Worst episode EVER?

What's the worst episode you have seen on this show ?

For me its a close one between the Stephan Hawking episode(Sheldon was made to look like a clown), season 4 finale episode(Raj/Penny hookup left us all in shock) and the episode where Sheldon gets a new office.

My vote goes for 5x17, Sheldon getting his new office... his 1 v 1 Basketball match vs Kripe was just lame..I almost fell asleep. That's the kind of humor that appeals to 6 year olds.. Sheldon is a genius who can hang Penny's panties on a telephone wire using the laws of physics, but he can't throw a basketball through a hoop ?

So what's the worst episode you have seen on the show ?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that my friends is what you call an minority lol. 

That was exactly what I was saying and more. Kissing another girl... Lying about it for years, or hiding it?  Oh man... And to spring it on Penny just clear his conscious?  Tsk Tsk... To me, Leonard i

I still can't get over the finale. It's just unbelievable how the writers destroyed the Leonard character in one season. Why I keep asking myself? The only reason I can think of is to make Sheldon the

My vote goes for 5x17, Sheldon getting his new office... his 1 v 1 Basketball match vs Kripe was just lame..I almost fell asleep. That's the kind of humor that appeals to 6 year olds.. Sheldon is a genius who can hang Penny's panties on a telephone wire using the laws of physics, but he can't throw a basketball through a hoop ?

I hated that episode because of the apparent contradiction in Kripke. Here's a guy who when Sheldon wanted to be friends proposed activities such as riding horses and rock climbing. Now he can't even dribble a basketball?

Worst ever episode to me is the one where Priya asks Leonard to tell Penny to keep her distance. And most of my hate for that is on Priya, worst character ever on this show. She asks him to tell one of his closest friends "you can't hangout with me anymore, which means for the most part you can't hang out with Sheldon or Howard or Raj either, since we're always together" and then got all "I hope you weren't cruel to her". You asked him to do something cruel to her!!!!!! GOD I hate Priya!!!

• Like 1

The Pilot was pretty bad. I also didn't care much for the one where they went shopping for dresses this past season. One last one would be the one where Penny gets hurt and Sheldon has to take her to the hospital and the other guys are out at some science thingy. The only funny part was Howard finding out he had sex with a cousin.

My worst episode is the one where Sheldon and the gang are making Penny Blossoms, the bows for the hair that Penny was making. Why do I think it is the worst episode? Because it is soooooo boring!

For me it's a toss up. I'd say the season 4 finale with Raj / Penny. This was despicable. However, the season 5 premier could have resolved it but didn't so I guess that was really worse.

There have been some other stinkers this season, but the other one I find that I keep referring to is The Speckerman Recurrence. That show was pro-bullying and also let us know that Penny is a bully and a thief.

• Like 1

My worst episode is the one where Sheldon and the gang are making Penny Blossoms, the bows for the hair that Penny was making. Why do I think it is the worst episode? Because it is soooooo boring!

I agree, forgot about that one. Not only was it boring but a waste of time once she figured out she would barely make anything from it.

For me it's a toss up. I'd say the season 4 finale with Raj / Penny. This was despicable. However, the season 5 premier could have resolved it but didn't so I guess that was really worse.

There have been some other stinkers this season, but the other one I find that I keep referring to is The Speckerman Recurrence. That show was pro-bullying and also let us know that Penny is a bully and a thief.

Meh...always suspected Penny was a bully and a thief anyway. The thief part was obvious.

There are only a few episodes I didn't like and hardly ever rewatch - Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification, Speckerman Recurrence, Wiggly Finger Catalyst, Engagement Reaction. Also Lunar Excitation, apart from the 3 minutes of Sheldon/Amy's first meeting - I disliked how they handled Leonard/Penny in that episode.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

1. Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification... the aboslute worst. I hated it with passion. Never rewatched it again.

