The only reason they let her eat is that they might get to fool around with her? That's absurd...

In the beginning that was not out of the realm of possibility. I'm certain if Raj could get her drunk at dinner he might take advantage of her. If Wolowitz was single he would still be throwing out the hits hoping something would eventually connect. Well Leonard had a thing for her before he even eally got to know her. Sorry, I guess we can believe what we want, but it's not everyday a hot girl comes around nerds and even gives them the time of day.

It's simple. Over the course of time she has become one of the group. It is fairly obvious that the reason they invited her to start eating with them was simply because she was a hot chick. But as she spent more time with them she has become part of the group dynamic and she does contribute to the group although not much monetarily. When they have relationship problems, not just romantic, who do they end up going to? The fact is that Leonard and Sheldon have decided that what ever financial burdens she may incur, it is worth it to have her as a friend. It would seem that to them, the money aspect is not as important as it may be to others. In the episode where Sheldon and Penny where fighting and Sheldon threw Penny's clothes over the telephone wires, he cut off her wifi and no one else could restore it. He could do that again if he wanted to. Leonard treats it as though it was normal for her to use their wifi and for him to pay for her meals. It is just something that is less important to him then the dollar cost.

I love Penny. She's a sitcom character who's young and looking to be an actress. If she was such a slut, she would have tried to sleep with someone to get a movie part. She's never done that. A "slut" is someone who has promiscuous sex. That's not Penny.

She has commitment issues which is why when Leonard told her he loved her she freaked. Not to mention that Leonard pushed the issue... I'm actually a huge fan of the couple but lets not put all the problems on Penny.