The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tsotb

Season 6 predictions!!

Raj gets hit in the head... suddenly, his mutism is reversed... now he can only talk to girls and has to use Penny/Amy/Bernadette to help him talk to the guys...

Love it

Yes! :icon_lol:

Raj gets hit in the head... suddenly, his mutism is reversed... now he can only talk to girls and has to use Penny/Amy/Bernadette to help him talk to the guys...

Love it

Yes! :icon_lol:

that is a great change of pace.:icon_wink:

Now, this is a really cool idea!

Not sure if the typical hit in the head would work, but perhaps another excuse, like an unexpected reaction of some experimental drug could lead to this.

Predictions/hopes I have:

*Sheldon/Amy breakup. If you ignore all the little things I don't like about Amy, there's still have the fact that I think they're too similar to be in a lasting relationship.

*Sheldon meets another woman he likes (one who is his opposite). Opposites attract. He could be conflicted about his feelings and he might come to the conclusion he and Amy aren't suitable for each other, leading to the above point, that they should breakup.

*Penny finds a great acting job.

*Penny quits the Cheesecake Factory - even if her acting job isn't long-term or make her rich, the girl could move onto a different job already. She could work as a temp in an office - which I think would be great because then she could get all this work experience in case acting doesn't go anywhere (because let's face it, she's barely had work in 5 years).

*Raj - gets over his mutism.

*Raj - makes some new friends outside of their group. I think it'd be interesting if his new friends didn't get along with everyone else, or at least, if there was some friction. For once, Raj could have a social life and not be put last. (I think he's always thought of last in the group and even this past year, the writing for him has been sparse).

*Amy - either she come out of the closet or just stop with the sexual jokes towards Penny.

*Sheldon does something purely selfless for Mrs. Cooper without wanting anything in return. ie) She could be upset one day, lonely on the phone and maybe he sends her flowers? I don't know but it would be sweet if we could see Sheldon start to step up and realize his mom's not going to be there forever to look after HIM. Sometimes he needs to look after HER.

*Howard and Bernadette try to get away for a honeymoon after he gets back from space. Issues with Howard's mom make it look like they can't go, Bernie's upset then at the last moment, Howard fixes it so he's thinking of Bernadette first and they go off for a week someplace beautiful.

*Leonard surprises sheldon - intellectually/academically. Something like... Sheldon's doing an equation on the whiteboard and Leonard points out a mistake. Or Leonard improves a theory/experimentation previously thought to be already perfected. No idea what since I have no background in physics...but it would be nice to show Leonard can be a real genius if he's not distracted.

*(adding onto the above) Leonard and Sheldon's role can be reversed where Leonard obsesses over his work for a little while to the point of neglecting everything else. While Sheldon is trying to get his friend to snap out of it as we all know, Sheldon doesn't like change.

*Penny/Leonard - They either need to breakup for good or just stop fighting about stupid things already. I like them when they get along but they're just annoying when they fight.

*Penny - where are her old friends? We need to see more of her friends trying to hang out with her. Some of the guys asking her out again, and a few of the girls stealing her away to go to a club, to dinner, or just to the movies. Something 'cause it looks like she ditched all of her old friends.

*I would like to see MeeMaw have a health crisis (swiftly fixed after an episode or two) because it would give Sheldon a reality check that his family isn't going to be around forever and he'd freak out. It could be funny. And yes, I'd like to SEE Meemaw. Does anyone else picture Betty White as Meemaw?

I've read several comments (besides the latest one from Beecharmer) that keep saying that Sheldon and Amy "wouldn't work because they are too similar" and "opposites attract", etc.

Guess what?

Science says otherwise:

"We've all heard that "opposites attract," but in reality, it’s similar people who tend to stick together. That’s according to psychologist J. Phillipe Rushton of the University of Western Ontario in Canada.

He and his colleague found that when it comes to personality and beliefs, people in their study were about as similar to their own spouses and best friends as they were to a fraternal twin. Spouses matched each other more closely on personality traits that were more heritable."

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/07/01/potentials.attract/

similarities-attract

similars attract even if they claim otherwise

examining_the_similarity-attraction_theory

Opposites do NOT attract

Also, a little piece that shows that a supposed "opposites attract" situation that could very well refute the "emotional Amy and reserved Sheldon will lead to failure" scenario (and also relates a bit to L/P):

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46570646/ns/today-relationships/t/why-do-emotional-opposites-attract/

So, I respect anyone's preferences when it comes to what one wants to see in a relationship portrayed on TV, also that there's nothing set on stone regarding what is good for someone and what's not, but seems like the "too similar to work" excuse doesn't really apply here.

