Season 6 predictions!!

tsotb

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a whole lot of people who keep things away from their parents because they don't want to upset them. I have been smoking for over 40 years and still do not smoke in front of my parents because I know that it would upset them.

Yeah, but you still smoke. You don't want to honor their wishes, you just don't want to get yelled at. I understand that. But if you suddenly had to choose between your gf/wife or letting your parents know you smoke, and you choose your parents... well, that's a problem. Either you need to cut the cord, or you don't want to be in that relationship anyway and you're using that as an excuse. (not you specifically)

Once again, it is a cultural thing. You can't judge the parent/adult son or daughter in Indian society by Western standards. It is still more common in India for the parents to arrange marriages then it is for two people to get together on their own, despite what they say on the show. The parents still have a great deal of control over who their children will date, and multi-generational households are the norm.

You can't hide smoking from your parents. Whether you know it or not they can smell it on you. It took me until I was almost 21 before I finally gave in. I was ashamed to let them know because I talked my dad into quitting when I was a young teen. He used to cough heavily, so I talked him out of it. Also I got kind of tired of walking to the store to get him a pack. Yes, in those days they didn't card you for cigarettes.

You can't hide smoking from your parents. Whether you know it or not they can smell it on you. It took me until I was almost 21 before I finally gave in. I was ashamed to let them know because I talked my dad into quitting when I was a young teen. He used to cough heavily, so I talked him out of it. Also I got kind of tired of walking to the store to get him a pack. Yes, in those days they didn't card you for cigarettes.

I am not stupid, of course my parents know I smoke. But out of respect I don't do it in front of them. For me it started in the Army. Back in those days we were given C-rations that had cigarettes in them.

In fact, if a girl is "not confident" about her guy's love for her, she should drop him like a hot potatoe. Any girl deserves better than that.

Agreed. But this has to be a two way street. Leonard should be able to have that same confidence in Penny. I don't see it there either.

Agreed. It should be a two-way street.

But there's a world of difference between wanting Leonard to have confidence in Penny vs. wanting to "bring Penny down a notch or two" and "shake her confidence in Leonard" (and I quote, because this is what some fans wanted!).

Penny does need to be taken down a notch or two. Some reality doesn't hurt. She needs to realize she is not the "dreamgirl" she sometimes acts as she thinks she is and realize that she is a person, with flaws, the same as Leonard. I know Penny is not delusional, but sometimes she does act that way towards Leonard & their relationship.

A relationship is a two way street, but she puts no effort into her part of it. That's what ticks some fans off, including me.

this

In fact, if a girl is "not confident" about her guy's love for her, she should drop him like a hot potatoe. Any girl deserves better than that.

Agreed. But this has to be a two way street. Leonard should be able to have that same confidence in Penny. I don't see it there either.

Agreed. It should be a two-way street.

But there's a world of difference between wanting Leonard to have confidence in Penny vs. wanting to "bring Penny down a notch or two" and "shake her confidence in Leonard" (and I quote, because this is what some fans wanted!).

Penny does need to be taken down a notch or two. Some reality doesn't hurt. She needs to realize she is not the "dreamgirl" she sometimes acts as she thinks she is and realize that she is a person, with flaws, the same as Leonard. I know Penny is not delusional, but sometimes she does act that way towards Leonard & their relationship.

A relationship is a two way street, but she puts no effort into her part of it. That's what ticks some fans off, including me.

this

It seems to me that Penny's surety about Leonard has very little to do with her confidence in her love and is more about her inflated opinion about herself. To me she seems to believe that she is the best that Leonard could ever hope to find and he wouldn't dare look for someone else. That attitude IMO shows a distinct lack of respect for Leonard in this matter, as though she is doing him some kind of favor for allowing him to be with her. Something needs to happen to bring some parity in their relationship. Penny needs to come to believe that she wants and needs Leonard as much as he loves and needs her. If that doesn't happen, then Leonard needs to move on.

