The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tsotb

Season 6 predictions!!

@ Superlovelexin, although some of the stories are a bit far fetched they are very amazing and imaginative. I really felt a grip of emotion reading the Amy in a Car accident episode. But like tsotb said, the show is too light hearted to include that type of scenario.

Not really a prediction but this would be my idea of a new development for the show.

We all realize that Penny's biggest insecurity in her relationship with Leonard is her lack of continued education. Although I have read some of the posts here about Penny advancing in her acting career, I was thinking maybe she ought to take a different route and have her enter a college, (Maybe her dad happens to come into some money and offers her a tuition) and take a course in Physics. Also, she would have to cut down on her drinking problem, which will help her focus more on her career.

I don't want to insult anyone in the field of Physics here. I know it is not something you can learn overnight but I believe Penny does have the potential to be a fast learner, well...with the exception of the repeated mistakes with her ex boyfriends.

It would be interesting in future episodes to see her compete with Leonard or Sheldon in scientific debates.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I don't want to insult anyone in the field of Physics here. I know it is not something you can learn overnight but I believe Penny does have the potential to be a fast learner, well...with the exception of the repeated mistakes with her ex boyfriends.

It would be interesting in future episodes to see her compete with Leonard or Sheldon in scientific debates.

no offense at all :D

I actually think Penny would be good in the field of Psychology though.

Good idea, if it were psychology she could make observations about his behaviour and drive him nuts. :icon_lol:

I thought the way sheldon described amy when he was talking to leonard about her trying to make him happy , was very OOC. Its not something you think he would ever say but it was very sweet.It shows that he even likes the things about her that no one else would , even her dandruff

Good idea, if it were psychology she could make observations about his behaviour and drive him nuts. :icon_lol:

Yes! I like that idea also, and it would be even more realistic. We have seen instances in the past where she has picked at their brains.

Yes! I like that idea also, and it would be even more realistic. We have seen instances in the past where she has picked at their brains.

Hmm , it would be nice for her I guess but the whole point of penny is the fact that she is the only main character that doesn't have an extensive knowledge of and one of the fields of science . She is starting to learn certain things but I think if she went back to college , I would ruin her character. Again , just my opinion.

@ Superlovelexin, although some of the stories are a bit far fetched they are very amazing and imaginative. I really felt a grip of emotion reading the Amy in a Car accident episode. But like tsotb said, the show is too light hearted to include that type of scenario.

THank you Grasshopper,:icon_biggrin: that is exactly the kind of reaction I want people to have to this kind of situation. I know it may seem far fetched, but actually comedies do this kind of thing before like Howard's mom when they thought she may have had a heart attack.

Also Roseanne had several situations with people in hospital with serious problems from Dan's heart attack, to Darlene's premature labor scenario and those episodes provide great emotional growth to characters while still providing good comedy. TBBT is a lot like that show so I think they could pull a situation like this off in a heartfelt way without it being too depressing.

I think writers would have to infuse lots of comedy into the situation to make it more lighthearted and while still allowing the characters to grieve and experience some emotional growth through the experience.

So here are few ideas I came up with to help make it funnier situation. :icon_biggrin:

1. Because I like the idea of schrodinger's cat scenario, I think it be funny if what causes the accident was Leonard had to swerve out of the way to avoid a kitty cat like Zazzles crossing the street. He hits a pole and gas starts leaking, Amy's head hits the door hard and she is knocked out. Leonard wakes up and manages to get out of car and drag Amy to safety before car explodes, but a large piece of the trunk lid flies off and crushes Leonard's leg hence why its broken later.

Despite the carnage, the kitty cat comes over and licks Amy's face great analogy to how natural things can sometimes disrupt science or in this case scientists, but can also embrace them gently.. it also brings thoughts of Soft Kitty to mind two sick scientists lying on the road while a soft kitty licks Amy's face trying to revive her as if the animal some how realizes they're hurt, but doesn't realize its to blame for their current situation because after all its just a cat crossing the street.

