The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tsotb

Season 6 predictions!!

Section 5' date=' Hand Holding: Hand holding is only allowed under the following circumstances: A. ether party is in danger of falling of a, cliff, precipice or ledge; B. ether party is deserving of a hearty hand shake after winning a noble prize; C. moral support during flu shots.[/quote']

Neither of these situation happened at the end of Season 5, but, He hold her hand... So, Sheldon can surprise us ...

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Mayim bit on Access Hollywood today where she hints a bit on what's going on at least on the first 3 episodes. She doesn't say much though , so if you're staying spoiler free, it's not dangerous,

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/mayim-bialik-talks-big-bang-theory-romance-being-grateful-for-emmy-nod/1808670433001

btw, she had me rolling at the "not with this hand!", if you see the video, you'll see why LOL

Mayim bit on Access Hollywood today where she hints a bit on what's going on at least on the first 3 episodes. She doesn't say much though , so if you're staying spoiler free, it's not dangerous,

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/mayim-bialik-talks-big-bang-theory-romance-being-grateful-for-emmy-nod/1808670433001

btw, she had me rolling at the "not with this hand!", if you see the video, you'll see why LOL

it was cute!!

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Is Mayim the TBBT face for this Season?... She's everywhere!

She was nominated for an Emmy for the first time, so all of her interviews are part of the "Emmy Campaign". Jim also did a lot of interviews the first time he was nominated.

I won't blame Kaley if she's going to be in a lot of guesting, article and interviews if she gets nominated too. That's what they call the Emmy Campaign, I think. And it's her first nomination. We can't blame Mayim.

So happy for her.

Mayim is very well spoken and she does a nice job of representing TBBT. It also helps her Emmy bid that people see her real personality Vs her Amy image. I have a great deal or respect for Mayim as a person.

Years ago some of the early interviews with Jim Parsons impressed me as Sheldon with out OCDO.

I believe the words sheldon uses( according to taping reports)" the necessary physical contact.

And as for the stuart thing, I thing that the addition of amy and bernardette into the cast was a good choice but for me the cast list is at its maximum capacity and aadding stuart would not be a good idea

Mayim is very well spoken and she does a nice job of representing TBBT. It also helps her Emmy bid that people see her real personality Vs her Amy image. I have a great deal or respect for Mayim as a person.

Years ago some of the early interviews with Jim Parsons impressed me as Sheldon with out OCDO.

I agree.

If you add 'and completely without the inflated ego', that's a rather accurate description of Jim!

I agree.

If you add 'and completely without the inflated ego', that's a rather accurate description of Jim!

WE are in love :icon_mrgreen:

I agree.

Pomita

Jim Parsons is very much like Sheldon. I have only seen him play one other role and I forget which program it was on. Bottom Line he was sissy getting beaten up in typical Sheldon fashion. I am not so sure Parsons has a wide range of acting skills. He is excellent as Sheldon.

You bet. :D

I agree.

Pomita

Jim Parsons is very much like Sheldon. I have only seen him play one other role and I forget which program it was on. Bottom Line he was sissy getting beaten up in typical Sheldon fashion. I am not so sure Parsons has a wide range of acting skills. He is excellent as Sheldon.

I've read that he was excellent in both his (diverse) Broadway roles in The Normal Heart and Harvey. Not seen much of him on screen besides Sheldon, because he's done very little of TV or film - he's mostly a theater person. You may have seen him in his guest spot in Garden State, where he played an amateur 'knight' being bullied.

So I don't know if he's a versatile actor. Theater reports seem to indicate that he is.

In real life, Jim is rather similar to Sheldon in his physical awkwardness and style of speaking, but quite different in terms of his personality traits (humble, friendly, accessible).

I've never seen him in a role that was 100% different than Sheldon is...

I dont imagine him doing "Die Hard".

In real life, Jim is rather similar to Sheldon in his physical awkwardness and style of speaking, but quite different in terms of his personality traits (humble, friendly, accessible).

He’s adorable! ... Will Wheaton asked him, in Comic Con, “What is like to play Sheldonâ€â€¦ because Jim is a nice person to work, and Sheldon is not…

The more I see him in real interviews, the more I love him :icon_mrgreen:

He's like a carebear ... I love his laughs, etc, etc, etc...

I agree.

Pomita

I've read that he was excellent in both his (diverse) Broadway roles in The Normal Heart and Harvey. Not seen much of him on screen besides Sheldon, because he's done very little of TV or film - he's mostly a theater person. You may have seen him in his guest spot in Garden State, where he played an amateur 'knight' being bullied.

So I don't know if he's a versatile actor. Theater reports seem to indicate that he is.

Jim Parsons as Elwood P. Dowd was nothing like Sheldon Cooper. Elwood is affable and easy going. A friend to everyone.