It seems to me that Penny's surety about Leonard has very little to do with her confidence in her love and is more about her inflated opinion about herself. To me she seems to believe that she is the best that Leonard could ever hope to find and he wouldn't dare look for someone else. That attitude IMO shows a distinct lack of respect for Leonard in this matter, as though she is doing him some kind of favor for allowing him to be with her. Something needs to happen to bring some parity in their relationship. Penny needs to come to believe that she wants and needs Leonard as much as he loves and needs her. If that doesn't happen, then Leonard needs to move on.

Not just to Loenard, but to society as a whole. She ranks people in their proper "class" in her mind, oh and look, hers is on the top.

She's highly judgemental, assuming her way o thinking and living is the best, made clear with multiple comments by her at some of Leonard's suggestions (or we could have a life, which in her worlkd, is going out dressed like a slut to score free drinks).

While sha has developoed a fond affection for Amy, she treated Amy the same way "you're lucky to be in my life".

In Nebraska, Penny was hot and special But in Hollywood, she's a cute blonde chick, a dime a dozen, not unique in way, she brought her "I'm Penny, my shit doesn't stink" attitude withe her.

Now, since this is a predictions thread... My season 6 prediciton...

A studio picks up Penny's screenplay, "a girl from Lincoln,Nebrasksa to goes to LA to become an actress but winds up as a waitress at the Cheessake Factoty" (not autobigraphical, she is from Omaha, Nebraska).

There are a whole lot of people who keep things away from their parents because they don't want to upset them. I have been smoking for over 40 years and still do not smoke in front of my parents because I know that it would upset them.

Yeah, but you still smoke. You don't want to honor their wishes, you just don't want to get yelled at. I understand that. But if you suddenly had to choose between your gf/wife or letting your parents know you smoke, and you choose your parents... well, that's a problem. Either you need to cut the cord, or you don't want to be in that relationship anyway and you're using that as an excuse. (not you specifically)

Once again, it is a cultural thing. You can't judge the parent/adult son or daughter in Indian society by Western standards. It is still more common in India for the parents to arrange marriages then it is for two people to get together on their own, despite what they say on the show. The parents still have a great deal of control over who their children will date, and multi-generational households are the norm.

True story. Things are very gradually changing, but it's still largely this way.

I would really love to see more references from Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire in general. I know that the Longclaw was featured in the series, but I would like to see more, and I hope that will happen in this season.

Interesting, about Penny; does she or we really believe Leonard would be interested in her if she weren't a 'hot blonde'? After all Leonard ignored her when the more nubile Alicia moved in upstairs. In a lot of the fanfic you'll find Penny attraced to Sheldon as he sees & treats her for the whole person, not just for her exterior. It's what makes Shamy so popular.

Leonard needs to transcend the superficial (if he can) of the nerd bagging the hot girl and value Penny for her entire self & Penny needs to develop some kind of inner self worth (drinking isn't a sign of confidence) that doesn't depend on her being a 'hot' object as she's quickly reaching her obsolescense date in Hollywood. They'll treat each other better if they mature.

Interesting, about Penny; does she or we really believe Leonard would be interested in her if she weren't a 'hot blonde'? After all Leonard ignored her when the more nubile Alicia moved in upstairs. In a lot of the fanfic you'll find Penny attraced to Sheldon as he sees & treats her for the whole person, not just for her exterior. It's what makes Shamy so popular.

Leonard needs to transcend the superficial (if he can) of the nerd bagging the hot girl and value Penny for her entire self & Penny needs to develop some kind of inner self worth (drinking isn't a sign of confidence) that doesn't depend on her being a 'hot' object as she's quickly reaching her obsolescense date in Hollywood. They'll treat each other better if they mature.

In all fairness, when Leonard ignored Penny to chase after Alicia, Penny hadn't shown Leonard the slightest romantic interest. What is he supposed to do, spend the rest of his life just waiting on the sidelines hoping that someday she would notice him? How about Penny getting jealous because the guys were paying attention to the new hottie instead of her? As for single guys under 30 being attracted to good looking women, what a surprise! Who would have guessed that something like that would ever happen? I think that it is called "biology". In all fairness to Leonard, he has dated other women as hot as Penny but were much better educated, but he still remained strongly attracted to Penny. I think that there is something more then just her looks that is now attracting Leonard to Penny although in the beginning I would agree that he was attracted to her because of her looks, but I think that is what usually happens.

