The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
garyp

Has anyone noticed?

Has anyone noticed how expressive Penny's mouth is? If you watch closely you can almost read what she's thinking by the way she holds her mouth. Almost every time she addresses Sheldon she purses her mouth that shows what she's thinking about Sheldon. When she addresses Howard she holds her mouth differently which shows a little disgust.

I know exactly what you mean. She has a very versatile face and uses her mouth alot to express her feelings. A very talented actress!

She has been acting for most of her life. She'd probably perfected the art or "Mouth expressions" from all the acting she has done.

She has a great way of using her voice as well. It's very expressive. She puts a lot of emotion in to a scene with the way she speaks. In fact Johnny does this as well, with Leonard. It's much more subtle but he can say a lot with one word.

She has a great way of using her voice as well. It's very expressive. She puts a lot of emotion in to a scene with the way she speaks. In fact Johnny does this as well, with Leonard. It's much more subtle but he can say a lot with one word.

Most communication is non-verbal, so kudos for her for doing a good job expressing herself just through body language.

One of my favorite Penny scenes is when sheldon is trying to teach her physics. her expressions, the ponytails -- it is all just awesome. :)

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

She's a great comedic actress, really good and it kinda makes me angry that when most people reffer to her say "oh, Kaley's hot" instead of talking of her great comedy skills.

She's really underapreciated for her talent.

@Sursonica; She is. I know a lot of people who think she's a bad actress. Don't really understand that one... I don't mind people saying "she's cute." She is. I mean, unless people are watching the show as often as we are, I could see how someone wouldn't really think about it. If it's not bad, they don't notice.

And yeah, she does really well with facial expressions. Favorites are:

- when she's talking to that bitch that moved in (Alicia), and she says, "Yeah, You know like in Star Trek and you're in battle, and you raise the shields." and she stops because she realizes what she just said, the look on her face is priceless.

- "Queen Penelope AFK" - whaaaat?

- "We're going to Switzerland for Valentine's Day." "OMG LEONARD THAT'S INCREDIBLE." (I know I'd never be able to act so excited.)

- Sheldon's drunk accepting the award in The Pants Alternative. He's singing the elements song and says "just the asians!" and then Penny's face... lol.

There are obviously more, but I do remember when she makes great faces.

@Sursonica; She is. I know a lot of people who think she's a bad actress. Don't really understand that one... I don't mind people saying "she's cute." She is. I mean, unless people are watching the show as often as we are, I could see how someone wouldn't really think about it. If it's not bad, they don't notice.

- when she's talking to that bitch that moved in (Alicia), and she says, "Yeah, You know like in Star Trek and you're in battle, and you raise the shields." and she stops because she realizes what she just said, the look on her face is priceless.

- "We're going to Switzerland for Valentine's Day." "OMG LEONARD THAT'S INCREDIBLE." (I know I'd never be able to act so excited.)

- Sheldon's drunk accepting the award in The Pants Alternative. He's singing the elements song and says "just the asians!" and then Penny's face... lol.

I laughed just reading those. Lol. I'd like to add when Sheldon asks if she was JUST mad at he and Leonard for being in her apartment at night, or if she is also opposed to a new organizational system. She doesn't say anything, just the look on her face like "....o.m.g." then she turns around.

I laughed just reading those. Lol. I'd like to add when Sheldon asks if she was JUST mad at he and Leonard for being in her apartment at night, or if she is also opposed to a new organizational system. She doesn't say anything, just the look on her face like "....o.m.g." then she turns around.

LOL. Haha. Wonderful clip I was able to play back mentally. That is a great one. Or when he's suggests that she should buy her tampons in bulk. xD

Or The Justice League Recombination.

"Wonder Woman was an Amazon... and Amazons tend to be very beefy gals."

The look on her face when she says, "Good-bye, Sheldon." and she shuts the door in his face before he says, "But they're not blonde, so put on your wig!"

Hahahaha.

Yes, like in Sheldon and Amy's first date, when Sheldon tells Amy it was hell growing up in Texas and Amy has no floow up, Penny does this thing with her mouth. It's really funny!

I also enjoyed Kaley in The Hallow. So many people thought that movie was crap but I liked it. She did a good job in it. I agree about her facial expressions...she can say it all without opening her mouth. Great actress.

Indeed she is very expressive with her whole body not only the face, which makes her a great actress, besides being pretty. Some scenes are really funny because of her portrail of the character. I just love the faces she makes when she hears Howard's commentaries. :)

Kaley is wonderfully expressive. To that list above, a must-add is her face when she shaved off Sheldon's hair. :D

Here's the juice -

Has anyone noticed Penny hasn't been changing her hair?

She changed her hair every episode until the last three (or four?).

Kaley is a dream I never mind having.

The show is trying to get Sheldon and Amy into a Niles and Daphne kind of light.

It's gonna take finesse and that's starts with Penny becoming not so always hot.

Not to worry my "Ross and Rachel" type fans.

It will always be about Penny simply because without her it's just "The Big Theory".

Cuz Kaley Be Da Bomb!

"Not to worry my "Ross and Rachel" type fans.

It will always be about Penny simply because without her it's just "The Big Theory".

Cuz Kaley Be Da Bomb!"

Sig worthy.

I have to confess. I was not a big Kaley fan before this show. I didn't even find her to be all that hot. When I found out she was on this show I was for lack of a better phrase not happy. But I have to admit they hit a HR with her.