The Venting/Complaining/Whining Thread

johnny-cake

Study tells that 99.9% of humans believe they are monitored by invisible beings (ghosts, spirits, djinns, gods, whatever) 24 hours a day, evry day.

Now, a belief that you are watched by invisible beings is a sign of sctizophrenia.

And as the belief is so widespread, this means humans are scitzophrenic on the genetic level!

So, we are all MAD!

It is in our genes!

You cannot avoid it!

MAD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

• Like 1

I can't wait to have a job with minimal human interaction. Customers, clients, patients, WHATEVER you want to call them, are a nightmare.

"Hell is other people" - Sartre

I agree completely. I got my graduate degree in library science last year, and I'm still in search of the job of my dreams: lone arranger in an archive. It's one of the most solitary jobs out there: quiet office in the basement, the occasional phone call but mostly just you, the historical documents, and your radio/iPod. I love history... I find people so much more interesting when they're dead.

I would gladly take your rain from you, earthcake, if only I could. We have finally, FINALLY slipped into a beautiful autumn after the most brutally hot, drought-stricken summer in recent memory. The whole state was up in flames at various points and I was sick to death of summer somewhere around July 15th. We have at last been graced with a little rain in the last couple of weeks and it's almost funny to see the earth just drink it up. My dead, yellow straw lawn is finally showing some signs of life... three weeks before we get our first snow. :p

Gripe: something's wrong with my internet connection, it keeps cutting out for no discernible reason and it's really starting to tick me off.

Edited by Europa

I am supposed to be taking a test concerning fatty acid chains and COOH and CH(3) but my Teach is having problems posting the test. And I went to campus and took my Maths test Thursday and it still has yet to be graded. I've been obsessively checking my grades online every 4 minutes. Not good.I may have to take my OCD pills for a while after this weekend...

POST ALREADY DAMNIT !!!!

Tugh !

neH Heghlu'meH !

ghuy' !!!!!!

I am supposed to be taking a test concerning fatty acid chains and COOH and CH(3) but my Teach is having problems posting the test. And I went to campus and took my Maths test Thursday and it still has yet to be graded. I've been obsessively checking my grades online every 4 minutes. Not good.I may have to take my OCD pills for a while after this weekend...

POST ALREADY DAMNIT !!!!

Tugh !

neH Heghlu'meH !

ghuy' !!!!!!

yIghoSDo' toad!

"Hell is other people" - Sartre

I agree completely. I got my graduate degree in library science last year, and I'm still in search of the job of my dreams: lone arranger in an archive. It's one of the most solitary jobs out there: quiet office in the basement, the occasional phone call but mostly just you, the historical documents, and your radio/iPod. I love history... I find people so much more interesting when they're dead.

I'm studying LIbrarianship and Corp Information Management at Uni part time, it's going to take me years and years, but I have to agree with you 100% that lone arranger in an archive sounds like my dream job.

I def agree @Nutboy (EEk!)

Ok so I took my tests which I usually PANIC at, and did better than I thought: 92% on Math, 90% on Nutrition.

Plus Psychology,Anatomy,physiology etc coming up soon.

EEK !!!!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

:icon_eek:

I mean, apparently everyone does their worst on their first test in Nutrition, so there's hope for me after all !!!!

So why is this in the venting/whining thread?

Because I am VERY disappointed on my Math grade,though. I can do quadratic equations that include square roots and fractions in my HEAD.

This brings my grades down to 99% in Composition, 94% in Calculus,and 89% in Nutrition.

A 'B' IN NUTRITION?!?!?!?

AaARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I may not be on here as much as I obviously need to study.

*SIGH*

I am trying to achieve a double doctorate (yes,you read that right) so my grades are REALLY REALLY important to me...plus my OCD doesn't help :icon_redface:

So yeah....

A aARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :icon_mad:

PS I decided my degrees are:

Doctorate in Nursing Medicine (and) Doctorate in Pathology, studying mainly in Surgical pathology and a minor (Master's ) in anatomy.

Yay!

Edited by ToadTheWetSprocket

You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to.

I wish I had your problems.

When I took the SAT test in high school I got a 99.9% in Abstract Reasoning (top 1 % of the students in the USA). Any type of puzzle was easy for me. Since my health problem, I feel like CHARLIE in FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON at the end of the book (and/or movie). I know/remember what I used to be able to do and know I will never be able to get back to that place again.

