Did the Raj/Penny "hookup" ruin it for Sheldon/Penny to get together?

Did the Raj/Penny "hookup" ruin it for Sheldon/Penny to get together?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Raj/Penny "hookup" ruin it for Sheldon/Penny to get together?

• Yes
    • No
    • Raj/Penny "hookup" has nothing to do with Sheldon/Penny

They didnt have sex. Look up the defintion. I don't like what happened at all, but they didnt have sex.

Oh my well they didn't sex so they didn't hook up, if you were Leonard and knew what went down you wouldn't say they didn't have sex what a relief.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does one have to do with the other???

Its just that since the writers did Raj / Penny, they could do anything regardless of rationality, consistency, or concern for the burden on the characters futures.

Thats what annoys me about Amy hitting on Penny. It used to be that you would never consider that they would actually put Penny and Amy together. Now, who knows, Penny / Sheldon? Raj / Bernadette? Sheldon / Leonards mother? Anything at all is possible.

As sick as it may be Leonard's mother might be better for Sheldon than Amy. In season 4 Amy was just like Sheldon.

This isn't sick, this is The Big Bang Theory. Obviously the title of the show has several meanings. One is that the word "Big" refers to "grownups" and this obviously implies that the idea of inter-generational relationships was "canon" from the shows inception.

After all, just imagine the humour and character growth that would happen if Sheldon took on the role of Leonard’s father.

Frankly the possibility had never occurred to me and Sheldon does seem to almost worship Leonard's mother. I have to admit that there could be some very humorous scenes if Sheldon was Leonard's step father. That's one father and son talk that I would like to see. I would also like to see Sheldon's mother meeting her new daughter-in-law.

Yes he admires Leonard's mother and her work but he looked disgusted when she kissed him plus Mary Cooper would throw holy water on the both.

They didnt have sex. Look up the defintion. I don't like what happened at all, but they didnt have sex.

That's the same kind of mentality uber christian girls use to have anal and oral sex and still be able to say they are a virgin. They didn't have intercourse, but they had a sexual encounter. She gave him a handjob.

I think it's just high school girls in general that want to still say they're virgins.

That's the same kind of mentality uber christian girls use to have anal and oral sex and still be able to say they are a virgin. They didn't have intercourse, but they had a sexual encounter. She gave him a handjob.

I don't know if you could call it a "job", sounded more like a "tweak".

I never understand why it can be called a job or a blow when there's sucking.

Its just that since the writers did Raj / Penny, they could do anything regardless of rationality, consistency, or concern for the burden on the characters futures.

Thats what annoys me about Amy hitting on Penny. It used to be that you would never consider that they would actually put Penny and Amy together. Now, who knows, Penny / Sheldon? Raj / Bernadette? Sheldon / Leonards mother? Anything at all is possible.

As sick as it may be Leonard's mother might be better for Sheldon than Amy. In season 4 Amy was just like Sheldon.

This isn't sick, this is The Big Bang Theory. Obviously the title of the show has several meanings. One is that the word "Big" refers to "grownups" and this obviously implies that the idea of inter-generational relationships was "canon" from the shows inception.

After all, just imagine the humour and character growth that would happen if Sheldon took on the role of Leonard’s father.

Frankly the possibility had never occurred to me and Sheldon does seem to almost worship Leonard's mother. I have to admit that there could be some very humorous scenes if Sheldon was Leonard's step father. That's one father and son talk that I would like to see. I would also like to see Sheldon's mother meeting her new daughter-in-law.

:D Please note here that 4ofN is using /sarcasm.

Are you sure?

I know but you have to admit that it would be funny if Sheldon brought Leonard's mother home to meet his mother. Also, think of the look on Leonard's face when he found out.

Also known as the Bill Clinton defense. :icon_cheesygrin:

Are you sure?

I am. 4ofN, please clarify. :)

I know but you have to admit that it would be funny if Sheldon brought Leonard's mother home to meet his mother. Also, think of the look on Leonard's face when he found out.

Lol, yes, we would have a lot of horrified expressions to deal with. :D

We actually did get a teeny tiny glimpse of what this could be like in the Maternal Congruence in Season 3. Sheldon and Beverly psychoanalyzing Leonard's narcissistic personality disorder over a video chat (like parents discussing a problematic child), Sheldon sending a wedding gift from both of them (like a parent taking responsibility for social convention for another family member who isn't as close to the couple), reasoning with Leonard for euthanizing his dog ("She was old and blind, Leonard. What choice did we have?" implying that he made that decision together with Beverly), etc. The only time we see Sheldon act more mature than Leonard is when he's with Leonard's mom.

I will say right now that aside from the last example I gave, they could be explained without any familial connection, but it's one possibility of interpreting as such. After saying all that, I do think those bits were humorous, and as long as they kept the relationship as an unintentional implication, I think I'd be fine with it, similar to how Raj and Howard end up saying things to each other that suggest a homosexual relationship but there really isn't anything there.

