The Venting/Complaining/Whining Thread

johnny-cake

I love the snow!

My town loves the snow!

The ski resorts near me love the snow!

EVERYBODY loves the money the Flatlanders bring!

What I can't stand are the Flatlanders themselves!

Yesterday we went down the hill to do some CHRISTmas shopping. We started up the hill after dark. It NORMALLY takes 15-20 minutes to get home. It took 1 1/2 hours! At first we thought there might be an accident but NOOO, it was the Flatlanders thinking that the HUGE signs saying CHAINS REQUIRED, 4 WHEEL DRIVE OK, MUST CARRY CHAINS has to be for EVERYBODY else.

When they finally start slippen' an'a slidin' they either TRY to turn around (on a small 2 lane road) or WORSE they stop where they are and NOW start putting on chains (still a 2 lane road)!! They have passed many turnouts where they COULD have put on the chains instead of blocking the lane.

At this point some of the Locals (heading home) get P!$$ED off and tell the Flatlanders (very nicely) how they feel about having some stupid SOB blocking the lane. This leads the stupid SOB to tell the Local why the rules/regulations don't apply to them. This usually leads to the "bird" being flipped.This can and has caused fighting (now in both lanes) which slows EVERYBODY down even more.

In the 12 years we've lived up here, I have been hit 3 times in the back bumper. ALL because of Flatlanders not having ANY common sense (or having the ability to drive). Or even caring about EVERYBODY else on the road 

For those Flatlanders that don't end up in a ditch (OH YES THE TOW TRUCK DRIVERS LOVE THE SNOW TOO) and FINALLY end up in town (some STILL slippen' an'a sliden') they find a place to park. Usually blocking the road, a driveway, taking up 2 spaces, or any other place they can become a nuisance for EVERYBODY else. 

Once parked they tend to shop in our little town for things they forgot, winter shoes, winter gloves, winter beanies, sleds, food, diapers, etc. And in return for our services, as a reminder of them gracing us with their very being, they leave their presents of broken sleds, empty food containers, and full diapers everywhere for EVERYBODY else to dispose of! 

THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING,

Mike

PS If you are offended by the term Flatlander,or if this story sounds like something you've done, don't worry, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about EVERYBODY else.

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 2

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Maybe it is because I studied Graphic Design for a few years before I switched to Physics, but, really, most of Physic's books design, even nowadays is just awful, awful, awful. I purchased a book online and received it today. The cover is horrible, with a font and a color combination I wouldn't be caught dead using, and the font and titles inside the book make it unreadable. Yuck!

How do I turn off viewing other members' signatures?!?  They are driving me batcrap crazy.  I know IPboard has the feature but I have been looking for 10 minutes and I cannot find it anywhere.  Please don't tell me it is not an option here.

How do I turn off viewing other members' signatures?!?  They are driving me batcrap crazy.  I know IPboard has the feature but I have been looking for 10 minutes and I cannot find it anywhere.  Please don't tell me it is not an option here.

- Go to your profile page

- there is a button at the top left corner "Edit my profile"

- click the "ignore preferences" option and check the  "Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages"

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

- Go to your profile page

- there is a button at the top left corner "Edit my profile"

- click the "ignore preferences" option and check the  "Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages"

Thank you very much.  IPB used to be a forum settings area where you could control how many topics per page and replies per page and it was in there.  Since some recent updates things have been moved around.

No offense to anyone but scrolling and scrolling past large signatures is a pain in the rear.

• Like 1

Thank you very much.  IPB used to be a forum settings area where you could control how many topics per page and replies per page and it was in there.  Since some recent updates things have been moved around. No offense to anyone but scrolling and scrolling past large signatures is a pain in the rear.

No worries - I'm not offended... :) I looked in there and didn't realize it! *facepalm* Anyway, I've only got a little sig. :D

No worries - I'm not offended... :) I looked in there and didn't realize it! *facepalm* Anyway, I've only got a little sig. :D

If they only appeared one time per thread I wouldn't mind seeing them.  Some of them are very creative but there are times the ratio of posted text to signatures is heavliy weighed on the signatures.

• 3 weeks later...

Mr Putin is getting more like Stalin every day.

I mean these days he has the Russian media in very tight grip.

They even fabricate news in the Kremlin, and then put the media to broadcast these false news!

Why? -to make russians believe that all is well in Russia and that all other countries are full of evil.

Nasty business. How will it end?

I have the flu the worst I have ever head...started Wed night vomiting....then headache, runny nose, high fever (well, up to 102.9 ...I had higher than 105 and,consequently,febrile seizures, when I was younger), dizziness, chills,sharp pain in my ribs,bathroom...issues,vomiting (still)  and I could ONLY keep water  -and that's just barely -down until about 10 am today, UGH.

I did not get the flu shot as most of those who get sick with this pandemic flu going 'round have had their flu shot....so what's the point taking it? It's just going to create a super-bug......*bitchmoan*

Edited by MrsToad

I have the flu the worst I have ever head...started Wed night vomiting....then headache, runny nose, high fever (well, up to 102.9 ...I had higher than 105 and,consequently,febrile seizures, when I was younger), dizziness, chills,sharp pain in my ribs,bathroom...issues,vomiting (still)  and I could ONLY keep water  -and that's just barely -down until about 10 am today, UGH.

I did not get the flu shot as most of those who get sick with this pandemic flu going 'round have had their flu shot....so what's the point taking it? It's just going to create a super-bug......*bitchmoan*

I hope you are well for school. I (hope?) I'm well enough to "DOO" my thing on Tuesday. As of now I'm able to stay out of the hospital (but it was close).

It's probably some kind of experimental virus that was accidentally let loose from a secret bioweapons factory in Siberia.

-Russian covernment denies any and all knowledge, of course!

I hate the way Children are nowadays. They think they are the boss and they shout everybody: relatives and non-relatives. They impose their desires in a very hard way stepping on/replying in a hard way to everybody, even adults they don´t know.

I hate the way Children are nowadays. They think they are the boss and they shout everybody: relatives and non-relatives. They impose their desires in a very hard way stepping on/replying in a hard way to everybody, even adults they don´t know.

So with you there! Here in Finland, it is against the law even to give kids a slap around the ears when they do something wrong!

-I mean how to disciple kids if you cannot slap them a bit (and rather gently too...)

Not good. Only way to teach kids right and wrong is by price and punishment. Animals do it that way, like bears bite their cubs if they are nasty. And as humans are animals too, we learn the same way...