The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rogue849

Your favorite quotes

Hi! Sometimes (well, a lot of times), like last night in a boring wedding, I find myself rememberings some great TBBT quotes, and I thought it'd be good to talk about it and share our favorites. There are probably billions of great ones; for example, in The pulled groin extrapolation, when Amy is staring blankly into space:

Leonard: I thought you were reading.

Amy: I was. Now I'm thinking about what I read. (*stares blankly again, then back at Leonard, and then smiles*) You all right, Leonard? You seem very unconfortable.

It cracks me up the way she says that last line. And thinking about what she read? Well of course, that totally makes sense to me.

Sheldon (to Raj & Howard in the comic book store in response to Raj saying 'who had Leonard gets a floppy disk?'):

"A clever, albeit obsolete euphemism for insufficient blood flow to the male sex organ" (sly chuckle).

I love the one where the gang tries to help Sheldon with his stage fright and Penny said, So what do you say Sheldon, are we your X-men?

Sheldon: No, the X-men were named for the X in Charles Xavier. Since I am Sheldon Cooper, you will be, my C-men. :D

If you want to remember some classicShelodon quotes.. check here

I noticed on the page that they seemed to have stopped after season 4. Wonder if that means anything or whether they've just been busy.

Sheldon : I think that you [Leonard] have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with Penny as the Hubble telescope does of discovering at the center of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker.

LOL

Most of my favorite quotes center around Sheldon's scientific and factual relations of social convention, but the best ones are when he includes his Texas upbringing and weaves the knowledge of those sayings/mores into the statement. (like his observation on Texas football, which I found hilarious) And sometimes he's a great geek version of Tom Lehrer. (Fight Fiercely Harvard...)

But if I have to pick one, I laughed at this one for several minutes, off and on:

Leonard: “Let me see if I can explain your situation using physics. What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline plan wrapped helically around an axis?â€

The "I can grow my own Leonard Nemoy!!" is classic, as was the delivery of Penny's "Look Leonard... Sheldon's HUGGING ME!" immediately after.

Others

"Ass!!! "......Possible Tourrettes"

"Boldly Go Howard Wolowitz"

Not sure if this is word perfect but it is from one of my favourite episodes, 'The Griffin Equivalency.'

Sheldon, "I wanted to create a new pet, something I could snuggle with at night yet would be capable of killing on telepathic command.'

Howard, "So, not a puppy.'

Sheldon, "Please, nothing so pedestrian. I wanted a griffin, you know half eagle, half lion.'

Leonard, "And mythological."

Sheldon, "Irrelevant, I had been studying cloning techniques and was pretty sure I could make one. Unfortunately my parents were unwilling to get the necessary eagle eggs and lion semen. But of course my sister got swimming lessons when she wanted them."

I nearly pulled a stomach muscle laughing the first time I saw this scene.

"and if you'd like after the game, I'll take you outside and teach you how to shoot close enough to a racoon that it craps itself."

Anyone can help, please. :)

I am not 100% sure if Sheldon once said that Dr. Spock as a Vulcan only had sex once during his life time. Do I remember it right or wrong?

Edited by wannamaker

I'm usually not really a Sheldon quotes fan but one of my fave lines from the show is...

"I believe the appropriate metaphors here involves a river of excrement and a native american transportation device with no means of propulsion"

I am not 100% sure if Sheldon once said that Dr. Spock as a Vulcan only had sex once during his life time. Do I remember it right or wrong?

He says something very similar... I think he says once a year though

I love so many quotes, but I really love tonight's Sheldon quotes.

"yes.... that is the reason my work is suffering because of all the LAID I'm getting!"

"Its a possibility!" to Leonard and Penny

No, I gave it to her WELL!"

and "YES COCOA!   

once a year

Thanks. I've been searching the internet for a good profile-report on Dr. Spock.

So  many... but they don't tell me what I want to know.

Hope you are right then :)

You are the on that I'm with, you know that I love you so will you please relax because your driving me crazy!

• Like 1

It's once every seven years (pon farr)--and Spock is Mr. Spock, not Dr. Spock. Dr. Spock was a pediatrician in the 50s-70s or so. :)

It's once every seven years (pon farr)--and Spock is Mr. Spock, not Dr. Spock. Dr. Spock was a pediatrician in the 50s-70s or so. :)

Thanks a lot phantagrae :)

So it was every seven years for Mr. Spock...unlike us humans that every seven years we get the 7year itch :lol: