The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
4ofN

Which of the characters would actually watch TBBT?

So, I saw a question elsewhere on the net asking if the characters on the show would themselves watch the big bang theory. This would assume that the characters would not recognise themselves in the show, but that the show itself would be identical in every other way.

Which of the characters would watch it?

Also, due to the changes in the show that I'll peg as being initiated in season 4 (I think most people would agree that is when the show underwent the biggest change - or saw the beginning of the improvements - or evolved to become better - or jumped the shark - or however you want to say it based on your feelings), I'm going to split this into Season 1-3 and Season 4-5.

Leonard (1-3): I think he would watch it as it dealt with things he liked or would have experienced.

Leonard (4-5): I don't think he would watch it any more. Too relationshippy

Sheldon (1-3): Same as Leonard

Sheldon (4-5): Same as Leonard

Howard (1-3): Same as Leonard

Howard (4-5): He would watch it because Bernadette would watch it, but not for the relationships, his main interest would be checking out the hot girls.

Raj (1-3): Same as Leonard. He would have watched it.

Raj (4-5): Raj would like the show even more. Like a lot of the people on this forum, he would see the show as improving.

Penny (1-3): I doubt she would have watched prior to meeting the guys. Too nerdy.

Penny (4-5): Now I think she would be a big fan. She would think that Sheldon is GORGEOUS but that she doen't like his new hair style and would be saying awwwwww when the characters held hands in the recent finale.

Bernadette (1-3): She may or may not have watched it initially. She is a scientist, but doesn't seem to be as much of a nerd as the guys.

Bernadette (4-5): She would probably like it and watch it with Penny or Howard.

Amy (1-3): I doubt she would enjoy much of what is on tv but would have enjoyed this show for the science more than the nerdyness.

Amy (4-5): She would like the show now. She would probably sit there watching with her toothbrush in hand dreaming about all of the potential pairings.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I don't separate on seasons, because the show is the same, like it or not. it has changed, sure, but deal with it. It's the same show.

Sheldon wouldn't watch it. He doesn't seem to care on any other gender than sci-fi. And if, for some reason he did watch it, he wouldn't have stoped watching it after the 4th season. Mary Cooper didn't raise no quitters.

Leonard wouldn't it. Only because Sheldon wouldn't let him.

Raj would watch it... he would be a Shenny shipper.

Howard would watch it. Only to see Penny in cleaveage.

Amy wouldn't. At all. She doesn't seem to care at all about TV. She never talks about it, so no, I don't think she would watch.

Bernadette wouldn't. I don't think she watches TV either.

Penny wouldn't watch it, she is too busy watching The Jersey Shore / Reality Shows.

Heeeeeey, I wrote on an earlier thread that Sheldon doesn't watch his own show. I stand by that and I think the watchers would be... Leonard and Raj.

Sheldon would think: "That Sheldon character thinks he knows it all. He's never going to win the nobel prize. Who is he kidding?"

Leonard would watch to see if the nerd got the girl. He pretends he hates it but he's secretly a romantic.

Raj wouldn't watch until Season 4-5 but he'd say "What a bunch of losers"

Penny wouldn't watch at all. "I don't get it"

Howard would watch the show for Penny and his bubble bath fantasies.

And I agree Amy and Bernadette don't watch TV (her mother wouldn't let her watch Grease)

Sheldon wouldn't watch, as he sees himself as too intelligent and evolved for the science references. The Leonard/Penny thing would turn him off.

Leonard would have liked the earlier seasons and he would identify himself with the guys. He might watch S4 and S5 episodes with Penny.

Howard wouldn't watch because he's too busy picking up women of course. Besides, his mom is always in front of the television, watching soap operas and reality shows.

Raj might watch S1-S3 (I'm not too sure), but he would definitely become a big fan after the fourth season. He would be sitting in front of the television, his box of tissues besides him, shipping everything there is to ship. There can't be drama enough for Raj.

He would be very active in the online fandom as well, posting cute pictures of his favorite couples on fansites.

Penny would watch a few a episodes while hanging out with Leonard, she wouldn't get the science references but she would definitely be rooting for some 'cute' couple. She would become a hardcore fan after season 4.

Amy wouldn't watch, she's too busy drooling over pictures of Penny and playing Twister with her smoking monkey.

I actually have no idea about Bernadette.

This is interesting.

I agree with the estimation of Raj/Leonard watching. Raj would certainly be an avid fan, he's already shown a proclivity to TV shows (watching Good Wife through the telescope?) and to any feel-good reading/watching material. And Leonard would certainly identify, both with the nerd's girl problems as well as the science/geekiness shown. He might have to watch it secretly, though.

I don't think Sheldon or Amy would watch.

Howard and Bernadette might watch it together, but I don't see them becoming fans.

Penny just might watch it with Leonard some time. But she has plenty of other things more to her taste, on TV.

season 4 (I think most people would agree that is when the show underwent the biggest change - or saw the beginning of the improvements - or evolved to become better - or jumped the shark - or however you want to say it based on your feelings)

I actually like this sentence. :) But I don't see enough of a difference to be able to split likings in that way.

Raj would watch the hell out of it. Pretty girls, nerdy guys, two of them date hot chicks - one guy even got married to one. He'd identify with everybody and secretly want to be Leonard or Howard at bedtime.