What's up with Will Wheaton?

garyp

I hope no one else has started a thread like this. I didn't see one.

What is Wheaton's deal? He lied to Sheldon about his grandmother and made him lose the card game. Then he seemed to become a friend but then he broke up Leonard and Penny just to win a bowling tournament. Then he attends the stag party and posts the video of Howard's roast and gets Howard in trouble. He also lords it over Sheldon when he gets into the movie theater. Does Wheaton hate Sheldon and everyone associated with him or is he just a jerk?

I wondered the same thing. I think Wheaton has seen his share of Star Trek "geeks" and has become unsympathetic to their fandom. I would have gone with 'jerk' except that Will did give him a mint TNG action figure so I don't think he hates Sheldon, but razzes him same as Leonard or the others would.

Wil Wheaton was Sheldon's nemesis because Sheldon decided he was. He didn't know who the heck this guy was, speaking in Klingon and saying 'now fetch me Wil Wheaton'? You have things out of sequence.

Shedlon hated Wil before they meet because he failed to show up to a Star Trek signing when he was a child. He was acting crazy at the card game and Wil said 'whats wrong with that guy?'.

The bowling episode was an extension of that feud that Sheldon started that night.

I think you missed the episode when they go to Wil's party and he apologised about the signing. He must have worked out somewhere along the line that Sheldon is just 'different' and not a dick.

As for the video, I don't think he intended to upset Bernie. That episode was a waste of the actors time. I like Wil as Sheldon's nemesis the best. Sheldon is so innocent and Wil really knows how to play the villian. It's a shame they resolved this storyline because I don't know if he will be back now.

like Moonbase said, you may have missed the episode when Sheldon & Wil "make up" and become friends.

yes, Wil Wheaton was intentionally a jerk to Sheldon (& the guys),

but he invited them to his party, where Leonard & Sheldon became friends with him.

as for putting the videos online, he was taping everyone's speeches. just like most people do nowadays, it went on the internet.

Folks, I saw the episode with Wil's party. That's what is confusing me.

The sequence is confusing.

He trashes Sheldon at the card game. I can see that as a joke on someone that is so intense like Sheldon is in his hatred for Wil. He even says at the bowling alley that he's in Sheldon's head.

Then he invites Sheldon to his party and seems to become friends but then he breaks up Leonard and Penny at the bowling alley just to win the tournament against Sheldon.

Somewhere in there he goes to the theater and gets in and rags Sheldon about it. I can see friends doing that in jest.

But then he goes to the stag party and is obviously there as a friend to Sheldon since he doesn't even know Howard. At least we haven't seen any episodes where he interacts with Howard. I think he posted the video as a joke on Sheldon because of Sheldon's lame attempt at a roast of Howard. The problem between Howard and Bernadette must have been an unintended consequence.

I'm trying to figure out if Wil does actually hate Sheldon and is getting back at him or if he just finds Sheldon's intensity amusing and is doing all these things just to pick at him. Sort of like the way friends will find a weakness and exploit it as a joke.

your events aren't in order... which is why you're confused.

he beats Sheldon at the card game

he beats Sheldon at bowling (the Penny scene)

he gets into the movie (& the guys don't)

THEN he invites the guys to his party, as a nice gesture. (and yes, he does know all the guys from the comic book store).

since he's now friends with the guys, he went to Howard's stag party (and taped the speeches and put it on the internet). he wasn't being mean by putting it online--- he just did it. he even announced at the table, while taping the speeches with his phone, "oh internet, this is so going all over you".

there isn't bad blood between Wil & the guys anymore.

But then he goes to the stag party and is obviously there as a friend to Sheldon since he doesn't even know Howard. At least we haven't seen any episodes where he interacts with Howard.

Howard spoke to Wil briefly in the bowling episode. We don't know how often they spoke after that though.

But then he goes to the stag party and is obviously there as a friend to Sheldon since he doesn't even know Howard. At least we haven't seen any episodes where he interacts with Howard.

Howard spoke to Wil briefly in the bowling episode. We don't know how often they spoke after that though.

if I'm not mistaken, there's even a part when Sheldon says, "But you're MY friend" & Wil Wheaton answers, "Yeah, I'm friends with him too." (meaning Howard)