While at the hospital, I think it be a funny contrast to what's going on with Leonard and Amy to have a woman in labor scenario which is why I included Rebecca's mom giving birth. Child birth in sitcoms is always funny with the mom screaming at the husband and yelling for drugs etc. Plus it provides something for Howard and Raj to do in the episode. Raj and Howard go upstairs to maternity ward to make cute faces at the babies, Howard wants one even though he knows Bernadette still isn't ready and Raj just likes making cute faces at babies and checking out the pretty nurses.

But, when Howard tries to help Raj land a pretty nurse by telling her that Raj is a doctor, things get hairy because Rebecca's physician is on vacation and other doctors are busy, so nurse asks Raj to perform the delivery on Rebecca's mom. Howard goes to help him since he's only one who can actually talk to the female nurses and the two of them have to deliver this baby together. I think giving birth with a doctor who is really an astrophysict doctor not a medical doctor and who can't talk to women because he is kind of afraid of them would be a sufficently funny enough situation to keep the episode lighthearted. Along with an engineer Howard who approaches this situation the same way he approached fixing Penny's furniture 'how can we do this is a more efficent creative way' while at same time ignoring the woman in labor trying to tell him there is no efficent creative way to give birth its just PAINFUL and I WANT DRUGS!! :icon_lol:

Also, If Bernadette and Howard's mom are having an argument back at the house over rather Bernadette is ever going to give her grandchildren would also create some lightheartedness to it with the two of them screaming back in forth at each other in those fun Jewish accents. More fun if Bernadette is helping Howard's mom make dinner for her Jewish relatives and we get to see Bernadette interacting with Howard's family without him there to kind of protect her. I'm sure that situation could also be just as funny.

Anyway the more i think about it the more I'm sure these awesome BBT writers could find a lot of humourous things to happen besides the car crash in the same episode to keep it still lighthearted despite the seriousness of the situation.

But, the best part would still be the awesome chance to see Sheldon react to the idea of losing Amy and realizing just how much she means to him at this point. Also it be cute to see Penny's reaction to Amy's situation as well seeing her finally accept that Amy is really her "bestie" and she would miss her terribly if she did die. Watching Penny cry on Sheldon's shoulder while doctor tell them the news of Amy's condition would be poignant and Sheldon actually kissing Amy for the first time while she lies there unconscious. Making it perfect situation to kiss her because its very Prince/damsal in distress, but also shows he is willing to over look that fact that she is currently sick in a hospital bed with cuts and bruises he doesn't care he loves her that much. And the sadness that would be on his face when she doesn't wake up like in all fairytales he read as a child. So he has to just sit there with her alone and maybe shed a few tears in silence :icon_cry:

@ Superlovelexi

Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't like childbirth in sitcoms, it freaks me out! All that yelling is not funny in the slightest. Its too real and makes me want to run! Even reading your post…. *faints*

:icon_lol: LOL, well it doesn't bother me to see people give birth rather in sitcoms or on shows like The Baby story etc.. but I think what makes this situation funny is Howard and Raj not having slightest clue how to deliver a baby, but having to do so anyway not the "yelling" and I'm sorry but Howard and Howard's mom yell all the time and I think its hilarious when they do it!

So I think it just depends on the dialogue in the scenes not the yelling itself to make the situation funny. Childbirth can be very humorous situation which is why sitcoms use it. Besides once baby comes out everyone always goes back to acting somewhat normal and nice to each other again and there's lots of science involved in it too which makes it great for TBBT.

I like the idea of howard and raj delivering a baby , its actually quite realistic but I'm still not sure about the car crash.

As we all know , TBBT is becoming more focused on relationships now and is developing quite quickly so I think if this scenario were to happen , it would be in either season 7 or 8 , but I don't think the show is ready for it yet in season 6.

Perhaps instead of a car crash people would be more comfortable if in season six Amy just fell down the stairs broke her leg and Sheldon had to take care of her bring her hot soup on bed and sing her soft kitty?

Seconded, no problem! It's an interesting idea.

Or how about the one with the frogs? :D

@Superlove - I sincerely think that you should write fan-fiction. I would be totally up for reading Sheldon/Amy fan-fic with the storyline you describe!

