The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rhys_Sutherland

best place you have ever visited

For me it had to be Orlando Florida back in 2007 really enjoyed just the shear size of the theme parks it was extremely enjoyable and also the choice of restaurants was astoundingly and the price and quantity was phenomenal over in Britain you get charge way too much for food

But still to this day i think that the ponderosa steakhouse was by far the best place to eat

please share your most favorite place to have visited

I love living in California, so there's that... but I adapt easily and don't really mind going anywhere. The only place where I didn't enjoy myself was Nebraska. My sister lived in Omaha for 10 years and I just didn't get it (and I laugh when they make Penny/Nebraska jokes on the show).

My favorite place that I've been to in the United States is Washington DC. The first time I ever went there I felt like I already had been there before and it felt like I was 'home.' Super odd. It was like some weird time-slip phenomenon or something, like I had lived there previously. I've been there four different times since, and I feel the same way every time. I could live there for a while.

Second place is San Francisco, followed by south-central Alaska (weird, I know), and Hawai'i.

I've never been out of the country, though I did spend an hour in Canada once... lol.

My favourite place is Florence in Italy. I once spent an enchanted week there and fell in love with the paintings, architecture, leather workshops, everything. I do so want to go back real soon.

Venice in Italy, spent a week there and it was just beautiful. One night we went for a walk through the tiniest of streets and got lost and we heard singing, a man's baritone voice, we walked towards the singing and turned a corner and there was a cafe full of people and a man busking outside the cafe. We sat down, drank wine and just enjoyed the moment. I also loved, loved Rome.

Oh, fellow lovers of Italy! :icon_biggrin:

For me, Italy is probably also the best place, since I keep coming back... Although sailing and diving in BVI comes close second, or maybe its 50/50. :icon_cheesygrin:

I adore wondering the streets and getting lost in Venice, but Florence is just okay. It's so funny, given that one of my undergrad majors was in art history, one would think I'd be more interested in art, but apart from the very first visit to Italy I never set foot in other museum, LOL!

My absolute favorite is exploring the Tuscan countryside with its beautiful peaceful vistas and quaint little towns, going for best meals ever in unknown tiny villages, relaxing in warm thermal pools, taking in the muds... Two words - total relaxation. :icon_cheesygrin:

P.S. I love Orlando too. Islands of Adventure - the best theme park ever!

Bear Guy says....."Amsterdam" #1 however was stationed overseas for many years so access to europe in general was "AWSOME".

Italy Lovers....Yes "Amore" so many things, loved seeing the "Vatican" and the "Coliseum" was very kool.

Just loved hoping on the train and being a gypsy traveler and seeing the sites.

I previous worked on the PGA Tour (golf) and attended somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 Tournaments over two years, in nearly every major city in the USA.

My favorite cities include New York, Chicago, Orlando in that order.

Niagara Falls is also magnificent

Cooperstown, NY makes the list as well.

On my list of placed I want to go... Liverpool, Dublin, and Rome.

Bear Guy says....."Amsterdam" #1 however was stationed overseas for many years so access to europe in general was "AWSOME".

Italy Lovers....Yes "Amore" so many things, loved seeing the "Vatican" and the "Coliseum" was very kool.

Just loved hoping on the train and being a gypsy traveler and seeing the sites.

I nearly got run over by a tram in Amsterdam, and then some guy pushed a bag at me with drugs in it he was selling. But in saying that it was a very beautiful city, although I was really surprised at the amount of graffiti on the lovely old buildings.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I am gonna be another member of the Italy LOVE team then! I was in Rome, Venice and Sicily. Venice was the most beautiful, but I had a great time in Rome too. I speak very good italian so, everyone was very nice :) (also, italian guys are cute, too cute).

So, Number 1 would be Venice.

..and number 2: Berlin. I lived there for 6 months and, being the music fan I am, I never had a better time than going to concerts & art happenings there practically every night. The underground cultural scene on Berlin is so amazing, so many people from so many parts of the world doing what they love. I need to go back to Berlin! so, number 2 is Berlin, not so much for the city (although is gorgeous) but for what everything that happens beneath the surface.

