The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnny-cake

The Venting/Complaining/Whining Thread

Yesterday 3 guys saw me on the bus and they followed me. I think they wanted to steel my bag as it was one of those laptop bags (I didn't carry one but I guess they thought I did). I saw them pointing at me, they got off at the same stop. I walked quite fast and got into the super market. They realized I was there and they entered the market and they went to opposite directions and pretended not to know each other. When I went to the cashier one of them came to stand behind me. I paid but the cashier was a bit shocked about an incident that happened a while ago there and after I paid she must have delayed them cause she was talking about it to anothet employee. I realized I had a little time and already having my keys in hand I ran really fast and I reached my house without them following me. It wasn't a big super market so I am puzzled as to why one of them didn't wait outside. I guess I was very very lucky. I have never seen them before and I use the bus so I hope they are not from this area. I don't want to think what would have happened if I didn't realize that they were pointing at me on the bus where they also pretended not to know each other. Thank God I was soo lucky. But I am still a little afraid :(

Yesterday 3 guys saw me on the bus and they followed me. I think they wanted to steel my bag as it was one of those laptop bags (I didn't carry one but I guess they thought I did). I saw them pointing at me, they got off at the same stop. I walked quite fast and got into the super market. They realized I was there and they entered the market and they went to opposite directions and pretended not to know each other. When I went to the cashier one of them came to stand behind me. I paid but the cashier was a bit shocked about an incident that happened a while ago there and after I paid she must have delayed them cause she was talking about it to anothet employee. I realized I had a little time and already having my keys in hand I ran really fast and I reached my house without them following me. It wasn't a big super market so I am puzzled as to why one of them didn't wait outside. I guess I was very very lucky. I have never seen them before and I use the bus so I hope they are not from this area. I don't want to think what would have happened if I didn't realize that they were pointing at me on the bus where they also pretended not to know each other. Thank God I was soo lucky. But I am still a little afraid :(

Oh my god!  I'm so glad you're okay!

That's so scary! I'm glad you're ok. Stay safe!

If anything like that happens again, get the cashier to contact the manager or whoever else is in charge and and have them call the police.    

• Like 1

Thank you guys!!! I still cannot believe my luck!! Thanks for the advice Ten!! I realize I needed a hell out of luck to succed what I did.

Thank you guys!!! I still cannot believe my luck!! Thanks for the advice Ten!! I realize I needed a hell out of luck to succed what I did.

When your safety is at issue, you NEVER want to rely on luck.  You made it through this time, if there is a next time (Hopefully not!!!!) be prepared and have a plan.  

• Like 1

OK, here's one of the kittens, doing his imitation of a pirate's parrot. Sorry it's a bit blurred, my wife got the shot quickly, just in case.

post-8079-0-47178600-1404430418_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Maybe growing up in California spoiled me, but going to the only 4th of July fireworks within an hour drive, I thought it would be at least as good as any I'd been to in California.

Boy was I wrong, it had half the fireworks and half the colors.

Overall getting used to living in Nevada is going to take more getting used to then I first thought !

As you can see, the kittens are having trouble adjusting to their dire circumstances.

post-8079-0-35155800-1404943161_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I'd like to complain about a girl at work, unfortunately I have to sit next to her

Let's describe her as daddys little princess who must never be upset

She is without doubt the stroppiest person I have ever met, she winges and whines about everything, she shouts and swears at her work colleagues and they all seem to enable her behavior, nobody tells her to stfu and she has some oh so witty pearls of wisdom about certain people in the office and in her not so subtle way so will express it loudly

An example

" I'd love to go whale watching but I can do that here with all the fatties"

Oh and she will play practical jokes on people but omfg the meltdown it creates when it happens to her

The only good thing is that she is leaving next week for bigger and better things

Edited by rachelshamyfan

I have been having driving lessons for a few weeks now (had some last year but had a bad instructor so took a break)

My driving has been fantastic, my new instructor is great\ and I have a lot of confidence. But since I booked the test my driving has just got terrible and terrible!! All I think about is the test and I might have to change my test date if things don't improve, its so frustrating!! :cray:

You must've been so scared! *hug*

So, I had an emotional meltdown over the weekend (seriously, I need to check my calendar).

My 13 year old son has discovered Queen.  I am thrilled, I love Queen.  So I loan him my greatest hits cds and we have watched the odd video via You Tube.  He also knows how Freddie died, I told him when he asked about it  as frankly as i could.

