The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slicknickshady

Will Kaley Cuoco ever be nominated for an Emmy?

Will Kaley Cuoco ever be nominated for an Emmy?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kaley Cuoco ever be nominated for an Emmy?

I wonder if Kaley Cuoco will ever be nominated for an Emmy. She deserves to at least be nominated! She is great in Big Bang Theory. I honestly have no clue. Jim has of course been nominated and won. Twice. Johnny was nominated last year. There is now talk Mayim could be nominated this year.

And they all deserve it in my mind. I just wonder why is Kaley seemingly always left out of the discussion?

Is the actress category just more difficult to get into?

This has been a thought i have had for a while. I don't expect to see her ever nominated for one, but I think she deserves to be. I'm not saying she should win. But she deserves to be nominated. I'm just going to vote "Yes" though cause it's what I hope for but i don't think it will happen.

Not seeing it. JMO but her role can come across as trashy I suppose. While she is good on the show she just seems like a dime a dozen.

I guess the only wiggle room I can see is if they nominate Mayim anyone should be able to atleast be nominated. I can see Kaley being nominated but not winning.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Sadly, no I don't think she will be nominated. As much as everyone loves Penny, and as much as Kaley is a great comedy actress, the Penny character is not a hard or complex character to play, at least not compared to the other Lead Female characters on TV nowadays.

That's my theory as well.

Both of you have great points. The Role she plays isnt exactly uncommon among sitcoms. And right or wrong the so called experts who do the nominations may think as Leonard + Penny said...The role is trashy. Even though i disagree with that, some so called experts probably think that.

I bring up Mayim because Entertainment Weekly had her picture as the bullseye for emmy nomination season. Now that may not mean anything but i guess i take that to mean Mayim may be getting at least some consideration.

And I think Mayim is great and deserves a nomination. But i just got me think has Kaley ever came close to a nomination and will she ever get one (a nomination).

Well, this year Variety made an article about Mayim as an Emmy hopeful, and she was actually the only female actress they featured. Variety is a big name among critics, so the Mayim buzz is quite strong. In the case of Mayim, is not just wishful thinking, a lot of entertainment sites & magazines have been talking about it, even before the season ended...

Mayim also has in her advantage to be a well-known name in the industry since decades ago, and having worked with people like Garry Marshall, Larry David and Woody Allen amongst others. That certainly does have an influence on the critics. But even then, is still not a sure thing.

And yeah, Kaley is great and she really deserves it as well, but as I said before, sadly her character is not a breakout one on TV, so I don't think it will happen.

Yep, I can't disagree with that.

With all this said..I'm rooting for them all to get nominations. :)

Jim, Johnny, Simon, Kunal, Mayim, Kaley, Mellisa. haha.

Well, this year Variety made an article about Mayim as an Emmy hopeful, and she was actually the only female actress they featured. Variety is a big name among critics, so the Mayim buzz is quite strong. In the case of Mayim, is not just wishful thinking, a lot of entertainment sites & magazines have been talking about it, even before the season ended...

Mayim also has in her advantage to be a well-known name in the industry since decades ago, and having worked with people like Garry Marshall, Larry David and Woody Allen amongst others. That certainly does have an influence on the critics. But even then, is still not a sure thing.

And yeah, Kaley is great and she really deserves it as well, but as I said before, sadly her character is not a breakout one on TV, so I don't think it will happen.

Mayim is like Galecki in that regard. Johnny was nominated before because he's been around. He was on Roseanne for a few years. Granted he had a pansy role i'm not sure he will ever fully shed off.

What you said about Kaley is the reason Jim got nominated before. Sheldon is a one of a kind eccentric character. Kaley would need for Penny to become this. Another route would be to ditch Big Bang and try and get on a more serious show like a Grey's or something.

Kaley has played the role of Penny astoundingly well.

Penny must be a extremely complex character to act as she is an emotional wreck due to past relationships and her failed dreams of being an 'big time' actress

so i do think that Kaley should be nominated for an Emmy

I think Kaley does a masterful job a portraying Penny. The character is not really that simple, and much of the comedy in her scenes would fail if Kaley wasn't as good as she is.

TBBT is not one of the "in" shows like 30 Rock, The Office, Modern Family and many others. This works against the actors. Jim has never been the predicted winner of the awards he's been nominated for.

It was interesting that last year people thought it would be Johnny who would win it if not Steve Carrel (who i didnt think would win but at a lot did). But I predicted Jim would take it and he did. (Not exactly going out on a limb) I think a three peat for Jim will be difficult. Baldwin what won it two years in a row before he lost it to Jim for Jim's first win. I think it's tough to win three years in a row.

I think Kaley does a masterful job a portraying Penny. The character is not really that simple, and much of the comedy in her scenes would fail if Kaley wasn't as good as she is.

