The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sherminator

Watch any sports, do you?

So!

Do you enjoy watching sports on TV?

-what sort of sports and sport events are you favourites?

-also, do you have expensive sport channels on you cable?

Me, I watch the superbowl, world rally champs, and world soccer champs, whenever theyre on. I would like to watch more, but alas, I have no money to get those really expensive sport channel packages. Here in Finland those channel packages are really really expensive...:icon_cry:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I watch Football (soccer as americans call it) cos I'm argentinian.. and.. wel... we do that... LOL

I also watch Formula 1 (a lot) & Rugby.

I do have the sports channels since I have a premium Direct TV thing where I get all the premium movie + sports + international channels so yeah that. I don't watch those that much though, my fiancee does, as he watches practically every sport that ever existed LOL.

Football mostly but i do like to watch darts, tennis, golf, F1 and rugby But coming from Scotland my country cant seem to make it far in any of they sports

i subscribe to sky sports which is the British version of Espn or any of the other international channels

As much football/soccer as I possibly can.

Focusing mostly on

English Premier League

Champions League

European Championships

And of course the World Cup (which i attended once)

USA International matches being my favorite

Some MLS

Major League Baseball - St. Louis Cardinals

NFL - Live in Indianapolis - watch most of their games and other marquee games

NHL - St. Louis Blues

NCAA Basketball - Tournament only pretty much

Notre Dame Football

I attend the Indy 500 and Brickyard NASCAR race every year but don't watch much Racing on tv

Exocet for horse racing - Triple Crown junkie.

PGA Tour Golf, mostly the majors. I'm about a 7 handicap but don't watch most tournaments

I like the few sports based reality shows - Golf Channel - "Big Break" is a good one.

As far as channels to, I pay a little extra each month for Fox Soccer Channel which shows games from all over the world, as well as regional channels like Fox Sports Midwest, FS Chicago, maybe one or two others is included that im missing right now, as well as NBC Sports and a few others.

Huge soccer fan here, and ditto on these -

English Premier League

Champions League

European Championships

And of course the World Cup (which i attended once)

USA International matches

Some MLS

- except I've never attended the World Cup. (someday...someday)

I also enjoy Pro football, Univ of Ky college basketball, and Aussie league rugby on the rare occasion it's on here (I'm in the US). Big horseracing fan as well (flat in US).

I really don't, but my partner watches English Football (soccer) all the time at odd hours of the night. We also have AFL (Australian Football League, in case you're interested here is a link http://www.afl.com.au/ ) but really I don't sit down and watch it, if my partner is watching and I am in the room I might watch a little of it. Although I did watch a lot of the Soccer World Cup

I don't watch any sports.

Well, I watch an occasional Super Bowl or world soccer championship (semi-finals to finals), and I've been to a single hockey game and a couple of baseball games, but that's about it. For me watching sports happens very rarely and only for company sake. I wouldn't watch by myself.

My wife and I love football (soccer to Americans), Rugby and also Boxing.

The Champions League last night was nail biting! (WELL DONE CHELSEA!!) I cannot wait for the Euros :) I am supporting England and then Spain...

We are watching England vs Belgium at Wembley in a couple of weeks PLUS! have tickets for the Star Trek Captains convention and going to meet Patrick Stewart - so very excited about both!!!

Matt

Matt... Well done Chelsea indeed, but they play a dreadful style.

Blackpool v West Ham was more entertaining for me. Enjoy the Englad match, I'll be supporting them this summer as well, looking forward to Euro 2012.

I like American Football...Buffalo Bills....and that's about it. 9Otherwise I am not into sports too much.

Olympics indeed! Absolutely an Olympics junkie. I'll watch a TON of events. I especially liked the split screen option on my old Satellite Dish system, which showed six screens of BONUS Olympic Coverage, and I could bounce back and forth between them with ease.

Not sure what my current cable system will have...

I watch football if I'm roped in by friends and I may watch some of the Olympics but generally, not often.

I'm a huge sports fan, its basically most of what I watch. I root for two teams in the NHL, one team in NBA, MLB, NFL and Uconn is my college team. only sports I don't like are golf and soccer.

Football (soccer)

Who's ready for UEFA 2012?

me! I cannot wait

We are seeing England play Belgium at Wembley this weekend, their last friendly of course before facing France! Can't wait :icon_mrgreen:

I am supporting England and as always (because of the guitar) my beloved Spain!!!! :fi_lone_ranger:

Matt

The USA could be one of the top teams in the very near future IMHO; there are of course top players like Dempsey and Donovan, but more than that; there are such a huge quantity of people living in the USA and the country has a very positive 'give it their all' attitude to competitions; if the sport can keep gaining momentum like it has, then it is just a matter of time...

and yes Brazil are amazing!! One of my favourite national teams to watch. It is like watching a team of characters from the Matrix playing!

Matt

I'm a hockey and football girl. You can't live in Denver without watching the Broncos, and I love the Avs. I like basketball, too, if my team is worth watching - the Nuggets have been a lot more competitive in recent years. I'll root for the Rockies but since I didn't grow up around baseball, it's hard for me to get too into it.

I like watching the Finals of any sport, though. The Kings are killing it! I'm not a fan but it's impressive how they've just stormed through the playoffs. Is anybody watching the NBA? I think the Spurs are going all the way.

Re: soccer - it might be more popular in this country if they'd market it. And, you know, televise it. Maybe it's just because I like sports anyway, but it seems like increased exposure would help - I spent three weeks in New Zealand during the World Cup and ended up watching a lot of soccer simply because it was on all the time. Oh, and RUGBY! The Kiwis are very fond of their rugby. :D And they were both really fun to watch.