He came to me and said that he heard there was a video that Queen did right before Freddie died (The Show Must Go On).  He asked if we could watch it - I told him it was really sad and will be hard.

I have not watched that video since it originally aired and it slammed me like a ton of bricks.  I started bawling moments after the video started.  My son stared at the images in shock.

It was rough and really put me through the wringer.  

Am I nuts? 

So, I had an emotional meltdown over the weekend (seriously, I need to check my calendar).

My 13 year old son has discovered Queen.  I am thrilled, I love Queen.  So I loan him my greatest hits cds and we have watched the odd video via You Tube.  He also knows how Freddie died, I told him when he asked about it  as frankly as i could.

He came to me and said that he heard there was a video that Queen did right before Freddie died (The Show Must Go On).  He asked if we could watch it - I told him it was really sad and will be hard.

I have not watched that video since it originally aired and it slammed me like a ton of bricks.  I started bawling moments after the video started.  My son stared at the images in shock.

Am I nuts? 

not at all!!!  I could totally understand!!!!

Kitten update time. Got their rabies shots and the vet says they are doing quite well. As to the rest, remember, they just turned four months old.

This is Bilbo, he weighs 6lbs 1oz(2.7 kilos). His tail is 11 1/2 long. My shoe there is a US men's size 10.

post-8079-0-69915000-1406658283_thumb.jp

This is Frodo, he is the same height and length, but is a couple ounces lighter at 5 lbs 15 oz. His tail is "only" 10 1/2 inches long. Remember, they are only four months old. Note the paw size. They've pretty much settled in, as you can see. :)

post-8079-0-15326400-1406658721_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Vent: i am currently on forced vacation (daycare is closed) with a feisty 5 year old, demonic 3 year old and loveable but naive and manchildish husband. Its been a long week already and now i have to brace myself for a four day adventure known as a first time tent camping experiment over the coming long weekend....i'm not going to make it with my sanity intact guys....

Help me....

(At least i have my LA trip for 8.02 to keep me sane....but still...)

My 13 year old son has discovered Queen. I am thrilled, I love Queen. So I loan him my greatest hits cds and we have watched the odd video via You Tube. He also knows how Freddie died, I told him when he asked about it as frankly as i could.

He came to me and said that he heard there was a video that Queen did right before Freddie died (The Show Must Go On). He asked if we could watch it - I told him it was really sad and will be hard.

I have not watched that video since it originally aired and it slammed me like a ton of bricks. I started bawling moments after the video started. My son stared at the images in shock.

Am I nuts?

These are the days of our lives is the song and I cant listen or watch it anymore because its just too sad

But its great your son has discovered the best band ever!™

There are some scumbags in this world

Last night in Manchester a 14 year old boy deliberately set fire to a dog rescue centre killing 60 dogs, he's been arrested but no doubt will just get a youth referral order, scumbag deserves more than that

The good thing that came out of the awfulness was that over 150 dogs were saved and 100s general public turned up to help take the dogs to other rescue centre and £150,000 in donations were made overnight

Edited by rachelshamyfan

It was hot all day and now it's raining and I don't have an umbrella!!! I hope the bus will be here soon!!

I'm really nervous, I have my first Kung Fu test today, and there's a bunch of stuff I have to remember, but mainly I am nervous because there will be four judges judging me. It's so much pressure, and I get so anxious when I'm being tested - usually mess things up :/

EDIT: I PASSED!

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy

So haven't posted much in past couple of days as I've been completely devastated by the lose of my fur baby Bubba. Some of you know he was having heath problems. Took him to the vet a while back for sedated Xrays, and due to his anxiety kicking in his adrenaline they could not sedate him. I had to go pick him up still sedated but not coherent. He was unable to walk, had no control over bodily functions, and at 100lb It wasn't easy to move him out of the backseat of my car. I  

let him rest for a few days after all that, and found a new vet. New vet agreed with old that it sounded like it was his heart, and he wanted to sedate him and get Xrays. However, his heart was so enlarged, that the medication to sedate him put him into cardiac arrest. I am just completely lost and numb.  He was such a good boy, If you would have met him you'd know how cruelly poetic it is that he died because his heart was to big....

DSCF0662.jpg

Edited by EvilStewie