The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wulf3

This shows decline.

Also, Priya isn't around, so Raj isn't being forced to choose between the two. He can hang with Leonard, and still Skype with his sister the way he would have before she was introduced into the show.

It's different. The friend can't be upset with you for what the sister does.. the bro code is still upheld lol

You might be upset with your friend when he starts telling all his other "bros" that your sister is a slut.

Rather than argue with the women on this forum, I think of my favorite Sheldon Quote, pour myself a glass of wine, and walk away from the computer.

:icon_idea:

Yet, I don't remember Leonard calling Priya a slut and to be fair, he was on his way to cheating on her because of the long distance.

Rather than argue with the women on this forum, I think of my favorite Sheldon Quote, pour myself a glass of wine, and walk away from the computer.

I wonder how many people's gender you're misreading here.

Yet, I don't remember Leonard calling Priya a slut and to be fair, he was on his way to cheating on her because of the long distance.

Actually, Leonard passed on the chance to cheat on Priya. Then he told Priya what happened. But, you're right. He never called her a slut.

Actually, Leonard passed on the chance to cheat on Priya. Then he told Priya what happened. But, you're right. He never called her a slut.

Don't care that she is or isn't a slut, just care that she is gone. And, good riddance.

Don't care that she is or isn't a slut, just care that she is gone. And, good riddance.

Agree 100%! I detest Priya.

+1 I didn't like Priya.

I was so happy when they finally got rid of her. I couldn't stand her character.

How could anyone not like Priya? She was everything you'd want in a girlfriend-for-the-time-being of Leonard (assuming you root for Leonard). She was the smart, sophisticated, successful, beautiful girl who gave Leonard all the physical affection he could ask for (including shower sex, SERIOUSLY? After like only a few weeks! Yep, she's a slut) but at least hides it well under her higher education and big time job.

She made Penny feel like a toothless oakey. Penny struggled nearly the entire time Leonard and Priya were together to get herself any sort of relationship. The premise of the entire show literally flipped once Leonard started dating Priya... (or should I say, Priya jumped into bed with Leonard and he of course only cares about 'gettin' some' so he was happy to start a relationship with her.)

But back to the premise of the show being flipped. The show used to be about two nerdy scientists who live across the hall from a beautiful young girl, they try to relate even though they are very much unalike. Clearly at the beginning of the show the writers wanted to indicate that Leonard has little to no chance of gaining a relationship, especially a physical relationship, with a beautiful girl like Penny. In fact, Sheldon even had an elaborate analogy to explain to Leonard his chances. Something about a man at the center of a black hole looking for a circuit breaker. Well... it HAS happened. Leonard DID manage to obtain a physical relationship with Penny.... so apparently scientists have their answer for what is at the center of a black hole.

But since Priya and Leonard it has made Penny the one who longs for a relationship with Leonard ... yet when Leonard and Priya do break up and they get back together Penny gets distant when Leonard falls in love with her and says these things.

The show's relationships are completely screwy. That's part of the decline of the show.

How could anyone not like Priya? She was everything you'd want in a girlfriend-for-the-time-being of Leonard (assuming you root for Leonard). She was the smart, sophisticated, successful, beautiful girl who gave Leonard all the physical affection he could ask for (including shower sex, SERIOUSLY? After like only a few weeks! Yep, she's a slut) but at least hides it well under her higher education and big time job.

She made Penny feel like a toothless oakey. Penny struggled nearly the entire time Leonard and Priya were together to get herself any sort of relationship.

Penny made herself feel like that. Priya's only problem with Penny was Penny's boundaries. I don't think Priya ever disliked Penny, she just didn't like how tight her and Leonard were. If anything, she was more worried about Leonard doing something stupid if Penny were to bat her lashes at him. She was scared he wasn't over her.

The premise of the entire show literally flipped once Leonard started dating Priya... (or should I say, Priya jumped into bed with Leonard and he of course only cares about 'gettin' some' so he was happy to start a relationship with her.)

