The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShellyBean

Raj's mutism

Raj to overcome his mutism at some point in season 6 ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Raj to overcome his mutism at some point in season 6 ?

• Yes
    • No

Do you think Raj will find a cure for his selective mutism in season 6? Or will it be just one of the "special" things about the guys that will never change to keep the show funny and original? To name a few..

Howard living with his mother

Leonard's lactose intolerance (There IS a cure for that btw)

Sheldon being a germ-phobe.

I think they should find a new way to make Raj speak to women, like drugs? lol

What do you guys think?

Do you think Raj will find a cure for his selective mutism in season 6? Or will it be just one of the "special" things about the guys that will never change to keep the show funny and original? To name a few..

What do you guys think?

They tried the "drug" thing remember it didn't work out so well for the home team.Come to think of it why no "get Raj out of jail" episode hmmmm believe "Public Nudity" is a crime in Cal.

What do you guys think?

They tried the "drug" thing remember it didn't work out so well for the home team.Come to think of it why no "get Raj out of jail" episode hmmmm believe "Public Nudity" is a crime in Cal.

Maybe they could give him a fright, like you do when someones got the hiccups. :icon_lol:

This would take a lot of time and thought. Considering the amount of screen time Raj got this season, I doubt that the writers are going to invest that much time in his character. I think the writers will keep his mutism the way it is, much easier.

Personally I think they will cure Raj's mutism this season. They will find some funny/quirky way to do it. If they don't cure his mutism about the only option is to let him drift over to the gay side. How is he ever going to have a relationship with a woman when he wasn't even able to talk to Penny after being in the sack with her? At this point it's either cure his mutism or find him a boyfriend.

it's not like Raj is a silent character... he DOES talk.

his selective-mutism isn't even brought up on the show as much anymore.

it's just one of his character traits you need to accept.

He's gonna get some new friend, whom he talks to all the time. He will think it is some dude. Then one day, his new friend will take off their baseball cap and huge loose jacket, and reveal themselves to be a chick, and he will realize he can talk to her all on his own.

He's gonna get some new friend, whom he talks to all the time. He will think it is some dude. Then one day, his new friend will take off their baseball cap and huge loose jacket, and reveal themselves to be a chick, and he will realize he can talk to her all on his own.

Love this!

That would be awesome, only if we can send this to one of the writer's of the show.. :icon_wink:

What do you guys think?

Maybe they could give him a fright, like you do when someones got the hiccups. :icon_lol:

:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: That should work.....he should get over it...it's begining to be annoyning.

Add my vote for SydNC's idea. A girl with a baseball cap and huge jacket becoming friends with all the nerds. Raj is attracted to "him" and begins to think he's gay then he's revealed as a she. One question, why would the girl be trying to look like a guy? How could she be pretty and not look mannish and still pull it off?

They need to get rid of it if his character is ever going to grow. He used to be one of my favorite characters, but now he's kind of a joke (and not the good kind).

Yep, I agree. His mutism was funny when he first met Penny, Sheldon's sister and was unable to talk to Leonard's mother when she asked if he was married to Howard

But after 5 seasons I think it's time to show some real character development, they should get him a girlfriend(American)..I'm tired of seeing Raj both drunk and mute.

(btw, I love your username and dp xD)

:icon_idea: Still think they should have Amy "cure" him somehow and perhaps Bernie helps and to have him "normal" would be nice.I like the Raj character but like others have stated it "WAS" funny at first.....But.They need to cure him and make his character productive or kill him off put him in a box and ship back to India...sorry :icon_cry:

When looking back at last season(5) I think they should have just fixed Raj's mutism, got him a girlfriend and postponed Leonard getting back together with Penny to season 6 ..but o well..that didn't happen.

Reply to garyp's post

Add my vote for SydNC's idea. A girl with a baseball cap and huge jacket becoming friends with all the nerds. Raj is attracted to "him" and begins to think he's gay then he's revealed as a she. One question, why would the girl be trying to look like a guy? How could she be pretty and not look mannish and still pull it off?

Option 1 : Maybe Howard, Penny and Amy could come up with this idea, find a random girl with a manly voice and make her hang out with Raj? It's pretty clear that Raj's mutism is NOT cured by alcohol, he was able to talk to Summer Glau while drinking non-alcoholic beer.

Option 2 : Penny can find Raj a girlfriend who is pretending to be deaf. If anyone remembers, he was able to talk in front of the deaf girl (Emily?) early on in the season. I was kind of hoping in that episode that she really wasn't deaf and the whole thing was a set up but it didn't turn out like that.

Option 3 : Drugs(the episode where he takes off his clothes in front of a girl)

Option 4 : Medication ( the episode where he was able to talk to Sheldon's sister)

Well..that's all I can think of !

When looking back at last season(5) I think they should have just fixed Raj's mutism, got him a girlfriend and postponed Leonard getting back together with Penny to season 6 ..but o well..that didn't happen.

Reply to garyp's post

Option 1 : Maybe Howard, Penny and Amy could come up with this idea, find a random girl with a manly voice and make her hang out with Raj? It's pretty clear that Raj's mutism is NOT cured by alcohol, he was able to talk to Summer Glau while drinking non-alcoholic beer.

Option 2 : Penny can find Raj a girlfriend who is pretending to be deaf. If anyone remembers, he was able to talk in front of the deaf girl (Emily?) early on in the season. I was kind of hoping in that episode that she really wasn't deaf and the whole thing was a set up but it didn't turn out like that.

Option 3 : Drugs(the episode where he takes off his clothes in front of a girl)

Option 4 : Medication ( the episode where he was able to talk to Sheldon's sister)

Doesn't even have to be a romantic interest for Raj, just proof that he can indeed talk to girls.

OR, he says "screw it, I'm gay" and now, suddenly his mutism is reversed and he can ONLY talk to girls.

I think raj should have his Mutism cured because when he does talk he is generally pretty funny and if they do this maybe downplay wolowitz a bit he is getting boring with his one note melody also get rid of Amy or atleast as sheldons girlfriend that is not right to his character

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I still think it would be cool for Amy to experiment with Raj and after a couple of failures she could cure him.. Two birds in one stone, as I would like to see some Amy/Raj dynamic. Also, Sheldon would get all jealous and I like jealous Sheldon and Raj vs Sheldon plots.

They could just re-do the train experiment. Invite him over for drinks and give him non-alcoholic stuff. And another time do the opposite, give him a virgin cocktail that is, as Penny would say, slutty. Then he would gett a buzz and for a while not realize why, and I bet he would still be mute. Pound it into his head that the alcohol has nothing to do with it.

Although they have tried a drugs cure for this in the past I'm sure, speaking from experience, that there must be many other medical possibilities for his problem. The issue is whether this would be funny for the audience. I think at this stage Raj should at least be able to talk to the three main girls without alcohol and the writers have made a mistake by not allowing this.

The other option would be for his character to diminish even further which would be a real shame as he is still one of my favourites. The idea of Amy experimenting on him is a good one and would give Raj a proper storyline instead of only being present in the occasional scene we currently see him in.