ShAmy has, indeed, scientific basis (for all those who complain the show is nothing about Science anymore!)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoGkN8AIHZickD5jcFrkMS7gF8Q5nzv95e-JVildAN3Usp5Vv96jT6ug

:icon_cheesygrin:

Interesting articles. That's a nice piece of research!

So basically, Sheldon and Amy are similar enough on an intellectual and personality level to be compatible, and yet opposite in their 'emotional attachment styles', so they can complement and complete each other in that respect.

Which is why they were chosen by science. Proving that the social sciences are not always hokum. :)

Interesting articles. That's a nice piece of research!

So basically, Sheldon and Amy are similar enough on an intellectual and personality level to be compatible, and yet opposite in their 'emotional attachment styles', so they can complement and complete each other in that respect.

Which is why they were chosen by science. Proving that the social sciences are not always hokum. :)

Indeed.

True that Amy entered the show with nearly identical traits to Sheldon's, but they quickly yet steadly started to diferentiate her from him, starting as early as maybe the fourth time she appeared, showing that she was much more open-minded regarding social interactions and that she had an actual crave of experimenting relationships.

So, yes, as you say, they seem to be similar enough to be compatible (and to potentially mantain a long-term relationship), but they also have enough differences to keep the relationship moving.

In my world, Penny would have to get successful acting job before she told Lenard she loved him. If she never gets a Acting job, she is settling for Lenard.

I would like to see Lenard be more dominate in the relationship. Or maybe Penny be less confident of Lenard's love for her. But the writers want to keep us hanging, so it not going to happen.

I would love to see some more of Leonard's mum with Sheldon. Maybe having her and Amy competing for his mind and being very caty underneath all the science :)

I would like to see Lenard be more dominate in the relationship. Or maybe Penny be less confident of Lenard's love for her.

Gah! Enough with the women disempowerment talk already! :icon_lol:

It's like a virus, spreading from thread to thread. :icon_mad::icon_lol:

Don't you people see, there's the world of difference between "taking someone for granted" vs. "being unsure of someone's love and having to tiptoe around your master and commander least he chooses to dump you"?

The latter unhealthy traditional male/female dynamic is what people seem to want for Penny!

It's one thing to want Penny to start showing that she loves Leonard, values, respects, and cherishes him... It's totally wrong and degrading however to want Penny be "unsure" of Leonard, "jealous" of him, or having her "fight for him" or "prove her worth to him"...

There's NOTHING WRONG with a girl being sure of her guy. Nothing wrong!

In fact, if a girl is "not confident" about her guy's love for her, she should drop him like a hot potatoe. Any girl deserves better than that.

Sheesh! :icon_lol:

In fact, if a girl is "not confident" about her guy's love for her, she should drop him like a hot potatoe. Any girl deserves better than that.

Agreed. But this has to be a two way street. Leonard should be able to have that same confidence in Penny. I don't see it there either.

Dis-empowering women? Give me a break. Penny has stated that it is unrealistic for Leonard to even theoretically talk about him ever breaking up with her. She has never told him that she loves him, but she should be confident in his love for her? So much for their relationship being a two way street. He gives and she only takes emotionally. She needs to have some uncertainty or jealousy in order to jolt her out of her emotionally parasitic state of mind. If she persists in refusing to tell him that she loves him because either of her personal fears or because she doesn't love him, then he should drop her like a hot potato. If the person that you love doesn't return the feelings, then after the period of time that he has spent with her, it is time for him to move on.

This is not a matter of either one of them being the master or commander of the other. Neither one of them should have control over the other. As it stands now, Penny is the one who is in charge of the relationship, she makes all of the decisions in the relationship, and Leonard for all practical purposes has no input. Any relationship that stays in this dynamic is due to fail.

Agreed. But this has to be a two way street. Leonard should be able to have that same confidence in Penny. I don't see it there either.

Agreed. It should be a two-way street.

But there's a world of difference between wanting Leonard to have confidence in Penny vs. wanting to "bring Penny down a notch or two" and "shake her confidence in Leonard" (and I quote, because this is what some fans wanted!).