Jim had a minor recurring role on the television show, "Judging Amy". This show was a serious dramatic program. I have never seen any of his appearances on Judging Amy but I doubt he played anything even faintly resembling Sheldon.

I think Jim Parsons may have a lot more acting range he's getting credit for.

A lot of fans have said they can't see Jim as anyone but Sheldon. I've seen posts elsewhere about this. There's a pretty big danger of type casting here. But I can see him surprising everyone on that front, I think he has a great deal of talent. I would love to see him play a different character in film. I know he's a theatre lover but I hope he does films as well. Not just TV.

I agree.

Pomita

Jim Parsons as Elwood P. Dowd was nothing like Sheldon Cooper. Elwood is affable and easy going. A friend to everyone.

Jim had a minor recurring role on the television show, "Judging Amy". This show was a serious dramatic program. I have never seen any of his appearances on Judging Amy but I doubt he played anything even faintly resembling Sheldon.

He is a talented professional actor playing a role. As often happens, many people come to believe that the actor has the same traits as the role he plays. I know that some people will be shocked, but the actor who plays Superman really can't fly and the one who plays Spiderman doesn't really swing from buildings.

I think for someone who only knew Jim Parsons as Sheldon will have a hard time having to separate the character from the actor at the beginning. When I first became a fan, I used to be like them-- I needed time to get used to who Jim was in real life and who he is as his character. What I meant to say here is that it's possible, but it would take time to get used to depending on the person who perceive him.

This is a problem for any actor whose big breakout role is such an iconic one. If he plays a character drastically different in another film or broadway, people may be put off because they want to see him be Sheldon whenever they see him. When he's a serial killer (even if he rocks as one), they're disappointed. It's kind of silly and very unfortunate, but fans do it all the time.

He's an actor, folks, get over it. It's impossible to know his range yet, because we haven't had an opportunity to see him do a lot of different things. I hope he gets many and varied roles. Harvey was a small step in that direction - hope he continues to move away from Sheldon in his work outside BBT. I think his choice of roles will be critical in his longterm success.

This is a problem for any actor whose big breakout role is such an iconic one. If he plays a character drastically different in another film or broadway, people may be put off because they want to see him be Sheldon whenever they see him. When he's a serial killer (even if he rocks as one), they're disappointed. It's kind of silly and very unfortunate, but fans do it all the time.

He's an actor, folks, get over it. It's impossible to know his range yet, because we haven't had an opportunity to see him do a lot of different things. I hope he gets many and varied roles. Harvey was a small step in that direction - hope he continues to move away from Sheldon in his work outside BBT. I think his choice of roles will be critical in his longterm success.

I would love to see Jim play a guest role on NCIS or some such show - he would really be good as the suspect.

I would love to see Jim play a guest role on NCIS or some such show - he would really be good as the suspect.

Yes, I think he'd make a superb serial killer. LOL Some of my very favorite Sheldon scenes in BBT are when he gets very serious describing his home situation as a kid. He brings an angry intensity to those that bodes well for other characters he might play in the future.

Yeah, I think he would make a great suspect in C.S.I or NCIS .

You see a lot of great actors/actresses playing suspects.

Yeah, I think he would make a great suspect in C.S.I or NCIS .

You see a lot of great actors/actresses playing suspects.

mmmm ... as Edward Norton, in Primal Fear :icon_idea:

Oh, I'm giving him credit. :) I just can't comment on his theater performances in all fairness, because I've only read about them, not seen them. He got a lot of praise and critical acclaim for both Tommy Boatwright (TNH) and Elwood (Harvey), and as you pointed out, the character of Elwood is diametrically opposite of Sheldon in many ways. However, I did read a few accusations of some people who saw shades of Sheldon in his playing, because the role was still that of an eccentric. I got the impression that those critiques were biased, with either a pro-Jimmy Stewart or anti-TV star stance.

I've seen all his guest spots in Judging Amy. The character is that of a smart-mouthed clerk and assistant, and has very little in common with Sheldon. I thought he did well. The role was not long or fleshed-out enough to have an impact, however.

Yes, I think he'd make a superb serial killer. LOL Some of my very favorite Sheldon scenes in BBT are when he gets very serious describing his home situation as a kid. He brings an angry intensity to those that bodes well for other characters he might play in the future.

I agree. I'm not sure I would like to see him as a killer, but I've always felt Jim could do well in a serious, dramatic role - one can see glimpses of a rare intensity.

He is a talented professional actor playing a role. As often happens, many people come to believe that the actor has the same traits as the role he plays. I know that some people will be shocked, but the actor who plays Superman really can't fly and the one who plays Spiderman doesn't really swing from buildings.

Loved this. :D

mmmm ... as Edward Norton, in Primal Fear

One of the few times in cinema that I actually got a physical reaction to something - the hair literally stood up on the back of my neck at the reveal. Creep. E. Love Norton.