The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tsotb

Season 6 predictions!!

I think that the reason they won't be having babies any time soon is because ther show would lose that "pazaz" that makes it so successfull.Its a show which shows that nerds can be comicial too if not more so. Its unlike any other show I have ever seen and if the characters start having children , TBBT will become more and more like other comedies which may decrease the popularity of the show.I'm not saying that none of the character should EVER have children but I think it should be maybe 1-2 seasons away and the show should gradually lead up to it.

I guess the idea of them having babies just doesn't interest me. I think if it gets to the stage where it's plausible for them to be raising children, the show would have run on too long. Sorry that's just my perspective of course, I like my TBBT as a funny nerdy adventure. The baby sitting idea might work though.

I think that the reason they won't be having babies any time soon is because ther show would lose that "pazaz" that makes it so successfull.Its a show which shows that nerds can be comicial too if not more so. Its unlike any other show I have ever seen and if the characters start having children , TBBT will become more and more like other comedies which may decrease the popularity of the show.I'm not saying that none of the character should EVER have children but I think it should be maybe 1-2 seasons away and the show should gradually lead up to it.

Now this I agree with. :icon_biggrin: I think it could happen maybe around season 8. I think TBBT is different from most sitcoms and has its own unique way of telling stories about these lovable nerds, but somehow finds away to put them into situations that normal people just find normal, but these nerds find incredibly difficult to handle and/or cant' handle which is what creates the comedy. Taking care of babies is normal on most sitcoms and normal to most people, but totally ABNORMAL to the lives of these nerds which therefore will make for some hilarious episodes if/when they ever have to deal with babies.

But, i just found out a few weeks ago that TBBT beat out that other CL show in the ratings and became number one comedy in America during season 5, and that the show has already been renewed for seasons 6 and 7, so chances are this show will only gain in popularity as new people are catching on to it everyday. Like I just caught on to it this year and so did a few of my friends. So that tells me this show could easily go to season 9 or 10 and with that much time I think babies could easily become part of the equation, but as of now I think all anybody could handle is them babysitting to see how they handle that.

I don't think Jim wants to do the show that long. He's already said he can't see himself still playing Sheldon at 50. He'll want to do other things well before then.

If they pay him enough he'll stay lol I've heard actors say that that they want to do other things as well, but then they stay on if the money is good enough. And as long as the writing stays good. Also, most shows aren't as popular as TBBT is right now. When a show is as popular as TBBT network execs often will throw lots of money their way to keep the stars happy and get them to stay on longer. And he is only 39 now so even if the show went for another 4 or 5 years after this he still wouldn't be 50 yet. My guess would be that unless ratings drop dramatically in the next few years the show could easily go 9 seasons. And like I said I just looked and ratings have being going up.

I just hope they don't do what Two and Half Men did which is keep the show going if Jim Parsons decides he definitely wants out like they did when CHarlie Sheen left because I don't think TBBT would be good without Sheldon/Jim on it.

But Jim seems a lot nicer person than Charlie and not nearly as crazy so I think if they paid Jim as much as they use to pay Charlie or as much as they currently pay Ashton that Jim would probably stay on longer and TBBT is IMO much better show than the other THM ever was anyway.

Well we will have to see won't we? Quite frankly if Jim stayed on for money long after the show had run dry he would lose my respect. They are booked for two more seasons. I'd be happy for it to end after that. 

I believe that if they pay him enough, he will keep doing it. Acting is how he makes a living. The money gives him the freedom to do other projects during the off season that may not be as financially appealing but is something that the wants to do.

If the show is still good after two more seasons then I'd be happy for it to continue, and if not then I'd be fine to see it end before it became bad, but they'd all still have my respect as long as they keep doing what they love to do regardless. I doubt Jim would stay just for money thats just one factor, he'd stay because he loves the show and the writing and the people he works with all valid reasons to continue. From what I saw in interviews done after they hit the 100th episode milestone most of the actors and writers said they'd love it to go another 100 episodes. None of us have a crystal ball so of course we will just have to get through season six first, who knows what will happen, but I don't see myself growing tired of this show anytime soon so thats a good thing.

If the show is still good after two more seasons then I'd be happy for it to continue, and if not then I'd be fine to see it end before it became bad, but they'd all still have my respect as long as they keep doing what they love to do regardless. I doubt Jim would stay just for money thats just one factor, he'd stay because he loves the show and the writing and the people he works with all valid reasons to continue. From what I saw in interviews done after they hit the 100th episode milestone most of the actors and writers said they'd love it to go another 100 episodes. None of us have a crystal ball so of course we will just have to get through season six first, who knows what will happen, but I don't see myself growing tired of this show anytime soon so thats a good thing.