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Agreed. It should be a two-way street.

But there's a world of difference between wanting Leonard to have confidence in Penny vs. wanting to "bring Penny down a notch or two" and "shake her confidence in Leonard" (and I quote, because this is what some fans wanted!).

Penny does need to be taken down a notch or two. Some reality doesn't hurt. She needs to realize she is not the "dreamgirl" she sometimes acts as she thinks she is and realize that she is a person, with flaws, the same as Leonard. I know Penny is not delusional, but sometimes she does act that way towards Leonard & their relationship.

A relationship is a two way street, but she puts no effort into her part of it. That's what ticks some fans off, including me.

I predict lots of posts complaining about Leonard and Penny. I also guarantee numerous posts about the show declining despite its #1 Sitcom ranking. Also, continued misunderstanding about what Sheldon is capable on a social and emotional level (ie Sheldon and Penny should hook up now!! thread(s)

reaching 1,500+ pages)

Penny does need to be taken down a notch or two. Some reality doesn't hurt. She needs to realize she is not the "dreamgirl" she sometimes acts as she thinks she is and realize that she is a person, with flaws, the same as Leonard. I know Penny is not delusional, but sometimes she does act that way towards Leonard & their relationship.

A relationship is a two way street, but she puts no effort into her part of it. That's what ticks some fans off, including me.

My growing hypothesis for Penny's S6 arc:

Penny is going to say/do something deeply self-centered and hurtful to Leonard and/or Amy in the early part of the season (maybe related to being offered an opportunity for a management position at Cheesecake Factory that would end her acting "career"), which drives one or both of them away. Then her challenge becomes a: realizing she needs them in her life, and b: winning them back...

Not a bad idea Camille... But if it's too hurtful, it won't come at the expense of Leonard or Amy/Sheldon. Howard and Bernadette are more "expendable.". Penny could land on them verbally, and by extension hurt Leonard or allow him to be hurt without damaging the relationship too much or make a reconcilliation seem less plausible than the relationship seems at times to some viewers.

ie piss off Leonard by upsetting H/B.

I like the idea of Penny managing the Cheesecake factory, the writers have suggested she's no good at acting and I don't think I'd like to see her become an actress. But she does have a bit of business savvy hidden inside. I was hoping she might run a business one day, after her penny blossoms idea.

Another thought, Penny could have a reaction to a cleaning product at work and end up with a temporary rash that makes her question the power of looks. And Leonard could prove to her that it makes no difference to him anyway.

Penny manage the Cheesecake factory? She can't manage her own finances. But I suppose she could learn.

I would like to see her move up career wise and apparently they don't have any plans to let her succeed as an actress. Sheldon has said that she has no marketable skills. Perhaps it's time for the writers to come up with some new angle for Penny.

She could get a decent acting job and then have a revelation that the people she was working with were shallow and superficial, begin to miss the geeks, and eventually come to see she really does love Leonard.

Penny could have a reaction to a cleaning product at work and end up with a temporary rash that makes her question the power of looks. And Leonard could prove to her that it makes no difference to him anyway.

I like that. Make it not too temporary, and I'll be sold.

Penny is simlair to Joey from friends except he got acting jobs... Penny will likely never become a big time actress but if she did, that would be a great story for conflict like she has to make a decision on whether or not to stay in LA or film a movie in Europe for 3 months.

Basically do what Leonard did by going to the north pole.

Penny manage the Cheesecake factory? She can't manage her own finances. But I suppose she could learn.

It might be funny watching her learn, or making a hash of it.

Penny could have a reaction to a cleaning product at work and end up with a temporary rash that makes her question the power of looks. And Leonard could prove to her that it makes no difference to him anyway.

I like that. Make it not too temporary, and I'll be sold.

Meeeoww!

I would like to have Bernadette push Raj in front of a train after he tries to kiss her. Just think of the hilarious space station to police station skype call.

I would like to have Bernadette push Raj in front of a train after he tries to kiss her. Just think of the hilarious space station to police station skype call.

lol. That would be great.

If I may be so bold, I'd suggest a change. Raj isn't killed, but ends up in the hospital. Bernadette is filled with remorse and visits him. Raj forgives her. They fall in love (awwwwwwww). They hold hands (awwwwwwww again).

Howard returns from space to find Raj and Bernadette coming out of the hospital. The scene ends and we have to wait until next episode to find out what happened.