What does Leonard see in Penny beyond the physical? I really can't remember a line where he appreciated her other qualities.I know why Sheldon likes Penny. I think that's why I just don't care for them as a couple. To me both Penny and Leonard are two needy people, Betas, who'd be far better off paired with Alphas to give them advice & direction.

For that matter I can't see what he had in common with Priya either. She never liked his nerd activities, in fact she tried to make him over. Actually Amy & Leslie Winkle are better fits.

What does Leonard see in Penny beyond the physical? I really can't remember a line where he appreciated her other qualities.I know why Sheldon likes Penny. I think that's why I just don't care for them as a couple. To me both Penny and Leonard are two needy people, Betas, who'd be far better off paired with Alphas to give them advice & direction.

For that matter I can't see what he had in common with Priya either. She never liked his nerd activities, in fact she tried to make him over. Actually Amy & Leslie Winkle are better fits.

That is a very good question. To answer that, ummm, let me think. Well...They both like to get dressed up for Halloween, they both like Pizza and Chinese Take out. Hmmm, what else???

I think about it as if was myself. Sometimes I will see an attractive girl but I might not feel comfortable around her. Then there are others who may be just as attractive that I might feel VERY comfortable with, and allow myself to be more open with them to talk about anything. Penny is just that sort of person.

Penny has also presented herself as a great friend that would go out of her way to stick up for Leonard and Sheldon as well, as she did when she kicked the guy in the nuts who stole Sheldon's online game information.

As far as each of their hobbies and interest, that is something they would both have to work on. Maybe Leonard might take a real interest in football and maybe Penny might want to learn more about scientific stuff.

What does Leonard see in Penny beyond the physical? I really can't remember a line where he appreciated her other qualities.

The writers answered this question (very quietly) in the season five episode that restarted their relationship 'The Recombination Hypothesis'

Sheldon: All right, then. The reason you’re fixated on a good-natured simpleton like Penny is that she’s the exact opposite of your first romantic attachment, your brilliant yet intimidating mother.

Leonard: Where on earth did you get that from?

Sheldon: It’s in her book, Needy Baby, Greedy Baby.

Leonard: That doesn’t make it true.

Sheldon: It’s called non-fiction for a reason, Leonard.

In season six, we must find out more about 'Needy Baby, Greedy Baby'. Maybe when Dr Beverly visits and does her usual tap dance on poor Penny's mind.

Gee, let's list all of the shows where they don't have 1/2 of a couple verbally expressing why he likes the other besides his or her looks......how about MOST of them. Especially in the last season both Penny and Leonard have emotionally matured allot and when in the same scene it is obvious that they enjoy each others company. As for both Penny and Leonard being "needy" Betas who should get with an Alpha who can give them advice and direction, so much for the concept of a couple being equal partners. I can really see Penny let someone like Sheldon giving her "advice and direction" in her daily life. That would last for about 1 day. Let Mr. "sing soft kitty to me, and who goes ballistic if he can't do laundry on laundry day or has pizza on the wrong day" tell her what to do. Frankly Sheldon is the most needy person on the show. For that matter in some aspects ALL of the main characters are "needy" in one part of their lives or another. Howard, Raj, Sheldon, Leonard, and Penny all have problems and all of them with the possible exception of Raj are growing more emotionally stronger. Leonard is less and less letting Sheldon dominate his life.

What I predict we will see in the upcoming season is Sheldon and Amy growing closer together as a couple and I also think that something will occur that will motivate her into admitting to herself and to Leonard that she loves him.

What does Leonard see in Penny beyond the physical? I really can't remember a line where he appreciated her other qualities.

The writers answered this question (very quietly) in the season five episode that restarted their relationship 'The Recombination Hypothesis'

Sheldon: All right, then. The reason you’re fixated on a good-natured simpleton like Penny is that she’s the exact opposite of your first romantic attachment, your brilliant yet intimidating mother.

