will try to find them homes (and there are some places and individuals who have nothing but fe-luk victims.  But, if they can't find any place for them, they will more than likely be euthanized.  The thought of that breaks my heart, but I can't keep them and risk the health of the other cats we have and I can't keep them separated. 

OK, the kittens had their shots, and were negative for their fe-luk test. On Saturday, they were taken to the store, so prospective owners could see them. Well, we are not in town, but our daughter takes care of the kittens and cats at the store. She said that they were confused on Saturday, but on Sunday and Monday, when she went in to clean the cages and feed the animals, she said they perked up started meowing at her. She wasn't there Tuesday, but she had talked to us and she was sad that the kittens were confused and meowing. Well, my wife and I also were sad. Well, tonight my daughter went to take care of the animals, and the women who runs the program told our daughter that there are 16 more kittens coming, that had been turned in. She asked if we minded if we took them back until they had some more room. Our daughter, my wife and I took this as a sign and now we will be keeping them. Here they are, back home, and, according to my daughter, very happy and running around.

post-8079-0-11930300-1401324934_thumb.jp

post-8079-0-49692100-1401324935_thumb.jp

Here's one more my daughter just sent:

post-8079-0-45872800-1401326259_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Ok, update time. One just got back from having it's stitches out. It had a hernia, a spot on its stomach was poking out. Everything is fine, it's all fixed. So here they are, relaxing in a recliner, they know they have it good.

post-8079-0-11659900-1404160506_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ok, update time. One just got back from having it's stitches out. It had a hernia, a spot on its stomach was poking out. Everything is fine, it's all fixed. So here they are, relaxing in a recliner, they know they have it good.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

They've gotten so big!

I'm so glad One is okay.  :-)

Please allow me to vent/complain....

My son attends a special summer school program for kids with special needs that goes from 8 am-12:30 pm.  I spoke with the school last week and not one person told me he needed to bring lunch. Not.one.  :diablo:  I had put a big bag of goldfish crackers in his backpack but he forgot he had it so when he got to daycare at 1 pm he was starving.  Daycare forgot he was going to be there so they didn't save him a lunch like they were supposed to do.   :girldevil:

Gee, any idea why he went ballistic an hour after he got there?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?   :banghead:  

Add to this I didn't realize him coming off one medication and going on another would cause withdrawal symptoms, so he's going to be the way he was before we started the first medicine before we'll be able to see if the second medicine actually helps him.  God help us all..... 

They've gotten so big!

I'm so glad One is okay.  :-)

One is actually Frodo.  There are so goofy looking right now.  They have these long legs, that carry their short bodies way too far off the ground.  I have a feeling that hese are going to be loooooooonnnnnnngggggg cats.

• Like 1

I need to post a pic of one of our newest ones, Storm.  The kid is on the sofa with a blanket on his legs and she's stretched over them like a spaghetti noodle, lol.