TBBT is not one of the "in" shows like 30 Rock, The Office, Modern Family and many others. This works against the actors. Jim has never been the predicted winner of the awards he's been nominated for.

I don't want to be portrayed as negative but life more often than not is difficult. I agree for TV her role isn't common but in real life I know many broke people at that age struggling to get by, so I guess for that, her role is nothing special. While she does a good job the role just seems hard to respect on some levels and for older people no of my age I think i could see why

I agree the show isn't as in. I would say these shows all play a unique angle and are all different. Big Bang while it has the geeks is something that probably theoretically could be fit in to all the other programs to some degree.

I think Kaley deserves to be nominated. She makes Penny look easy and simple and there lies the skill as she has to act out alot of complex emotions for her character and yet make her appealing and fun.

I think Kaley needs a "Penny" episode that allows her talent to shine. Preferably with not too many long scenes with Jim or Mayim as they tend to be scene stealers and I mean that in a nice way.

Penny must be a extremely complex character to act as she is an emotional wreck due to past relationships and her failed dreams of being an 'big time' actress

Kaley will get her nomination next season. The writer are going to "open up" Penny's head to explain her fears about the L/P ship which will give her plenty of chances to chew some scenery, so to speak.

That's the kind of thing the academy loves.

I don't think she will - not because she isn't good, but because the character isn't that unusual. Sort of like Fischer and Krasinski on The Office - they made the show great, but their characters were everyman - not unusual or showy.

I hate to say this, but do not think jim will win this year. this season just hasn't compared to the seasons he won, in my opinion.

I am unsure why johnny got nominated last year and penny did not. I think she is just as good a johnny on big bang.

Johnny was nominated last year for "The Benefactor Factor" and Jim was nominated for "The Agreement Dissection". Kaley did not have any standout episodes like those at all, strong enough to be nominated for.

Kaley will get her nomination next season. The writer are going to "open up" Penny's head to explain her fears about the L/P ship which will give her plenty of chances to chew some scenery, so to speak.

That's the kind of thing the academy loves.

What makes you think that will happen? Insider info?

kaley would be nominated, do not

think she could win. mayim wood have

a better chance to win she is not

in main role,like kaley.

I don't think she's a good actress at all. I just don't think she has much range.

I caught a rerun of her old show, 8 Simple Rules, and she was EXACTLY the same. (voice, looks, expressions, etc).

I don't think she's a good actress at all. I just don't think she has much range.

I caught a rerun of her old show, 8 Simple Rules, and she was EXACTLY the same. (voice, looks, expressions, etc).

I agree, eventhough that show was a few years before BBT. I just don't see whats so special. She's good looking. IK've seen hotter, i've seen uglier. The writers make her funny, they write the lines. Most comedic roles could be played by anyone who acts. There are a few standouts but most of them are comedians(like a Seinfeld) Jim Parsons who portrays Sheldon VERY WELL is an exception to the rule type of a deal.

I agree, eventhough that show was a few years before BBT. I just don't see whats so special. She's good looking. IK've seen hotter, i've seen uglier. The writers make her funny, they write the lines. Most comedic roles could be played by anyone who acts. There are a few standouts but most of them are comedians(like a Seinfeld) Jim Parsons who portrays Sheldon VERY WELL is an exception to the rule type of a deal.

exactly, Jim Parsons IS an actor. he's got range, talent, speech, movement etc.

but Kaley, in my opinion, has always been bland and not that great of an actress.

Expressions IMHO are Kaley's strong point. Not unlike Johnny Carson who was the master on "Takes". I guess what I am saying is Kaley is a great Re-actor. However I think she is an actress. She sure plays Penny in a convincing way. I haven't seen her in any other production so I can't comment on her Range. I am not so sure about an Emmy,

Most comedic roles could be played by anyone who acts? Really? I take it you are not an actor? To quote the great British actor, Sir Donald Wolfit, on his deathbed, "dying is easy. comedy is hard." Take it to the bank. Comedy is the hardest kind of acting and requires the greatest skill, because it must be subtle or it loses any comedic value. It's much easier to get someone to cry and scream than to get them to laugh. I can fall to my knees and wail at the heavens and get a reaction, but great comedic actors, like Jack Benny, could elicit raucous laughter without a sound, with just a gesture and a look.

Don't underestimate Kaley Cuoco's ability. She is a master of facial expressions. You never have any doubt what her character is thinking and her comic timing is both subtle and right on target. Her skills have grown appreciably in the 5 years she has been on TBBT. Working with a great director and an incredibly talented ensemble cast has been a boon to her. If anything has held her back from awards, it has been the writing of her character, not her performance of it.

Although I have always heard that actors claim that comedy is much more difficult then drama, I still don't see Kaley ever actually winning a Emmy although there is a small chance that she might be nominated. Frankly I do not think she is that good of an actress, although it could very well be the part she plays. Either way, I don't think it will happen.