Did the Raj/Penny "hookup" ruin it for Sheldon/Penny to get together?

Did the Raj/Penny "hookup" ruin it for Sheldon/Penny to get together?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Raj/Penny "hookup" ruin it for Sheldon/Penny to get together?

• Yes
    • No
    • Raj/Penny "hookup" has nothing to do with Sheldon/Penny

Let me know.

With what the writers went with Raj/Penny that they won't go with Sheldon/Penny obviously Sheldon/Penny won't be a drunken hookup but did it ruin it for them?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

no, there are many many many more reasons why a Sheldon/Penny relationship is not plausible or would be believable at all, even before the Raj/Penny thing.

Nope.

Raj's hookup with Penny made the show super awkward for a few episodes, so imagine if Sheldon slept with Penny...this forum would explode with hate threads. In some episodes Penny and Sheldon's relationship was shown to be somewhat of a brother and sister relationship (Panty Pinata Polarization episode when Sheldon hid Penny's clothes) and the Disneyland episode when Penny asks Sheldon to go brush his teeth and go to bed like any mother would.

I love the Penny and Sheldon scenes together but its a big NO from me for them to be a couple. They got nothing in common, Penny sees Sheldon as an annoying brother/son. So yeah, there was never any hint of Sheldon and Penny being a couple before Raj's one night stand with Penny.

You need to explain other then

Nope.

Raj's hookup with Penny made the show super awkward for a few episodes, so imagine if Sheldon slept with Penny...this forum would explode with hate threads. In some episodes Penny and Sheldon's relationship was shown to be somewhat of a brother and sister relationship (Panty Pinata Polarization episode when Sheldon hid Penny's clothes) and the Disneyland episode when Penny asks Sheldon to go brush his teeth and go to bed like any mother would.

I love the Penny and Sheldon scenes together but its a big NO from me for them to be a couple. They got nothing in common, Penny sees Sheldon as an annoying brother/son. So yeah, there was never any hint of Sheldon and Penny being a couple before Raj's one night stand with Penny.

I accept your argument, you're entitled to your opinion but I have to disagree with saying they have nothing in common(her and Leonard do?).

I don't think so. As hard as Raj/Penny was to imagine, there was the alcoholic premise for making it happen. Sheldon/Penny would be hard to make happen under a spur of the moment pretext. If 'Shenny' is to happen it should be a developed relationship. Sheldon really isn't the hook-up type.

No, Penny and Raj hooking up did not ruin the possibility of Sheldon and Penny hooking up because there never was a possibility of Penny and Sheldon hooking up.

As for Penny and Leonard having something in common, they both know how to drive cars, they both like to kiss and hug human members of the opposite sex, they can eat different ethnic foods on any given day of the week, they both can do their laundry on any day of the week, they both have a modicum of respect for the other, and they consider each other adults.

Penny and Leonard have the most vital of all things in common. Attraction.

Even if Sheldon and Penny share a large number of things in common... Say professionally, food, travel likes and dislikes, world views or politics, or all of the above - if the physical attraction isn't there - game over.

Nope.

I accept your argument, you're entitled to your opinion but I have to disagree with saying they have nothing in common(her and Leonard do?).

Nope, same goes for Leonard and Penny. Leonard is a genius, Penny is a community college dropout, they tried to make the relationship work in season 3 but failed, and they had to go into "beta test" to make it work this season..like Leonard wrote in his bug report "we'd have more things to talk about if you read more".

So, moving on to Sheldon, he doesn't even like touching people...or touching himself(lol), he takes no interest in other peoples' lives, he has trouble understanding sarcasm and facial expressions and some human behavior..I don't see how Penny would be attracted to a person like Sheldon.

The only couples who are right for each other on this show are Howard and Bernadette and Amy and Sheldon.

I think that the Penny / Raj hookup increases the possibility that they could hook Penny and Sheldon up big time.

Prior to Raj/Penny, I considered that the writers would try to do things that were reasonable or that at least held true to the characters in the show. Having Raj and Penny hook up showed that the writers will do anything at all - no matter how despicable, contrary to the premise of the show or to the characters that had been developed up until then.

After Raj/Penny I can imagine Penny/Sheldon, Raj/Bernadette, Leonard/Amy or any other combination of two or even three of the characters.