Thanks,I have never written a fan fic for TBBT but I have for other shows. I guess I could try to write one for Shamy but I'm not a super genius like characters nor do I understand physics much so I'm not confident at all that I could write convincing enough dialogue to make the scenario believable. I need Chuck Lorre's help LOL

@ Superlovelexi

Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't like childbirth in sitcoms, it freaks me out! All that yelling is not funny in the slightest. Its too real and makes me want to run! Even reading your post…. *faints*

lol I remember watching a sitcom-birth with my grandmother and she was criticizing all the yelling. She said giving birth wasn't THAT painful. After this conversation with her, I think it would be a lot funnier if someone was giving birth and they didn't feel a thing, like one of the women going into labor and then stating "I think the baby's coming....aaaannnd there it is." :)

@ Superlovelexi

lol I remember watching a sitcom-birth with my grandmother and she was criticizing all the yelling. She said giving birth wasn't THAT painful. After this conversation with her, I think it would be a lot funnier if someone was giving birth and they didn't feel a think, like one of the women going into labor and then stating "I think the baby's coming....aaaannnd there it is." :)

Thanks,I have never written a fan fic for TBBT but I have for other shows. I guess I could try to write one for Shamy but I'm not a super genius like characters nor do I understand physics much so I'm not confident at all that I could write convincing enough dialogue to make the scenario believable. I need Chuck Lorre's help LOL

Don't worry, even the writers don't put much physics or science into the shows anymore. Just write something totally predicatable, where they kiss and everyone goes "awwww" and "ooooooh" and you'll appease the masses.

I think you would be great at writing fan fiction , all you have to do is not use slang when either sheldon or amy is talking and make it sound smart by maybe adding random facts that could fit some how into their conversation.

There are not enough shamy fan fics out the , toom many of them are shenny:(

lol I remember watching a sitcom-birth with my grandmother and she was criticizing all the yelling. She said giving birth wasn't THAT painful. After this conversation with her, I think it would be a lot funnier if someone was giving birth and they didn't feel a thing, like one of the women going into labor and then stating "I think the baby's coming....aaaannnd there it is." :)

I think they did that on Friends once when Rachel was waiting to go into labor at hospital women kept coming in one and after the other and having their babies before with very little fuss. One Asian woman was like "oh I think a contraction is coming." she barely made a sound and didn't look in pain at all then she said "oh that was a big one" LOL

I think you would be great at writing fan fiction , all you have to do is not use slang when either sheldon or amy is talking and make it sound smart by maybe adding random facts that could fit some how into their conversation.

There are not enough shamy fan fics out the , toom many of them are shenny:(

Yeah, I dont' really get the Shenny obessession either, but to each its own. I like them more as friends than as a couple.

As for the fan fics well I think I should probably read one or two BBT fan fics first to kind of get an idea of how people write the characters and structure them etc So do ya'll got any suggestions on some good ones I could check out before I start trying to write my own Shamy fic?

There is one I remember where amy came to the university with sheldon and kripke kissed her hand and sheldon went crazy , I'm not sure but I think it is called the kripke conundrum ( sorry if that's spelt wrong , I can't spell)

Please check out http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Big_Bang_Theory/. Choose Sheldon as character A and Amy as character B and voila, there will be a list of Shamy fics. I'm an aficionado. :p

I know there are still more Shenny fics than Shamy fics, but the number of Shamy fics is growing by the day.

And trust me, you don't need to know much Physics, just imagination. I'm not a writer myself, but I've heard that a little googling and wiki-ing sometimes helps, for those intellectual Sheldon/Amy dialogues. :)

Yeah I went there earlier today. I already have an account with Fanfiction.net so I looked at some of the Shamy fics for first time that people have written and how they are structured etc. So now I've started working on mine. I did have to google some words so I could create the dialogue, but it'll be awhile before its ready. I don't want to rush it. But, thanks ya'll for the encouragement. I'll post the link when its ready.

Was it just me or that scene where sheldon described physics as looking at the universe naked , very OOC.