The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnny-cake

The Venting/Complaining/Whining Thread

That law is here too. But I think it is not only the lack of punishment... It is the way parents act infront of their Children too My cousin has two girls, 4 and 5/6 years old, and sometimes she (my cousin) is complaining very sad that now she cannot go to the beach (she loves beach) because her kids don´t want to go to the beach when they are "busy" playing in the garden! Then my cousin only sit in bad mood on the sofa and watch TV.

WHAT IS THIS????

When I was a kid, and I was playing, then my mother was calling me like: come! I will put swiming suit on you! We are going to the beach!

And that was the end of the story. But I can see now parents are asking all and everything to small kids and doing as per their choice only. And some kids are very bad manners. parents forget to teach them how to act in society. They are the same at home and outside with strange people.

I hate the way Children are nowadays. They think they are the boss and they shout everybody: relatives and non-relatives. They impose their desires in a very hard way stepping on/replying in a hard way to everybody, even adults they don´t know.

Spare the rod and spoil the child..... The problem is lack of discipline.

I hate when people bring small kids to Cinema for watching adult´s films, then those kids become boring after 5 minutes and start to talk and talk in loud voice and nobody stop them and they keep themselves talking and talking with their sharp- loud voices and this remain in all the film and nobody stop them because "Children should not be stopped" but they don´t go off either.

And I hate when some people tell me I don´t like Children because this disturb me!!!!! When I go to Cinema to watch animation films (yes, I like) then the room is full of kids and they laugh and more because of the film and I like this, I feel this is part of the environment to have kids laugh if I go to see this type of films.

Edited by Lissie

One mistake many young parents do these days, they try to be their kid's best friends.

-And they should be the parents! You know, someone the kid can look up to, and someone who sets the rules...

• Like 2

If I have to go through this two or three more times before I actually find the man I will spend my life with, the world can forget it. Even if it only lasts a while, why would anyone want to go through this? To find love? As if it’s such a wonderful thing?

• Like 1

If I have to go through this two or three more times before I actually find the man I will spend my life with, the world can forget it. Even if it only lasts a while, why would anyone want to go through this? To find love? As if it’s such a wonderful thing?

At 21 years of age you are barely of of childhood. Don't bend to peer pressure, don't rush, don't act without consideration, always seek good advise.... Don't seek, let it find you.

Something I cannot stand is like others before me is again about children. The worst thing I feel about Education these days is it is making children feel as though they can do no wrong. (That whole: Everybody gets a prize; everybody is a winner --- bullshite!) This is turn builds adults who feel like they cannot be judged to be incompetent or lacking of any sort of ability to be in the wrong, ever.

And the arrogance! I do not wonder at all why these kids are so arrogant: First they are told that they are never wrong, then they are told they can basically make their own choices and parents nor teachers nor any other adult can tell them to start behaving and last they are told that their parents cannot spank them and if they do they can be turned over to Child Services. All of these things makes kids to be selfish and arrogant as hell.

Last month I was watching PBS in the afternoon while being ill and there was some programme about Education that went into classrooms. Curious I stayed on the channel and sort of got excited because when I was a child I loved school.

This episode had a bunch of students given three words and asked, "What do these (three) words mean to you? What do you think actually mean?" The students then broke into small groups and talked about the words. All fun. Some of the things the children thought the words meant were really funny and I laughed. At the end of the Group Talk they came back together and shared what they all thought the words meant.

Here is where I had the problem: At the end they decided to make up their own definition of the words! Whoa!  WTF? I recall the days of stupidity when educators and parents decided "Nobody should be criticized because it breaks down a child's self esteem," but COME ON! This was getting ridiculous!

All I could think was: "Here is a dictionary kids! Now look up the definitions of these words! Now that definition is what they actually mean!" And, "Since when does defining a word become something a person chooses?" My gods! This is the reason we have flipping dictionaries!

The last thing I thought was about how badly these kids are going to turn out. I mean the narcissism of a person who was always told that they are Always right...

I just have to vent right quick.

A few years ago I had a group of friends that I would hang out with all the time. Then one of the girls (we'll call her Alyssa) started having a problem with my best friend (we'll call her Tessa) so we were excluded from the group. A year later, Alyssa doesn't have a problem with Tessa anymore. But one of the girls (we'll call her Melia) has parties and get-togethers all the time and me and Tessa still aren't invited. Today was her birthday and me and Tessa weren't invited to her party. It just really frustrates me that I feel like I only have like 3 or 4 friends left and I have no idea what happened. 