At least I Fooled the Drs. and left the hospital ALIVE.

• Like 2

Flowers for Algernon is an AMAZINGLY good book !

I feel displaced where I am.I passed 100% on the reading section of the placement test for college, to determine what classes I'd be in.Needless to say, I am not required to enroll in Reading Classes. And I am top of of my English/Composition class. I was in College-level Literature my Sophomore year in high school.

I had a 110% in Calculus before my test, for one thing. I love doing math and math problems, and I have recently stopped 'wasting' my money on Sudoku books, forgoing them for online Sudoku.This also includes 'Monster Sudoku' and 'Killer Sudoku'.

I excel in word problems, Cryptoquips,anagrams, crossword puzzles, etc.

I have problems with social skills, especially knowing what people want me to say and how to NOT hurt someone's feelings. So I generally keep my mouth shut,so I am considered 'loner', 'weirdo' ,etc.I can sympathize with Sheldon alot when it comes to social aspects.

I know I am capable of doing more but I am not sure how, because my own personality is holding my self back.

FFA is a great book, and I know I'm nothing like Charlie, but it gets real hard sometimes to KNOW I was so good at something and have lost it forever. It was the 1 thing I was Really good at. I used to do Sukodu in pen, now I can't do them because I get too frustrated.

PS Just remember you have a good man who believes in you (and your husband,too). Nobody else should matter. A person should consider themselves lucky if they have one true friend. For me that's my wife, for you it should be your husband.

• Like 1

Flowers for Algernon is an AMAZINGLY good book !

I feel displaced where I am.I passed 100% on the reading section of the placement test for college, to determine what classes I'd be in.Needless to say, I am not required to enroll in Reading Classes. And I am top of of my English/Composition class. I was in College-level Literature my Sophomore year in high school.

I had a 110% in Calculus before my test, for one thing. I love doing math and math problems, and I have recently stopped 'wasting' my money on Sudoku books, forgoing them for online Sudoku.This also includes 'Monster Sudoku' and 'Killer Sudoku'.

I excel in word problems, Cryptoquips,anagrams, crossword puzzles, etc.

I have problems with social skills, especially knowing what people want me to say and how to NOT hurt someone's feelings. So I generally keep my mouth shut,so I am considered 'loner', 'weirdo' ,etc.I can sympathize with Sheldon alot when it comes to social aspects.

I know I am capable of doing more but I am not sure how, because my own personality is holding my self back.

But as Sheldon would say... "Where's the challenge?" if you were to always maintain a perfect grade? Have you thought about studying Cryptography/cryptanalysis for a hobby?

There is not too much call for cryptography/cryptoanalysis except for law-related work. The US is in more of a police state now than anything else,it seems, and I disagree with SO much going on.So that's a 'no' for me.

I HAVE considered it,though.

As for all A's,I do it for two reasons: 1) To be top of my class, and have the most opportunities in my education and 2) for my OCD (my OCD likes making lists too! :icon_mrgreen: )

Nutboy--Thank you.

I do my Sudoku in ink pen but I am always afraid I am going to wake up one day, and be unable to do them :icon_eek: I guess I am afraid of my impending age.My eyes get worse and worse every type I get my eyes checked, and I am already not allowed to drive at night (which is good, since I don't drive unless I ABSOLUTELY have to,in emergencies,etc)..

My husband and kids cheer me on yet I still have doubts.

I am still a mess.

And I have dishes to do (I let greasy plates sit in water that has now gone cold...GAH :icon_mad: ).

PS Eddie===LOVE your avatar ! I wrote a paper on the Higgs-Boson particle not too long ago !

~Laura~

Thank you for reminding me about the dishes in my sink. i SHOULD have just enough time to wash them before I have to pick up my wife from work.

PS It was a HUGE shock for me when I realized I had lost (a lot) of what made me, me. The Drs. won't let me take the tests I want to take to see how bad I've gotten. They are afraid I will get more wacked out if I knew (stupid, ya think). The ONE thing that has gotten me through this is my belief in GOD and JESUS. With GOD I'm content with whatever happens. After all I feel like I'm on borrowed time anyway. Gotta du dishes!!!

Trouble with people today is, they do not read the Bible!

