The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ElegantChaos

Super Hero Movies

I wanted to know what super hero movies appeal to everyone and why. Personally, I liked Spiderman, and I just got finished watching Captain America and thought that was pretty good except I found the ending to be a bit abrupt. There were a lot of people that didn't care for Superman Returns but I didn't think it was bad, even though I liked the older ones better. I would like to see the Avengers, and still need to see Green Lantern. Then there is the Marvel/DC which one was better argument. So how about all of you?

First and foremost I am a Superman fan. I think all super hero movies appeal to me because I think I want that type of power to combat the problems in my life. I really liked Superman returns a lot. Really looking forward to the Man of Steel next year. Growing up I was not a big fan of the Marvel characters but as an adult I really do like the recent movies about them.

(I have mentioned a few in my blog)...shameless self promotion. :)

First and foremost I am a Superman fan. I think all super hero movies appeal to me because I think I want that type of power to combat the problems in my life. I really liked Superman returns a lot. Really looking forward to the Man of Steel next year. Growing up I was not a big fan of the Marvel characters but as an adult I really do like the recent movies about them.

(I have mentioned a few in my blog)...shameless self promotion. :)

Nothing shameless with that blog awsome reading.....It is hard for me to pick a favorite because they all have something to offer.If I had to pick one would have to be "X-Men" with "G I Joe" second but will watch any comic based film out there haven't really seen a bad one yet.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

The first two Batman movies that Tim Burton made are my all time favorite Superhero movies. By really, really far.

I thought Kick-Ass was a good super hero movie.

Blankman was pretty funny as well.

I do like Christopher Nolan's Batman movies and I am really looking forward to the Dark Knight Rises but I must say that although I really do like they movies they are a bit too dark thematically that makes them a little less fun for me. I think Superhero movies have to have a sense of fun and adventure to them.

I do like Christopher Nolan's Batman movies and I am really looking forward to the Dark Knight Rises but I must say that although I really do like they movies they are a bit too dark thematically that makes them a little less fun for me. I think Superhero movies have to have a sense of fun and adventure to them.

what I don't like about Christopher Nolan's Batman is.. the acting is great and so are the plots, but Gotham City is not Gotham anymore. Is New York. Calling it Gotham is not Gotham. Is not recognizable.. I don't know... I guess they had to make it more modern, but it bothers me. is the visual aspect of it all. But I guess only Burton can pull it off.

I like the Batman movies.....Green Lantern and The fantastic four. I haven't gotten around to seeing the Superman movies yet because everything i've heard about them sounds too cheesy for me. Maybe i'll try someday if I find the proper motivation :D

what I don't like about Christopher Nolan's Batman is.. the acting is great and so are the plots, but Gotham City is not Gotham anymore. Is New York. Calling it Gotham is not Gotham. Is not recognizable.. I don't know... I guess they had to make it more modern, but it bothers me. is the visual aspect of it all. But I guess only Burton can pull it off.

I do agree with you. As someone on another forum said they didn't like Gotham in the Nolan movies because it was just a generic big city and in the comics Gotham is a character all on its own.

I like the Batman movies.....Green Lantern and The fantastic four. I haven't gotten around to seeing the Superman movies yet because everything i've heard about them sounds too cheesy for me. Maybe i'll try someday if I find the proper motivation :D

I suggest you watch the first two Superman movies with Christopher Reeve. They are really good. Then watch Superman returns.

My favourite Superhero is the Hulk (if he qualifies for that title). I suppose it is because I grew up watching the Bill Bixby television series which I really enjoyed. On a deeper level I enjoy Superhero films because I love the premise of the audience knowing something that the bad guys don't. For example, when the bad guys attempt to drown the Man from Atlantis.....giggle!

My husband and I were discussing Heath Ledger's portrayal as Joker in "The Dark Knight" and we both think he did a superb job with that. It was a shame what happened to him. He had so much talent and could have done so much.

My favourite Superhero is the Hulk (if he qualifies for that title). I suppose it is because I grew up watching the Bill Bixby television series which I really enjoyed. On a deeper level I enjoy Superhero films because I love the premise of the audience knowing something that the bad guys don't. For example, when the bad guys attempt to drown the Man from Atlantis.....giggle!

Carefull Suezelda you will show your "Age" here :icon_lol: But I too was a big Bill Bixby fan and will show my age with My favorite Martian and Man from Atlantis didn't think anybody else knew about that one but yes a "HUGE" giggle on that one.

I have the right hand side of the room dedicated to the genre of sci fi and superhero films - my favourites are the Xmen films and I also have a few classics that I hold dear too - Superman 2, The first Matrix (Neo is a superman after all!) and I love the first Spiderman film too.

I have the original tv series of Hulk on dvd. No one on the big screen has come close for me portraying the angst of Bruce Banner as Bill Bixby!

Matt

My husband and I were discussing Heath Ledger's portrayal as Joker in "The Dark Knight" and we both think he did a superb job with that. It was a shame what happened to him. He had so much talent and could have done so much.

he did do a great job. I still like Jack Nicholson's joker better, it was much more accurate and closer to the comic, but I cannot deny Heath Ledger's great portrayal.

hulk-tv, bill bixby was great in the role:icon_lol:

the first 2-supermans.

I'm a comic book geek in general, but I am first and foremost a fan of both Batman and the X-Men. I love Christopher Nolan's current Batman films, but the preceding ones by Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher are hit-and-miss for me. I liked the first X-Men movie and loved X2 and X-Men: First Class, but hated both X-Men: The Last Stand and Wolverine.

My favorite comic book movies are actually the Avengers ones (Iron Man 1/2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America and, of course, The Avengers), which is weird since I was never really into the Avengers comics.

I'm a comic book geek in general, but I am first and foremost a fan of both Batman and the X-Men. I love Christopher Nolan's current Batman films, but the preceding ones by Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher are hit-and-miss for me. I liked the first X-Men movie and loved X2 and X-Men: First Class, but hated both X-Men: The Last Stand and Wolverine.

My favorite comic book movies are actually the Avengers ones (Iron Man 1/2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America and, of course, The Avengers), which is weird since I was never really into the Avengers comics.

I liked Schumacher's Batman movies. They came off as like I was watching a comic book. Awesome! =) The storylines weren't the best, but the way he presented them were brilliant.

Has anyone seen Darkman? I loved that movie

Out of all the superhero/comic book movies I've seen, #1 is Iron Man.

After that I loved X-Men: First Class, the first Superman, and Green Lantern. At least off the top of my head, but Iron Man has been my favorite character since I was little.

The X-Men, Iron Man & Captain America movies were good. The Green Lantern movie was OK at best.

I loved the Iron Man and X-Men, too. Green Lantern was awfully disappointing.

What about the Avengers assemble? I thought it was pretty good!