Did the Raj/Penny "hookup" ruin it for Sheldon/Penny to get together?

Did the Raj/Penny "hookup" ruin it for Sheldon/Penny to get together?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Raj/Penny "hookup" ruin it for Sheldon/Penny to get together?

• Yes
    • No
    • Raj/Penny "hookup" has nothing to do with Sheldon/Penny

After Howard's apology to Bernadette, Penny might see him in a whole new light. If something happened to Bernie maybe we'll transition to Howenny.

Yes she sees him in a new light but not that kind of light.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Howard's apology to Bernadette, Penny might see him in a whole new light. If something happened to Bernie maybe we'll transition to Howenny.

Yes she sees him in a new light but not that kind of light.

Penny did say it was the most beautiful thing she has ever heard, and had a genuine look of affection in her eyes. Maybe she realized he really was the guy.

Read history, general science, technology, Philosophy, sci-fi, or read about movies and television, etc etc etc.

Only comics and physics journals?

Seriously?

Sonars could read about pop culture, current events, celebrities, relationship trends etc

I want going to list everything, geesh. No of these seem to would interest her, I know she watches sci-fi and Comic book movies but is because she likes it or isher cable out?

I'm not sure who Sonars is but I'm going to assume you mean Leonard, he probably keeps up with current events now I could see him actually reading cosmo if he thought it would help and if it was a current relationship "trend"

Don't forget, Leonard read "Eat, Pray, Love" on Penny's recommendation. I can't imagine anything that would be further from Leonards regular reading list than that.

Read history, general science, technology, Philosophy, sci-fi, or read about movies and television, etc etc etc.

Seriously?

Sonars could read about pop culture, current events, celebrities, relationship trends etc

I want going to list everything, geesh. No of these seem to would interest her, I know she watches sci-fi and Comic book movies but is because she likes it or isher cable out?

I'm not sure who Sonars is but I'm going to assume you mean Leonard, he probably keeps up with current events now I could see him actually reading cosmo if he thought it would help and if it was a current relationship "trend"

Don't forget, Leonard read "Eat, Pray, Love" on Penny's recommendation. I can't imagine anything that would be further from Leonards regular reading list than that.

Yeah but he didn't read until after they broke up when Penny said if he read it while they were together they would still be together.

Seriously?

Yeah but he didn't read until after they broke up when Penny said if he read it while they were together they would still be together.

And if Pigs had Wings they'd fly! This gets worse than two leppers trying to "arm wrestle" no matter how hard they try "$hit" just falls apart....

This Leonard and Penny thing needs to have a happy medium either "Yes" or "No" simple not watch Leonard get upset over who Penny is around and vise versa if this is going to be the next permanent social pairing on the show then get too it.

IMHO the whole "Raj" hook up should not even be a consideration factor with Sheldon/Penny question of which other than close best friends is about all we are going to see from that.We can keep kicking this dog till he falls off the porch or find something more productive to discuss about the show.

Seriously?

And if Pigs had Wings they'd fly! This gets worse than two leppers trying to "arm wrestle" no matter how hard they try "$hit" just falls apart....

This Leonard and Penny thing needs to have a happy medium either "Yes" or "No" simple not watch Leonard get upset over who Penny is around and vise versa if this is going to be the next permanent social pairing on the show then get too it.

IMHO the whole "Raj" hook up should not even be a consideration factor with Sheldon/Penny question of which other than close best friends is about all we are going to see from that.We can keep kicking this dog till he falls off the porch or find something more productive to discuss about the show.

While we are are talking about Sheldon and Penny getting together, why not discuss how cool would it be if Howard had x-ray eyes, Raj becomes a part time woman's lingerie salesman on his off time, Sheldon grows an extra pair of arms, and Leonard grows eyes in the back of his head?

Seriously?

Well if l/p are suppose to be this great couple or what not but most of the time they argue or snip at one another like the wedding, I don't know if the writing is just bad for them or this the intent at the time to write them, but if they're suppose to be I'm sure watching them fight and not get along is the way to go, who wants to watch a couple on tv fight all the time? Every couple has disagreements and arguments but they also make up and realize why they're together not sure I can say that for them, we can only watch them act like this for so long before it gets tiring.

What does one have to do with the other???

Its just that since the writers did Raj / Penny, they could do anything regardless of rationality, consistency, or concern for the burden on the characters futures.

Thats what annoys me about Amy hitting on Penny. It used to be that you would never consider that they would actually put Penny and Amy together. Now, who knows, Penny / Sheldon? Raj / Bernadette? Sheldon / Leonards mother? Anything at all is possible.