I'm very ready to graduate and hopefully make new friends. But what if I can't? Ugh. 

My PC game just went off for no apparent reason today, and I was doing extremely well in it. How annoying.

MISS SHIRE,

I may not ever been a teenage girl, but I have lived through being a teenager.

It's better to have just 1 or 2 CLOSE friends that you can count on for anything, than to have a lot of fair weather friends that don't count for anything.

I have also learned the less you try to make friends, the more friends you make

I remember how hard it was being a teenager, but the good news is that you WILL outgrow it!.

My wife* wants me to add that you always need to be true to yourself. Don't EVER compromise yourself, because you are unique and special just the way you are.

*Any time I talk about something personal like this I ALWAYS talk it over with my wife first

I hope This helps,

Mike.

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1

If I knew an easy way to to get through what your going through I'd have Billions of dollars.

But since I don't, words will have to do.

No matter what it looks like, EVERYONE has to go what you're going through. Maybe not exactly the same but EVERYONE hurts sometimes.

There is a bright future for you.

YOU CAN DO IT!

• Like 1

I just have to vent right quick.

A few years ago I had a group of friends that I would hang out with all the time. Then one of the girls (we'll call her Alyssa) started having a problem with my best friend (we'll call her Tessa) so we were excluded from the group. A year later, Alyssa doesn't have a problem with Tessa anymore. But one of the girls (we'll call her Melia) has parties and get-togethers all the time and me and Tessa still aren't invited. Today was her birthday and me and Tessa weren't invited to her party. It just really frustrates me that I feel like I only have like 3 or 4 friends left and I have no idea what happened. 

I'm very ready to graduate and hopefully make new friends. But what if I can't? Ugh. 

I think if it is important enough to get frustrated over it is important enough to just ask Melia what the deal is.  Tell her you fully appreciate that she can invite who she wants but that you wish you could have joined in her birthday celebration.  She might have just gotten out of the habit or she may have never liked you or Tessa that much in the first place.  As long as you are prepared for a negative answer I think you are better off knowing. 

I believe in leaving as few regrets as you can as you walk through life.  Live as boldly as you can.  Life will smack you in the face at times but when you get older you will look back with pride. 

Also, you have already proven you can make friends.

• Like 1

I think if it is important enough to get frustrated over it is important enough to just ask Melia what the deal is.  Tell her you fully appreciate that she can invite who she wants but that you wish you could have joined in her birthday celebration.  She might have just gotten out of the habit or she may have never liked you or Tessa that much in the first place.  As long as you are prepared for a negative answer I think you are better off knowing. 

I believe in leaving as few regrets as you can as you walk through life.  Live as boldly as you can.  Life will smack you in the face at times but when you get older you will look back with pride. 

Also, you have already proven you can make friends.

I thought about asking her about it but I'm not sure if it's worth it to try to keep her as a friend. She has changed a lot in the past year and it isn't for the better. She's been one of my friends since elementary school so it's a sad loss but I don't know if it's a bad thing that we've grown apart. I'm definitely gonna think about it some more though. 

I thought about asking her about it but I'm not sure if it's worth it to try to keep her as a friend. She has changed a lot in the past year and it isn't for the better. She's been one of my friends since elementary school so it's a sad loss but I don't know if it's a bad thing that we've grown apart. I'm definitely gonna think about it some more though. 

Not every friendship stays healthy, that is for sure.  I had a friend who I stood by until it was obvious he was not going to change. I gave him counsel that he was off the rails but we are responsible for the message not the outcome.  5 years later and he had reverted back into a friend again.  Life changes people for the better and for the worse and sometimes back again.

My general advice to you is the same as all young people:  Seek wisdom as strongly as you seek education.   A smart person can do math, a wise person can navigate life.

Edited by Ar Diem
  • Like 1

At 21 years of age you are barely of of childhood. Don't bend to peer pressure, don't rush, don't act without consideration, always seek good advise.... Don't seek, let it find you.

This is true.

My dog has vomited on the kichen floor.

I feel your pain: my cat's barfed on both lounge windowsills, the couch (and crapped on it), various parts of the carpet, a bed, in her food and water bowls and pissed in a leather jacket.

• Like 1

I feel your pain: my cat's barfed on both lounge windowsills, the couch (and crapped on it), various parts of the carpet, a bed, in her food and water bowls and pissed in a leather jacket.

Time for a new cat!!

Time for a new cat!!

:p Thanks for the suggestion, Catweazle, but I love her too much to get rid of her..! :)