Watch any sports, do you?

Sherminator

I think when the USA enters into a tournament like the World Cup, (which is literally just that, a competition involving the whole world), it does endless good for Americas PR; as it smashes the stereotype that the nation is insular and not concerned about things outside it's borders...which having visited the States eight times and having close friends/family there, I know is not true!

This is the side of sport I love, the power it has to bring hope and positivity - as well as making people feel proud of where they are from.

Clint Eastwood's excellent film 'Invictus' really got that across (and also reminded me why I love rugby so much!!)

Matt

More soccer is televised in the USA than nearly every country on earth... I've read that the USA is #1 for televised soccer as well. Not sure which is 100% true - but we have to be ranked near the top.

Leagues that I get on MY television at home

English Premier (about 10 maches per week - more than in England?)

FA Cup

League Cup

Italian Serie A

German Bundesliga

Dutch Eredivisie

Japan J League

Mexican Apertura and Clausura

French Ligue 1

Spanish Primera

MLS

Champions League

Europa League

Scottish League

Womens USA League

US Open Cup

Brazilian League occasionally

NCAA (American Collegiate) both Men and Women

Throw in International Friendlies, Qualifying matches for major tournaments and every match of the tournament itself and we get a LOT of matches televised here in the US.

And I'm sure I missed a league or two...

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite sports to watch are football (soccer), tennis and WWE if you consider professional wrestling to be a sport.

In football I watch the English Premier League, Champions League, World Cup, Euro Championships etc. I only take interest in Grand Slam tennis tournaments.

I have to say Englands play has been even worse than usual, on this european championships of footie...

-I mean they are always a bit rubbish, but this time even more so!

And England regards itself as a football nation. HAHAHAHA:icon_lol:

Loving the whole tournament and have watched all the games apart from one - way better then the South Africa World Cup!

The English press are slowly eating their words too. Yes, things looked understandably bleak; a coach who had only been with England for two games (three weeks!) at the start of the tournament, Rooney suspended for the first two games, only 2 of the 4 Chelsea Champion league players not injured, a series of other injuries and several key players missing, yet I think there is a great deal to be happy about -i.e a good team spirit!

The England vs Sweden game was great, (but nail biting LOL) and I think in the light of the above they finish the campaign being knocked out the quarters, then it is actually not a bad result...

and who knows, they could go further - it is football, anything can happen :)

Hodgson is looking to the world cup too and building on some of the young talent! Come on Engerlund!!!

Matt

Loving the whole tournament and have watched all the games apart from one - way better then the South Africa World Cup!

The England vs Sweden game was great, (but nail biting LOL) and I think in the light of the above they finish the campaign being knocked out the quarters, then it is actually not a bad result...

and who knows, they could go further - it is football, anything can happen :)

Well South Africa did have the unbearable vuvuzela.

I think England's generally accepted target is to reach the quarter finals of the major tournaments because that's what the fans are used to. We don't usually progress any further. But I think we should not only reach the quarter final (as we have done) but also make sure we are competitive in the match and aren't just brushed aside easily. Then I would be happy with our effort.

At the moment I'm satisfied and I just want us to give the Italians a good game and see what happens. I'm looking forward to it.

I watch:

Football (Soccer) - Premier League, Cups, Euros and Internationals

American Football

Formula One

Moto GP

Pool

Snooker

Darts

Poker (not technically a sport but still)

And we have regular channels, but not HD...we have kinda the medium package sports wise.

• 3 weeks later...