But back to the premise of the show being flipped. The show used to be about two nerdy scientists who live across the hall from a beautiful young girl, they try to relate even though they are very much unalike. Clearly at the beginning of the show the writers wanted to indicate that Leonard has little to no chance of gaining a relationship, especially a physical relationship, with a beautiful girl like Penny. In fact, Sheldon even had an elaborate analogy to explain to Leonard his chances. Something about a man at the center of a black hole looking for a circuit breaker. Well... it HAS happened. Leonard DID manage to obtain a physical relationship with Penny.... so apparently scientists have their answer for what is at the center of a black hole.

Yeah, Leonard hooked up with Priya, but like Penny, she didn't want anything serious with Leonard. She was ashamed to tell anyone, especially her parents (Indian parents can be very hard core, so I give her a pass on that one). When asked to take it further, she basically told Leonard he was just a booty call when in town. Leonard really has problems picking women who really like him and aren't ashamed of him.

But since Priya and Leonard it has made Penny the one who longs for a relationship with Leonard ... yet when Leonard and Priya do break up and they get back together Penny gets distant when Leonard falls in love with her and says these things.

The show's relationships are completely screwy. That's part of the decline of the show.

You're right, she still won't fully commit to Leonard. Why not? If after all this time she isn't sure, she needs to move on and so does Leonard.

The problem I saw with Priya was that she didn't seem to actually like Leonard. She was always trying to change him. She wanted him to wear contacts when they hurt him, she wanted to change the way he dressed. She didn't understand the fact that he liked gaming and couldn't understand why they all cared when Sheldon's virtual stuff got stolen. She couldn't accept his friendship with Penny.

So Priya gone = good for Leonard.

I thought Priya was good match for Leonard, smart, pretty, and beautiful. I thought that it was telling when she and Leonard started quoting lines from a Shakespeare play to each other and Penny, a professional actress, had no idea about what they were doing.

As for Priya trying to change Leonard, Penny also tried to change him. The difference was, Priya was successful. I have no problems with her not wanting Penny hanging around Leonard and Sheldon's apartment. I can't think of many people who would be comfortable with their boyfriend/girlfriend's ex hanging around their apartment all of the time, regardless if they were friends with the other roommate nor how long they had been doing so. I people disagree then I suggest that they tell their spouses or significant others that they are going to start having their exes hanging around and see how they respond. If there is anyone to blame for it, it is Leonard. He should have realized that Penny's presence would make Priya uncomfortable and decided on his own to talk to Penny about not coming over any more.

I personally hope that Priya does return to the show for at least a while. If nothing else it might force Penny and Leonard to decide on just where their relationship is going.

The problem I saw with Priya was that she didn't seem to actually like Leonard. She was always trying to change him. She wanted him to wear contacts when they hurt him, she wanted to change the way he dressed. She didn't understand the fact that he liked gaming and couldn't understand why they all cared when Sheldon's virtual stuff got stolen. She couldn't accept his friendship with Penny.

This. It's not that I didn't like Priya - I just didn't like how she treated Leonard.

I just got into this show a few weeks ago (thank you, TBS marathons!) so I've had a lot of catching up to do. Something I'm torn between baffled and annoyed by is the relationship between Penny and Leonard. I realize that TV writers are terrified of actually getting the main couple together and letting them stay that way, but the back and forth between these two is aggravating. Does she love him or not? The problem with trying to drag out the will they/won't they for too long is that it either starts make people a) start to not care or B) it turns their characters so wishy washy you end up rooting for them to stay apart. Ross and Rachel being the best example, of course - by the time they finally got them back together, it was like eh, who cares?

Priya was not everything you'd want for Leonard, she was too normal and square. At first she seemed good for him but by the time she left, even the way she said his name annoyed me. She always sounded so disappointed. She never fitted in with the gang at all.