2 more seasons; yes please. Two more than that I'd love too. I could see an episode where suddenly Sheldon, let's say on 'bring your child to work day' has to wrangle all these children & he teaches them how to build a death ray. Pure Sheldon:icon_cheesygrin

As others have said, Sheldon can mature & have a relationship & still be his eccentric self. Look at Amy who has a big crush on Sheldon & said to Sheldon on 'magical new comic night' that she could understand him hunting his fellow man for sport. Eccentric and in love!

Regardless of how long the show does or doesn't run if they start having 'family' based story lines where they are all parents, raising children I won't be watching anymore. I'll move on. It just won't be the same show IMHO. In fact I can't think of anything worst for TBBT. We had another thread about this same issue not too long ago and I believe almost everyone agreed. Of course we are all entitled to like different things but it will have moved too far away from why I originally enjoyed the show.

2 more seasons; yes please. Two more than that I'd love too. I could see an episode where suddenly Sheldon, let's say on 'bring your child to work day' has to wrangle all these children & he teaches them how to build a death ray. Pure Sheldon:icon_cheesygrin

As others have said, Sheldon can mature & have a relationship & still be his eccentric self. Look at Amy who has a big crush on Sheldon & said to Sheldon on 'magical new comic night' that she could understand him hunting his fellow man for sport. Eccentric and in love!

Yes I agree annieogly. :) I think Sheldon is always going to be Sheldon no matter what situations the writer puts him in, whether its more physical contact in his relationship with Amy or a room full of kids or introducing his meemaw or a million other crazy situations all of it is just meant to be funny and give the characters a chance to learn or experience new things so show doesn't become stale repeating same storylines over and over. Thats what kills a show when characters just become cliches of themselves and nothing new ever happens. Jim is a great actor as are rest of cast so i have faith that they would find the humour in almost any situation its just a matter of good writing which TBBT also has so as long as they are game for it than I hope they go as long as they can go. There are not enough good tv shows on nowadays so I don't want to lose this one anytime soon.

I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion thats all these threads are for us to share ideas and opinions. So I can understand people not wanting TBBT to become just another family show but I don't think that will happen even if they had babies/children on it, especially if it was only for one or two episodes in the entire show.

The only reason I brought up the idea of babies in first place is because this is a thread about future predictions and I think the idea of nerds looking after children or babies could be incredibly funny storyline even if it were only for one episode. But, if it turned out that one of couples ends up having a baby on the show I would still watch it as long as show stayed funny and i'm sure so would a lot of people, but I can also understand if others don't like the idea or want that to happen just like I can understand that some people dont' like Shamy its all just a matter of opinions and sometimes people change their minds later as shows continue.

I could also see Shamy babysitting two young children a boy and a girl perhaps on Halloween night and Sheldon trying to explain to them where trick or treating really comes from or the kids gather around to tell a ghost story and Sheldon getting so afraid that he has to leave the room LOL or Penny asking Sheldon and Leonard to look after her teenage nephew, because teenagers strike a whole different cord with them than babies would like remember when Sheldon and Leonard had to deal with Dennis Kim. Sheldon's reactions to him were priceless. I just like to keep an open mind about it either way is all. :icon_biggrin:

yeh if they decide to have kids, we won't seeing much of those - sitting around the table eating chinese food and have that same kinda relationship, the programme will flow differently.

Besides Bernie and Howie only got married very recently, I think they'll postpone the children talk much later.

Though agreed it would be quite cool to see sheldon and amy babysitting. I can imagine them being in a room full of kids, and sheldon having planned out every single detail - like when every one's restroom use time is and playing random physics games. He could also attempt to teach them physics maybe :p

Yeh Guys dealing with babies and children is the cutest site ever :) It makes them 1000 times more attractive in my opinion haha!

Its sad that Jim doesn't want to be around children, wonder why he did that iCarly episode then? Even though the actors are teenagers, there were still lots of kids on the set. And he said he loved watching iCarly :/

Hmm since there is this similarity with Sheldon and leonard's mum, I have a feeling that sheldon's child will have the same childhood as leonard but maybe not..because sheldon also had a troublesome childhood - his parents constantly fighting, drunk dad and the differences between them. So maybe sheldon may raise his child better?

Also, didnt' Jim do the Muppet show too and Muppet movie. I mean those shows are for children, I can't imagine someone as sweet as him doesnt' like kids. He probably just doesn't like working on set with them because they can hold up production and be difficult to work with when they get upset, especially babies. That I can totally understand its not easy, but it just depends on the child actors some of them are much more well behaved than the adults LOL.