It wouldn't even surprise me at this point if the Raj/Bernadette hand holding in the finale was a setup for an eventual Raj/Bernadette/Howard threesome. After all, we have a precedent during the stag when, contrary to previous storylines, we discover that Howard and Raj have already taken part in a threesome.

Nope.

Nope, same goes for Leonard and Penny. Leonard is a genius, Penny is a community college dropout, they tried to make the relationship work in season 3 but failed, and they had to go into "beta test" to make it work this season..like Leonard wrote in his bug report "we'd have more things to talk about if you read more".

So, moving on to Sheldon, he doesn't even like touching people...or touching himself(lol), he takes no interest in other peoples' lives, he has trouble understanding sarcasm and facial expressions and some human behavior..I don't see how Penny would be attracted to a person like Sheldon.

The only couples who are right for each other on this show are Howard and Bernadette and Amy and Sheldon.

Well unless Penny starts reading Comic books or Physics journals I don't see how her reading more makes them having anything to talk about.

I find that quote interesting since she told Leonard if had read a certain book they miht had still been together.

I think that the Penny / Raj hookup increases the possibility that they could hook Penny and Sheldon up big time.

Prior to Raj/Penny, I considered that the writers would try to do things that were reasonable or that at least held true to the characters in the show. Having Raj and Penny hook up showed that the writers will do anything at all - no matter how despicable, contrary to the premise of the show or to the characters that had been developed up until then.

After Raj/Penny I can imagine Penny/Sheldon, Raj/Bernadette, Leonard/Amy or any other combination of two or even three of the characters.

It wouldn't even surprise me at this point if the Raj/Bernadette hand holding in the finale was a setup for an eventual Raj/Bernadette/Howard threesome. After all, we have a precedent during the stag when, contrary to previous storylines, we discover that Howard and Raj have already taken part in a threesome.

I can actually see the raj/Bernadette/Howard being the most likely, we have to remember it's Lorre and look at what shows he has on.

1. They never had sex. So hooked up? lol.

Shenny is never going to happen. They could be the last two people on earth and it still wouldn't.

I was wondering when you would show up.

1. Since when does hook up only mean they had sex. Maybe she gave him a bj or handjob, we don't know.

No that would be Penny and Howard.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Shenny is never going to happen. They could be the last two people on earth and it still wouldn't.

1. Since when does hook up only mean they had sex. Maybe she gave him a bj or handjob, we don't know.

I still have the theory that Howard is "the guy" LOL. She never told him she liked him and then he started seeng someone else (Bernadette), she always regretted it :D

Hey, it makes sense!!!

It was Howard/Penny all along. Howard/Penny makes a lot more sense than Sheldon/Penny, that's for sure.

Read history, general science, technology, Philosophy, sci-fi, or read about movies and television, etc etc etc.

Only comics and physics journals?

Seriously?

Sonars could read about pop culture, current events, celebrities, relationship trends etc

I want going to list everything, geesh. No of these seem to would interest her, I know she watches sci-fi and Comic book movies but is because she likes it or isher cable out?

I'm not sure who Sonars is but I'm going to assume you mean Leonard, he probably keeps up with current events now I could see him actually reading cosmo if he thought it would help and if it was a current relationship "trend"

An even better choice! #4 for the above?

I'm waiting for someone to say...It would so happen cause Sheldon would wan't to repopulate the earth. LOL.

Penny would say no and state that it's time for humans to become extinct. Humans would become extinct before shenny happened. Which means it's never will.

I'm waiting for someone to say...It would so happen cause Sheldon would wan't to repopulate the earth. LOL.

Sheldon: In a post-apocalyptic world, which task would you assign the highest priority? Locating a sustainable food source, reestablishing a functioning government, procreating, or preserving the knowledge of mankind?

Leonard: Uh, I'm gonna go with... preserving the knowledge.

Sheldon: That's correct. FYI, I would have accepted any answer other than procreating.

I still have the theory that Howard is "the guy" LOL. She never told him she liked him and then he started seeng someone else (Bernadette), she always regretted it :D

Hey, it makes sense!!!

It was Howard/Penny all along. Howard/Penny makes a lot more sense than Sheldon/Penny, that's for sure.

Did you miss the episode where she tells him off and calls him creppy, plus I don't think she'd want what he's packing or not packing.