In season six, we must find out more about 'Needy Baby, Greedy Baby'. Maybe when Dr Beverly visits and does her usual tap dance on poor Penny's mind.

Oh spot on Banger! missed that, though I remember 'Needy Baby, Greedy Baby,' and how she had Penny in tears with 'Slugger.'so thanks for that. Oh so illuminating.

Hehe, I can't wait for Season 6 & the Clash of the Titans; Dr. Beverly & Mary Cooper

Oh spot on Banger! missed that, though I remember 'Needy Baby, Greedy Baby,' and how she had Penny in tears with 'Slugger.'so thanks for that. Oh so illuminating.

Hehe, I can't wait for Season 6 & the Clash of the Titans; Dr. Beverly & Mary Cooper

The writers may explain the dilemma that P/L are in by showing the powerful influence that the mighty Dr Beverly has on both of them.

When they first introduced Leonard's mother they showed what scary effect she had on Penny. Penny walked her upstairs from the building entrance and by the time they got to the fourth floor she was in tears. Beverly greeted her son and told him if he wanted to have sex with Penny "find out what cologne her father wears". Sure enough, Penny was mentally such a mess she got drunk and had the famous salt/tequila/lime drinking game with Leonard and they ended up in bed for the first time.

On her last visit, Leonard would not tell Penny that his mother was coming for Christmas and Sheldon was happy to explain to Penny that Leonard was afraid that his mother would find her a very inappropriate mate since she was just a waitress and Leonard's family were such high achievers. The episode had Beverly putting down Penny in a passive/aggressive manner and Leonard never did tell his mother that they were dating.

Beverly looks on Penny as being an amiable sex toy for her son and nothing more. That's pretty much is summed up by her last line in the episode: "She doesn’t have much in the way of career prospects, don’t make her responsible for her own orgasms as well". It's understandable that Penny is reluctant to put up with a life with that kind of ridicule attached.

Leonard has never really explained how that is incorrect since he does not tell Penny about any other qualities that he loves. I hope that changes next season. Perhaps Mary, who is in Penny's corner, will stand up to Beverly.

i would paid to see that heavyweight battle,

mary cooper vs. beverly hofstadter.

bring on season#6.

Now that is a match up that I believe we would all look forward to seeing. I'm surprised they haven't crossed paths yet after 5 seasons.

i would paid to see that heavyweight battle,

mary cooper vs. beverly hofstadter.

bring on season#6.

Now that is a match up that I believe we would all look forward to seeing. I'm surprised they haven't crossed paths yet after 5 seasons.

it would be hard to do with-- christine doing her own show

the good wife.

I want to see L/P doing things together. We saw a lot of S/A doing things this past season but now it is time to see L/P doing it as well. I would like to see Penny improve her job career. Would love to see a joint project with L/S working to make a profound discovery. Penny and Leonard's parents and Sheldon's mom all in the same episode. Raj get over his mutism. H/B dealing with the marriage in a humurous way.

I think it would be very cool for Leonard to harness that big brain of his and help Penny further her career. Just a thought. I would like to see them do things besides bed, eat, and fight.

Leonard tells Penny once again that he loves her and once again, she explodes. He returns to his apartment to find Priya waiting there for him. She tells him that she is moving back to California and has told her parents that she intends to date him. Leonard tells her to wait a minute and returns to Penny's apartment and knocks on her door. When she answers he tells her it's over, please stop coming to his apartment, he is changing the password to their wifi, and good luck with the hemorrhoid creme.

Let Penny chase Leonard for a change or not. She can go back to her old happy care-free lifestyle.

Gee that will have em rolling in the aisles.

Have seen that article before, but thanks for posting.

Looks like we've not seen the end of L/P relationship drama. :(

On the brighter side,

But I love the sparring that Amy and Sheldon have and the non-romantic elements of their relationship," says Bialik. "There's never been any mention of Amy's attractiveness -- or lack of attractiveness -- to him; he likes her as she is, it's irrelevant to him and he's truly in love with her mind."

Word. That's what I love them for.

Will be looking forward to spoilers after 14 August!