Just a thought...on religion

bazinga101

After the 10 BIG ONES, the last commandment (one that JESUS gave us) was "Love One Another As I Have Loved You."

This sums up what pretty much every religion tries to teach us. While you didn't quote the Golden Rule the way it's usually presented - Do to others as you'd have them to do you - it's the same idea present in a myriad of religious teachings, and it's astonishing how hard it is to follow at times.

I no longer follow any religious 'practice' other than trying to adhere to that rule every day. The problem I have with organized religion is that administration, bureaucracy and dogma discourage critical thinking and curiosity in favor of unquestioning obedience.

EUROPA, please read my very last post on this subject. You should be able to find the poem at the following. blog.kingori.co/2012/01/jesus-greater-then religion/ . It's the way I and the church that I go to believe. It's not a Church of sinless Christians- it's a Church of Christians trying to sin less. If ever want to take a listen it's at www.churchofthewoods.org. 11:ooAM Sun Calif. time. Sorry if I seem to be pushing too much. I'll TRY to soften if I'm upsetting you.