And therefore, they fall easy prey to every false preacher out there.

IMO, you should check everything a preacher says, with the help of the Bible.

Personally, I've even caught Billy Graham Ministeries misquoting the Bible on purpose, on their sunday morning radio show, to manipulate people into giving them money.

And this really happened.

Which just goes to show, only reliable religious source is the Bible.

What? I was not talking about religion here, I was talking about a book, so you cannot delete this!

Did you know that Mitt Romney is one of those scrupulous men, who buy companies, rip them apart, and the sell those parts for profit.

In consequence, mitt Romney has caused thousands of people to lose their jobs.

And now Romney promises to create 10 milllion new jobs if he is elected!

Yeah, right...

Worrying part is, people of america actually believe him and hail him like the second coming!

ahhhhh so frustrated right now!!

Earlier this year I bough tickets to my favourite band's concert who I'm gonna be seeing in November. I brought general admission and it has always been a dream of mine to touch the rail at the front while I see the band. Now I feel like that will never happen :( :(

The tickets sold out early and I only managed to get one ticket. Which means I will be going alone and I don't know anyone else who is going to the concert. I don't mind standing in the line, I will camp overnight if it takes to be at the front. But being alone means I can't step out of the line..and how the hell am I supposed to do that? I don't have super bladder control and I can't go on that all day without drinking water. ARGH.

People told me make friends with someone I meet. But I find this incredibly hard to do, in my past concert experiences the people around me seem to be either obnoxious douchebags or I'm surrounded by couples who don't interact with anyone else. I'm just bad at making conversation with strangers, so this is not gonna work. What the hell am I supposed to do now?

Damn it I feel so stressed, like my hair is about to fall out or something.

Did you know that Mitt Romney is one of those scrupulous men, who buy companies, rip them apart, and the sell those parts for profit.

In consequence, mitt Romney has caused thousands of people to lose their jobs.

And now Romney promises to create 10 milllion new jobs if he is elected!

Yeah, right...

Worrying part is, people of america actually believe him and hail him like the second coming!

Um, not all of us.

Sherminator, I like a lot of your posts but you have a tendency to generalize about the US and its people to a degree that can be kind of insulting. I get that you don't think highly of us, and that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but what's the purpose in saying inflammatory things other than to piss people off? :/

I'm_not_crazy you could maybe recruit a friend to hang out with you in line. A well-placed bribe of dinner and drinks may do it... otherwise I think you'd better just accept that you'll have to wait till next time for the awesome upfront seats you want. What's the band?

Edited by Europa

Russia: We caught an orca so we can sell it to a brand spankin new marine park, for now it's just gonna sit in this little sea pen alone while we feed it.

PETA: OMG A CAPTIVE BORN WHALE AT SEA WORLD GOT HIS CHIN CUT ON SOMETHING, WE DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW, BUT LET'S GO TAKE TOOOONS OF PICTURES AND MAKE IT LOOK REEEEALLY BAD! IT'S HEALING? LET'S NOT TELL ANYONE THAT.

Orca in Russia: .......................

I don't know where you live but in California I've (almost) always can get tickets on line. just type in your bands name and the word tickets. you'll probably have to pay WAY more but it should work. Hope that helps.

Yeh you're right it has happened with every gig I went to, but there is a special "anti-scalping notice" thats been promoted across the bands website and the ticket website, this has stopped people from selling their tickets.

Um, not all of us.

Sherminator, I like a lot of your posts but you have a tendency to generalize about the US and its people to a degree that can be kind of insulting. I get that you don't think highly of us, and that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but what's the purpose in saying inflammatory things other than to piss people off? :/

I'm_not_crazy you could maybe recruit a friend to hang out with you in line. A well-placed bribe of dinner and drinks may do it... otherwise I think you'd better just accept that you'll have to wait till next time for the awesome upfront seats you want. What's the band?

I will try doing that but the timing of the concert falls during my school exams, and so all my friends will staying home and studying hard- so its unlikely that they will agree. The band is Radiohead, who are extremely popular and so I have to get there as soon as possible.

Yeh you're right it has happened with every gig I went to, but there is a special "anti-scalping notice" thats been promoted across the bands website and the ticket website, this has stopped people from selling their tickets.

Have you tried places like ticket-tron and the like?