I didn't like that Priya tried to change Leonard, but whatever - I think her primary purpose was to allow Penny to realize she made a mistake when she ended things with Leonard (and she did). What I don't understand is why Penny, after having spent an entire season regretting her decision and longing to be with Leonard, finally gets back together with him and proceeds to act like she couldn't care less about him or their relationship.

I think it's a case of the writers not wanting to commit fully to the relationship with so much time remaining (because apparently some people like the suspense of on-again, off-again relationships). It doesn't work with Leonard and Penny, though. Their issues don't feel organic like they did the first time around. Now, it all feels contrived for the sake of maintaining that level of suspense. The writers need to either commit and abandon the notion that the show is supposed to revolve around the Leonard/Penny relationship (frankly, people are getting bored with it and feeling frustrated with the glaring inconsistencies in their characters when they're in a relationship) or abandon the idea completely. Penny being afraid of commitment and Leonard being insecure in their relationship in the third season was believable, but that's no longer the case.

I agree. Also, I feel that Priya was basically a plot device to a) make Penny realize that she lost something good (which often happens when someone else gets it), B) show the viewers how much nicer and more suited for Leonard Penny is.

Both devices seemed to work. And we disliked Priya because we were supposed to dislike her and wish her gone.

@Pomita - I also think that Pryia's character was especially made up by the writers so that she would be disliked....and it worked :D

I agree. Also, I feel that Priya was basically a plot device to a) make Penny realize that she lost something good (which often happens when someone else gets it), B) show the viewers how much nicer and more suited for Leonard Penny is.

Both devices seemed to work. And we disliked Priya because we were supposed to dislike her and wish her gone.

Oh god no. We've been manipulated.

I didn't like that Priya tried to change Leonard, but whatever - I think her primary purpose was to allow Penny to realize she made a mistake when she ended things with Leonard (and she did). What I don't understand is why Penny, after having spent an entire season regretting her decision and longing to be with Leonard, finally gets back together with him and proceeds to act like she couldn't care less about him or their relationship.

I think it's a case of the writers not wanting to commit fully to the relationship with so much time remaining (because apparently some people like the suspense of on-again, off-again relationships). It doesn't work with Leonard and Penny, though. Their issues don't feel organic like they did the first time around. Now, it all feels contrived for the sake of maintaining that level of suspense. The writers need to either commit and abandon the notion that the show is supposed to revolve around the Leonard/Penny relationship (frankly, people are getting bored with it and feeling frustrated with the glaring inconsistencies in their characters when they're in a relationship) or abandon the idea completely. Penny being afraid of commitment and Leonard being insecure in their relationship in the third season was believable, but that's no longer the case.

I agree. Make the relationship work darn it! Then we can get back to the important stuff. The other interests of the group.

Oh god no. We've been manipulated.

Most of fiction is manipulation of our minds. :)

I agree. Make the relationship work darn it! Then we can get back to the important stuff. The other interests of the group.

I agree too. I'm not finding Penny's manifest 'commitment phobia' that believable any more, after she's had so much time to know Leonard, after she pined for him for most of last season, and after they successfully managed to 'take it slow' with the beta test. Her reaction to his proposal seemed unnecessarily forceful.

Or can it be a case of 'the lady doth protest too much'? Maybe a part of her wanted to accept the proposal, and she had to react vociferously to overcome her own feelings, too?

Hmm. Still messed-up.

^I think her bad reaction to the proposal was because she hadn't even said I love you to Leonard yet AND it was their first time having sex in awhile. Leonard proposed partly because of Howard and partly because he wants to. Yet, I would never ask a woman, in the middle of sex to marry me let alone a woman who has never said the love word to me.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

I dont get why people dont like amy, i think she is really funny and a good addition to the setup lol :)

Agreed!

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I dont get why people dont like amy, i think she is really funny and a good addition to the setup lol :)

Agreed!

agreed by x1000000000000000.

even though I do get why some people don't like her, I just don't agree at all. She's great :)