What does one have to do with the other??? Raj can hardly talk to her. It wasn't anything but a drunken mistake.

Well since Lorre went there I was wondering if it would prevent something in the future.

Its just that since the writers did Raj / Penny, they could do anything regardless of rationality, consistency, or concern for the burden on the characters futures.

Thats what annoys me about Amy hitting on Penny. It used to be that you would never consider that they would actually put Penny and Amy together. Now, who knows, Penny / Sheldon? Raj / Bernadette? Sheldon / Leonards mother? Anything at all is possible.

Didn't Amy's constant hitting on Penny didn't happen until season 5 which was after Penny/Raj?

IMO I believe Lorre wanted to have Raj/Penny have sex and then he saw the reaction he got and that's why we got the lame "resolution" for season 5 ep.1

I don't believe that they ever intended for Raj to actually have sex with Penny. I think it went exactly the way they had always planned. Somehow Penny and Raj going to bed together doesn't count since they didn't actually have coitus.

Somehow Penny and Raj going to bed together doesn't count since they didn't actually have coitus.

Getting naked together, kissing, touching each other's bodies everywhere, Penny taking Raj's naked penis into her hands and putting the condom on him "doesn't count"?

Mmmmkay... Whatever you say. :icon_lol:

Somehow Penny and Raj going to bed together doesn't count since they didn't actually have coitus.

Getting naked together, kissing, touching each other's bodies everywhere, Penny taking Raj's naked penis into her hands and putting the condom on him "doesn't count"?

Mmmmkay... Whatever you say. :icon_lol:

I agree with you. It would count to me which is why I started off with the word "somehow". I think that in their minds it didn't count, while to most people that I personally know it would have. Penny didn't have sex with Raj because of his over-excitement, not because of any hesitation on her side.

On the subject at hand though, I don't think that the incident has any affect on the possibility of Penny and Sheldon getting together since IMO there never was a chance of that happening in the first place.

So their intent was for the shock factor and upset and freak people out? They might not had done the deed due to Raj's excitement(can't blame for it), most people wouldn't be the didn't have sex that's okay, the reason I think they intended for it was because of season 5 premiere and had to do something due to the reaction, the had all summer and even said whatever side you were on the outcome will leave you happy, unless their intent really was for them to be in bed but didn't go through but almost did.

As sick as it may be Leonard's mother might be better for Sheldon than Amy. In season 4 Amy was just like Sheldon.

As sick as it may be Leonard's mother might be better for Sheldon than Amy. In season 4 Amy was just like Sheldon.

This isn't sick, this is The Big Bang Theory. Obviously the title of the show has several meanings. One is that the word "Big" refers to "grownups" and this obviously implies that the idea of inter-generational relationships was "canon" from the shows inception.

After all, just imagine the humour and character growth that would happen if Sheldon took on the role of Leonard’s father.

This isn't sick, this is The Big Bang Theory. Obviously the title of the show has several meanings. One is that the word "Big" refers to "grownups" and this obviously implies that the idea of inter-generational relationships was "canon" from the shows inception.

After all, just imagine the humour and character growth that would happen if Sheldon took on the role of Leonard’s father.

Frankly the possibility had never occurred to me and Sheldon does seem to almost worship Leonard's mother. I have to admit that there could be some very humorous scenes if Sheldon was Leonard's step father. That's one father and son talk that I would like to see. I would also like to see Sheldon's mother meeting her new daughter-in-law.

They didnt have sex. Look up the defintion. I don't like what happened at all, but they didnt have sex.

That's the same kind of mentality uber christian girls use to have anal and oral sex and still be able to say they are a virgin. They didn't have intercourse, but they had a sexual encounter. She gave him a handjob.

They didnt have sex. Look up the defintion. I don't like what happened at all, but they didnt have sex.

That's the same kind of mentality uber christian girls use to have anal and oral sex and still be able to say they are a virgin. They didn't have intercourse, but they had a sexual encounter. She gave him a handjob.

I don't know if you could call it a "job", sounded more like a "tweak".

I don't know if you could call it a "job", sounded more like a "tweak".

In today's economy, even a quick small job is appreciated... =)

Frankly the possibility had never occurred to me and Sheldon does seem to almost worship Leonard's mother. I have to admit that there could be some very humorous scenes if Sheldon was Leonard's step father. That's one father and son talk that I would like to see. I would also like to see Sheldon's mother meeting her new daughter-in-law.

:D Please note here that 4ofN is using /sarcasm.