Season 6 predictions!!

tsotb

Have seen that article before, but thanks for posting.....

Will be looking forward to spoilers after 14 August!

I have to hand it to the Lollypop Guild regarding the spoilers, those girls are like the KGB when it comes to digging up information.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like a good place for this:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comic-con-2012-big-bang-theory-season-6-spoilers-leonard-penny-349204

Apparently they tape the first episode 8/14.

Cool that's not far off. Thanks for posting but ...

Arrrggghhhh...:icon_cry: dramas

I like Kaley's idea about Penny's trashy mother. The shamy stuff and what Kunal said about Mayim.

I have to hand it to the Lollypop Guild regarding the spoilers, those girls are like the KGB when it comes to digging up information.

:icon_cool: Hoping that our regular who attends the tapings and gives reports is able to make it this year, too. She had a bit of a problem towards the end of last season.

:icon_cool: Hoping that our regular who attends the tapings and gives reports is able to make it this year, too. She had a bit of a problem towards the end of last season.

if it is roxanne--she as tickets to the taping 8/14.

Thanks for the link! loved reading about season 6 though I too am bored with the L/P drama. Sounds like fun times for Sheldon & Amy though. Have to disagree with Mayim though; as Sheldon certainly did like Amy in her Star Trek uniform.

There was a super article on physicists going down into mines to perform experiments yesterday & I bet the writers will be using it for an episode or two. Sheldon, Raj & Leonard below the earth - fun times!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444097904577539080596890896.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Haha, I'll be seeing her there. :p

Well, not really. But we'll be in the same room, which is a cool thought.

You will also be in the same room as another friend from the other forum who is also attending the first taping. Have fun, and we'll expect feedback from y'all. :)

There was a super article on physicists going down into mines to perform experiments yesterday & I bet the writers will be using it for an episode or two. Sheldon, Raj & Leonard below the earth - fun times!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444097904577539080596890896.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

This is the new dark matter detector being constructed at the same place as Homestake, one of our most famous neutrino oscillation physics experiments (this one was known for detecting solar neutrinos). In fact all neutrino experiments have to be underground, in mines, because all that overhead rock is needed to prevent contamination from other signals. I was lucky enough to visit the site of one such experiment in Fermilab, helmet and all.

Great to see it referenced here! It would be awesome to see our TBBT guys visiting such a site, too. :)

i am going to the taping to, flying

in from new york to see the first show.:icon_lol:

i am going to the taping to, flying

in from new york to see the first show.:icon_lol:

That's so cool! That was a tough flight for me, for some reason. I did it to go to NY to watch Harvey. It was a lot of airtime, but worth it!

You will also be in the same room as another friend from the other forum who is also attending the first taping. Have fun, and we'll expect feedback from y'all. :)

This is the new dark matter detector being constructed at the same place as Homestake, one of our most famous neutrino oscillation physics experiments (this one was known for detecting solar neutrinos). In fact all neutrino experiments have to be underground, in mines, because all that overhead rock is needed to prevent contamination from other signals. I was lucky enough to visit the site of one such experiment in Fermilab, helmet and all.

Great to see it referenced here! It would be awesome to see our TBBT guys visiting such a site, too. :)

Pomita; wow you visited Fermilab; I'm so impressed. Now I'm going to read about Homestake and solar neutrinos. Thanks for writing all about this, I'm so interested, what's your area?

I remember Raj and Sheldon were talking about photons in an episode in the lunchroom so can a cool visit to these underground mines be far behind/

I'm a Martha type Humanities nerd, but all this science is so fascinating. I think I want a degree in math now..:icon_biggrin:

Pomita; wow you visited Fermilab; I'm so impressed. Now I'm going to read about Homestake and solar neutrinos. Thanks for writing all about this, I'm so interested, what's your area?

I remember Raj and Sheldon were talking about photons in an episode in the lunchroom so can a cool visit to these underground mines be far behind/

I'm a Martha type Humanities nerd, but all this science is so fascinating. I think I want a degree in math now..:icon_biggrin:

My area is theoretical neutrino physics, actually. At this time, I guess most physicists are wishing they were in collider physics (cue LHC finding the Higgs) or string theory (cue the $3 m Milner prize). But being in particle physics is exciting enough. :)

I'm not one of those that typically complains about the relationships on the show, BUT, I hope this is not a direction they're going to take. I watch this show for comedy, not dramadey. Additionally, this is an old, recycled, done to death storyline. Is this all the writers have left?

I'm not one of those that typically complains about the relationships on the show, BUT, I hope this is not a direction they're going to take. I watch this show for comedy, not dramadey. Additionally, this is an old, recycled, done to death storyline. Is this all the writers have left?

Agreed! this sounds awful.

[

Agreed! this sounds awful.

Have to agree also, but I will wait and see, but it is looking like another year of "relationships", I hope not.

My area is theoretical neutrino physics, actually. At this time, I guess most physicists are wishing they were in collider physics (cue LHC finding the Higgs) or string theory (cue the $3 m Milner prize). But being in particle physics is exciting enough. :)

That is so fascinating! I think you being female and a particle physicist is entirely awesome (to use the vernacular;-):icon_cool: what was the feeling over the CERN finding that Neutrinos don't travel faster than the speed of light? So what is the big research now in the area....

Thanks. I quite like being a female particle physicist. :p

I'd say all the shock, awe (and dozens of papers being published) was about the report of neutrinos traveling FTL, and not about the anti-climax - because a majority of people were expecting it to be explained away by experimental errors. In a way, it was almost a relief, to know that bizarre things like Lorentz violation are not happening!

Anyway, all the excitement has shifted to the elusive Higgs right now, after the historic telecast from CERN. :)

I can't say I'm particularly enthused about the female grad student, even as a Shamy fan. What comforts me is that I'm pretty sure Sheldon is going to be completely clueless about any hint of romance in that direction - and Amy realizing that may actually bring them closer.

I can't say I'm particularly enthused about the female grad student, even as a Shamy fan. What comforts me is that I'm pretty sure Sheldon is going to be completely clueless about any hint of romance in that direction - and Amy realizing that may actually bring them closer.

Yeah, if she's cute there will be talk of a switch.

I think that Sheldon will be clueless if the grad student is hitting on him, but Amy will be very aware of what is going on and will not be happy about it. I think the comedy will be Amy's response, her complaining and plotting with Penny about it, and Sheldon's reaction.

Yes, that's my guess too. It will probably be Amy worrying about nothing, and then realizing that.

Sheldon's look of confusion and horror is always priceless. :)

@loglady

Haha, the log is very wise. We all know what happens when a sitcom introduces family life. The best jokes have to go! There can't be anything overly sarcastic or controversial when there's kids in the mix, or the complaints would just pour in.

I didn't want to be impolite to the poster of the baby idea…. but the thought of Bernadette being pregnant this season, Raj adopting a baby from Africa and Shamy producing a test tube one with a surrogate was so off target. I just wanted the ground to open up and take me!