However, with Amy in the picture, that dynamic may not be shown again anyway, so my post is essentially just speculation and observation from a time past. :icon_lol:

I seriously doubt that they will ever have Sheldon and Leonard's mother hook up, but there would be a few funny situations.

Now there's a couple that would be incest.

What does one have to do with the other???

As I said in another post on a different topic i'm still wondering what exactly "The Big bang theory" is supposed to mean exactly. It has a meaning of some kind within the world aside from the show. Obviously it has something to do with relationships on some level, but to what kind of meaning.

Yes he admires Leonard's mother and her work but he looked disgusted when she kissed him plus Mary Cooper would throw holy water on the both.

He hated kisses and all of that stuff in general though back then.

I think it's just high school girls in general that want to still say they're virgins.

How long ago were you in HS? I just cant buy that. I guess going to a big HS makes you think differently. A lot of girls seem to act like players and such and try to initiate and flirt. I also in my time knew of enough pregnant girls....now if that doesn't scream virgin I don't know what does.

Are you sure?

I am. 4ofN, please clarify. :)

Pomita, Pomita, Pomita. You know me so well.

However, before I admit to anything I have to point out that what I said is perfectly consistent with other posts I have seen on this forum.

People have proposed that "big bang" in the title refers to the collision of "nerd" (the guys) vs. "normal" (Penny) worlds and so the show has always been primarily about relationships. Others have suggested that "bang" refers to sex and so sex between the various people was in the mix from the start.

People have also stated that they would like to see various couplings between characters purely for the humour that would result - regardless of consistency with the character’s pasts or with regard to what implications it would have on the character’s futures.

Then, of course, the idea of character growth at all costs is important because so many viewers seem to think they would get bored if the show was actually just about nerd culture.

So Pomita, you are correct. You caught me. :icon_cheesygrin: It was a little experiment - with interesting results. Some posters did think that this scenario might be good for the humour alone.

Do you have any ethical qualms about human experimentation?

It is one of the few forms of interaction with people that I don’t find repellent.

@4ofN - caught ya. :) I must say I was a little surprised that some people took your 'suggestion' seriously!

For the record, I stand by this statement:

People have proposed that "big bang" in the title refers to the collision of "nerd" (the guys) vs. "normal" (Penny) worlds and so the show has always been primarily about relationships.

because this is basically what the tagline says.

Others have suggested that "bang" refers to sex and so sex between the various people was in the mix from the start.

I don't know about the implications of 'bang', but it's true that the nerd guys seemed much more sex-obsessed in the earlier seasons than they are now. Probably because they were not getting enough of it.

People have also stated that they would like to see various couplings between characters purely for the humour that would result - regardless of consistency with the character’s pasts or with regard to what implications it would have on the character’s futures.

I don't agree with this. I'm extremely fixed about the couplings I want to see.

Then, of course, the idea of character growth at all costs is important because so many viewers seem to think they would get bored if the show was actually just about nerd culture.

Take out the phrase 'at all costs' from there, and you have my view.

I also insist that the show was never just about nerd culture.

So Pomita, you are correct. You caught me. :icon_cheesygrin: It was a little experiment - with interesting results. Some posters did think that this scenario might be good for the humour alone.

Do you have any ethical qualms about human experimentation?

It is one of the few forms of interaction with people that I don’t find repellent.

..And that is a favorite quote from one of my series-favorite episodes, involving none other than Sheldon and Amy. :)

So it couldn't possibly be about the start of the universe like it says in the title song?

What? Are you mad? The Big Bang Theory? Short form TBBT? Don't you know what else TBBT stands for?

It also stands for "True Balance Bracelet Technologies". This whole show is just a giant marketing scheme to get us all to buy True Balance Bracelets.

So it couldn't possibly be about the start of the universe like it says in the title song?

What? Are you mad? The Big Bang Theory? Short form TBBT? Don't you know what else TBBT stands for?

It also stands for "True Balance Bracelet Technologies". This whole show is just a giant marketing scheme to get us all to buy True Balance Bracelets.

Now it all makes sense!

Now it all makes sense!

Lol. :D

Actually, It's completely different. Oral Sex is SEX! But thats not what Penny and Raj did either. So quit using an argument that does work to fit your argument.

What Penny and Raj did is not sex in any way shape or form.

Touching each other's naked bodies, putting a condom on a guy's penis, and having the guy come in your hands is "NOT sex in any way shape or form"?

How peculiar. :icon_eek::icon_lol:

This is why I love this board - you learn something new every day. :icon_cheesygrin:

Actually, It's completely different. Oral Sex is SEX! But thats not what Penny and Raj did either. So quit using an argument that does work to fit your argument.

Oral Sex is one big farce.

Touching each other's naked bodies, putting a condom on a guy's penis, and having the guy come in your hands is "NOT sex in any way shape or form"?

It's real simple... would you be ok with your 14 year old daughter doing that? No, cuz it is sex!!!

If you found your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend doing it with one of your best friends, would it upset you? If your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend found you doing it with one of their best friends would they be upset with you? Try it, let them know, and see how they react. It may not be sexual intercourse but it was sex.