I think Sheldon's kids are going to love going over Aunt Penny and Uncle Leonard's house just like Leonard loved his Uncle Flyod. Because they will let them sit wherever they want and stay up past 9'o clock. But, good thing is Sheldon likes comic books and video games so I bet his kids will get there fill with those assuming he made sure to pick out comic books that didn't depict ladies with bosoms that can be used as floatation devices, because Amy wouldn't allow that. LOL

But, getting back to the foreseeable future I think in season six Sheldon and Amy should go on another trip away together and stay in the same hotel room, but with two different beds. And I'd also think it be funny to see an episode where Sheldon had to camp out in the woods with the guys i think that would be funny too.

Also, perhaps one where Penny, Bernadette and Amy go on their own adventure and when they get there realize Stuart was sleeping in the back of the car whole time. I think it be funny to see him hanging with just the girls for a change.

But, mainly I want to see Raj get something more to do than be the lonely guy with no one to love him, I feel so bad for him. I want him to have more going on.

Yeh he was in that muppet show. It seems like he doesn't really enjoy being around kids in general, there were lots of websites saying how he didn't want kids whereas his boyfriend did. But this is probably too personal and has nothing to do with his job.

Is it ok to bring up personal life in this particular forum?

My Humble Apologies if it is not.

The stuart idea sounds funny, can totally imagine his blank expression when he wakes up and realises he's far far away from home :D

I want to see more rock band stuff! with raj singing :p

Jim didn't say he wouldn't do a scene or episode that included a child. He said he didn't want a situation where there were children on the set on regular basis. Reportedly, it was the issue of children that lead to Jim's cancelling his wedding plans. This is what I read on here. Someone else that follows his personal life may know the details. Celebrities and their personal lives isn't my thing.

For me, I can say that the day a child becomes a regular character on TBBT is the day I stop watching.

Well I guess at the end of the day , if the actors/actresses don't want to do something , they can't really force them to.

Also , tell me more about this jim topic?

Thanks, I like the idea of Shamy babysitting together too. :)

But I do take issue with the idea that SHeldon will suddenly change entirely just if hypothetically he one day had a child. To me that sounds very similar to argument as to why people say Sheldon can't be with Amy that because he is in a relationship with a woman that it will ruin his character somehow by forcing him to grow up.

But, I don't think it will ruin him at all. Sheldon has always been and will always be a nerd and a super genius and a physicist and obessive compulsive and yes he acts like a child himself sometimes. All of those aspects are exactly what would make him such a great father someday because he would make sure his kids were always clean, that they got the right amount of fiber so their bowels were well regulated, etc. He wouldn't want his children to get sick like he did a lot as a child so he'd make sure to take them to doctor and he'd teach them all about science so they be very smart and he would also make up games to play with them like he does with Amy. Bascially he would apply all the same aspects of his personality that he applies to his friends and to his relationship with Amy to being a father if he ever became one. But that doesn't mean that he will suddenly change and become an entirely different person because that isnt' realistic at all.

I think the more valid reason for the couples on the show not having babies is what @HeWolf mentioned that if Jim doesn't want to work with children then they shouldn't have to because it won't be fun or ahealthy working environment for the children if the actors dont want to be around them on set and chemistry would be terrible in that case also.

But, I do think that Howard and Bernadette could end up having a child in a later season because they are married now and, Howard wants children, his mother wants grandchildren and Bernadette caved on the trip to space thing so I can see her giving in on the having kids thing too. Also, Howard has matured the most out of the four guys, so he is only one that I can see handling becoming a father anytime soon and by soon I mean season 7 or 8 with Bernadette telling him she's pregnant at the end of season 6 or 7.

But, Penny and Leonard are in no way shape or form ready at all because all though Leonard claims he wants to have babies with her , their relationship is already too much like Ross and Rachel as it is so them going through an unwed pregnancy type situation would be annoying to say the least.

As for Shamy they are definitely not ready to procreate any time soon I agree. And I think Sheldon needs to learn how to be in a relationship first and the physical give and take that goes along with that. And that is why I think Sheldon having to watch a baby or a baby animal with Amy would allow him the opportunity to put his scientific mind to work planning out all their activities to do with the baby only to have his world rocked when he finally realizes he can't control a baby just like he can't control Amy at least not all the time. And basically it just be funny to watch him scared to touch the baby like was with the bird then once he does actually love it, its perfect metaphor for Shamy's relationship growing over time to where Sheldon will finally stop being afraid of her and just give more love towards her.

But, whether its with a relationship with Amy or with babies or whatever it is that he does Sheldon will always do things in the Sheldonesque way that i am sure of so there is no need to worry about him becoming a regular guy all of sudden the writers would never let that happen.