2. The Worksong Nanoncluster was boring - zzzzzzzzzzz quality

and a lot of people are going to kill me but I never cared at all for:

3. Bath Item Gift Hypothesis.. aside from the Sheldon/Penny hug scene, I didn't like the rest of the episode at all.

There are a lot of really bad episodes on season 5 and a few on season 4, but for me the winner is "The Stag Convergence". There's absolutely nothing good in it.

1. Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification... the aboslute worst. I hated it with passion. Never rewatched it again.

3. Bath Item Gift Hypothesis.. aside from the Sheldon/Penny hug scene, I didn't like the rest of the episode at all.

The only one I agree with you on is your number 2 choice. I agree it is a snooze fest. I actually think Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification is one of the better offerings of season 4 and Bath Item Gift Hypothesis is my all time favorite and the one that got me interested in the show to begin with.

How do you guys manage to remember all the episode names? That's amasing!

I have seen the titles of the episodes on my DVDs that I have watched too many times to mention.

How do you guys manage to remember all the episode names? That's amasing!

I have seen the titles of the episodes on my DVDs that I have watched too many times to mention.

yah were all obssesed :)

Yes Sursonica, you just may get killed for listing the BIGH episode. It is highly rated as one of the top episodes overall, as well as one of my top 5 favorites. The only thing I didn't like about that episode is that it was very predictable after Sheldon got the napkin gift. I like the show too much, so it is hard for me to choose one least favorite. I might have chose the episode that left us all in suspense at the end of season 4 , but being that i had the first episode of season 5 available, I let it pass.

If I did have to choose one, I would say ShellyBean's choice of the episode with Kripke playing basketball.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, Fun With Flags would also be on the list of my least favorites.

One thing I have learned from reading this forum and especially on the IMDB discussion boards, just about each and every movie or show is someone's favorite movie they ever saw and it's also someone else's worst movie they ever saw. I was just reading the massive discussion on the season 5 final episode board and I don't even want to attempt to get involved. Not enough science, too much romance, characters should evolve or they shouldn't evolve. Everyone can never be satisfied.

So anyway, who do you all think should be the next US president? J/K Lets not go there.

Yes Sursonica, you just may get killed for listing the BIGH episode. It is highly rated as one of the top episodes overall, as well as one of my top 5 favorites. The only thing I didn't like about that episode is that it was very predictable after Sheldon got the napkin gift. I like the show too much, so it is hard for me to choose one least favorite. I might have chose the episode that left us all in suspense at the end of season 4 , but being that i had the first episode of season 5 available, I let it pass.

If I did have to choose one, I would say ShellyBean's choice of the episode with Kripke playing basketball.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, Fun With Flags would also be on the list of my least favorites.

One thing I have learned from reading this forum and especially on the IMDB discussion boards, just about each and every movie or show is someone's favorite movie they ever saw and it's also someone else's worst movie they ever saw. I was just reading the massive discussion on the season 5 final episode board and I don't even want to attempt to get involved. Not enough science, too much romance, characters should evolve or they shouldn't evolve. Everyone can never be satisfied.

So anyway, who do you all think should be the next US president? J/K Lets not go there.

We should just drop the position. Nobody is qualified to lead a nation.

the stag party episode this season... awful awful awful.

And replying to the post above about the one where sheldon gets a new office, I agree that episode seemed off and not right somehow, even though I did like the basketball scene.

@Grasshopper - good analysis of people's wildly varying tastes. It may amaze me that anyone could list Bath Item or Adhesive Duck in their list of worst episodes (for me they're TBBT classics), but on the other hand, it's happening!

@Grasshopper - good analysis of people's wildly varying tastes. It may amaze me that anyone could list Bath Item or Adhesive Duck in their list of worst episodes (for me they're TBBT classics), but on the other hand, it's happening!

Those episodes have some of the best scenes in the entire series, but the entire episodes aren't golden. I love the x-mas gift exchange, who doesn't? But the rest of the stuff, with David Underhill... bleah...