I need to go back to Berlin! so, number 2 is Berlin, not so much for the city (although is gorgeous) but for what everything that happens beneath the surface.

What did you think of German opera?

I'm a huge opera fan, but their unconventional productions of singing a romantic area while sitting naked on a toilet leave me scratching my head... :icon_lol: Those weird Germans! :icon_lol:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I need to go back to Berlin! so, number 2 is Berlin, not so much for the city (although is gorgeous) but for what everything that happens beneath the surface.

What did you think of German opera?

I'm a huge opera fan, but their unconventional productions of singing a romantic area while sitting naked on a toilet leave me scratching my head... :icon_lol: Those weird Germans! :icon_lol:

I only saw a Don Giovanni rendition at the Volksbühne (everybody was dressed in black contemporary suits, there was no stage, only smoke and red/white lights... quite cool actually :D - & a rendition of La Boheme at the Orphtheater with drag queens and donkeys with masks on (real donkeys) on like a big metal platform and nothing else... but it was fun!!!!! If it wasn't because I already knew La Boheme though I wouldn't have understood a single thing of what was going on... but I only saw those two Operas...

Germans do be crazy LOL!

I did go to hundreds of concerts since I am more of a rock nerd and I did go at least once a week to the Bar jeder Vernunft which is a Cabaret, I loved it there. I miss it! :(

Best places I've ever visited? It's a toss up between three places:

Tambopata River, Peru

Galapagos Islands

Alaska, Copper River

I've never been to Italy but I hope to go someday. Florence sounds absolutely fabulous - lucky y'all.

I have traveled quite a lot and think I could live (and be happy) in...

Valencia - Spain (actually I just love Spanish culture in general!!), Florence - Italy, Oxford - England (and although I live there, I love London too!) I also loved San Diego and New Hampshire in the U.S.A. America is a great country to visit!

One of the most beautiful country sides was visiting friends in Grenoble, France...it was just amazing!

I would have to say Las Vegas Nevada. As a matter of fact the 3rd time I went there I ended up staying for almost 34 years. It's true, although it hasn't been fun ALL the time.

Although I grew up not far from New York City, when I went back there for a vacation for a few days a couple of years ago, I got to experience it as I never have before. Staying at The Westin Hotel for 3 nights in Times Square was awesome. so many places to see. A nice walk to Strawberry Fields in Central Park, Little Italy, Yankee Stadium. It was a blast.

I've always loved Orlando Florida too, especially having some family that lives there. Several times I got hooked up for free to stay in a nice timeshare place with HUGE rooms and Hot Tubs, once close by all the theme parks and once at the Meridian Hotel on New Smyrna beach. I had a first floor room there right in front of the beach. Waking up to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic from my patio was breath taking.

I can't pick one place! There's so many beautiful places in the world! Italy in general - Florence, Venice, Rome, Sorrento, Capri - I loved it all. I loved London, too. I always thought 'beans on toast' was just some weird thing my friend with an English mother used to eat until I saw it in a cafe there. :)

Tanzania is quite amazing and I had an awesome time in Zanzibar. Between the carnival feeling at night along the waterfront, the history of Stone Town, super cheap and unbelievably delicious food, pristine beaches and our tour of a spice farm, it was one of the most unique and fun times I can remember.

And oh, New Zealand. Gorgeous country. The north island reminded me of England with its green pastureland and rock walls; the south island actually reminded me a lot of home - Colorado. Christchurch was one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen. It makes me so sad that so much of it was damaged in the earthquakes. And the people in NZ were probably the nicest of anywhere I've been.

In the US, my favorite cities outside of Denver are Seattle and Boston.

For all the places I've been, though, there is no place like Colorado. Every time I come back and see that wall of the Rockies, I know there's nowhere else I'd rather live. :)

I watched all the Hannibal Lecter films back to back yesterday and was so moved by seeing beautiful Florence again (in the last film Hannibal), I was watching with one eye on the film - and the other on my iPad looking for possible music teaching jobs LMAO!!

I am black haired and dark eyed and tan very easily, I know I could slot right in here or Spain!!

Matt