I guess all I'm saying is 'never say never' when it comes to sitcoms because a lot of them that start off without children at the start but by the end of the show the couples end up with kids. I've seen it happen many times before and I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself for it if it ever does happen on TBBT in the future. Also, Chuck Lorre's other popular show the entire premise of it was a father and his brother raising a kid in same house, so that makes the chances of kids on TBBT more likely to me than not.

What you wrote about Sheldon raising a child brought something to my mind. You say he would teach them to be clean and well nourished and teach them science to be smart like him. It's all good, but what I was thinking, (If the show ever gets that far into the future) what if his kid came home from school one day crying that some of the bullies were calling him a nerd.

Sheldon all of a sudden draws a blank on how to help his son. He tells him I feel so bad for you. What can I do to help the situation? The son replies how come you never taught me how to play football or any sports? All the cool kids in school play sports.

Sheldon then reflects back to his own childhood in which his father force taught him to play football.

He begins to realize that he was making the same sort of mistake with his own son that his dad made with him, only the opposite. He then realizes that he needs to give his son the freedom to make the choices that is best for him.

Being that Sheldon has a photographic memory, he recalls what his dad taught him about football. To his son's MAJOR SURPRISE Sheldon begins to teach him the game.

Now I don't know how good Sheldon's coordination skills would or should be, considering that in the past it was displayed that they were not to well, (such as on the basketball court with Kripke) but who knows? Maybe he always knew how to either throw or kick a ball very well and it comes back to him as he teaches his son.

Yeah i'll keep checking

As for babies, well I think its an interesting possibility, but not a necessity. May I ask why not? even if it were just a babysiting episode?

Jim Parsons has gone on record that he would not want to work with children on the set on a regular basis.

Woah Woah! Jim Parsons is a professional actor. He gets paid millions for what he does. He also has NO say in what work he is given to perform on a regular basis. If it is demanded that a child be on the show then it is his obligation to work with the child or quit.

Let take baseball for example. Alex Rodriguez is a pro ball player. He hits lots of home runs. He gets paid millions. If the boss orders him to bunt the ball in a particular game, then it is his obligation to bunt and not try to hit the ball hard like he is normally accustomed too.

True, Jim Parsons is a professional actor. He is making millions playing Sheldon. His stated PREFERENCE is not to work on a show that has children on the set on a regular basis. He never said he would refuse, or quit. But those would certainly be options open to him. Then you've got TBBT without Sheldon. I would prefer Sheldon and no kids. But that is my preference. I don't watch TBBT to see a 'family oriented' sitcom.

True, Jim Parsons is a professional actor. He is making millions playing Sheldon. His stated PREFERENCE is not to work on a show that has children on the set on a regular basis. He never said he would refuse, or quit.

Precisely.

And I'm with him. No kids, please. As a rule, adding children to a show is its death knell, the last sign that they have officially, completely run out of ideas.

Yeh that's true , I bet if they keep on getting ideas to keep the show funny then they won't have to add kids for extra comedy.

True, Jim Parsons is a professional actor. He is making millions playing Sheldon. His stated PREFERENCE is not to work on a show that has children on the set on a regular basis. He never said he would refuse, or quit. But those would certainly be options open to him. Then you've got TBBT without Sheldon. I would prefer Sheldon and no kids. But that is my preference. I don't watch TBBT to see a 'family oriented' sitcom.

True, Jim Parsons is a professional actor. He is making millions playing Sheldon. His stated PREFERENCE is not to work on a show that has children on the set on a regular basis. He never said he would refuse, or quit.

Precisely.

And I'm with him. No kids, please. As a rule, adding children to a show is its death knell, the last sign that they have officially, completely run out of ideas.

Yeh that's true , I bet if they keep on getting ideas to keep the show funny then they won't have to add kids for extra comedy.

When we are all DONEEEEEEEEEE with TBBT let the girls have kiddies and we all watch as they ride off into the sunset and we say our fond farewells to seasons of enjoyable watching and spirited debate here on the forums, But until then its (BTB) Ban The Babies for me just sayin they have enough problems trying to be adults :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Babies? Kids? How boring and awful would that be?

Please, don't have the characters start families.

Well I think like right at the end of TBBT , one of the couples should have a baby. Maybe howard and bernardette?

Well I think like right at the end of TBBT , one of the couples should have a baby. Maybe howard and bernardette?

Yes, that would be nice.

Hey ya'll here's a link to my Schrondinger's Catastrophe fanfic. Hope you enjoy :)http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8235268/1/Schrodingers_Catastrophe

Oh Man!!! I can't wait to read the rest of the script, although I do recall you mentioning some of what happens at the hospital. It is amazing! I especially loved how you inserted great comic relief about Leonard's inhaler after the initial tragedy and Sheldon's biological romantic thoughts. Mrs. Wolowitz lines were hilarious!

Have you finished it all yet?